LaunchBox Community Forums

Neon Deluxe Arcade - Launchbox Theme 13.8

(15 reviews)

5 Screenshots

About This File

Neon Deluxe Arcade - LaunchBox Theme

banner.thumb.jpg.9208381856bcd6ae8cb62a9ff2464501.jpg

Note: This thread will not be pushed to the front in the "whats new" section, if you want notifications for future updates to this file be sure to follow this page by using the follow button in the upper right corner.

INTRO:

In a dark alley lit by black light and neon, an arcade resides; Neon Deluxe Arcade.

Neon Deluxe Arcade is a series of themes, if you like you can download these to accompany the complete theme:

Neon Deluxe Arcade - Badges

Neon Deluxe Arcade - Big Box Theme

Neon Deluxe Arcade - Launchbox Theme

Neon Deluxe Arcade - Startup Theme (Street)

Neon Deluxe Arcade - Startup Theme (Inside)

Mr. RetroLust's Realistic Retroarch Bezels (Same style > Dimmed lit retro gaming)

Mr. RetroLust's - Mame 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Bezels (Same style > Dimmed lit retro gaming)

CREDITS:
Huge Thanks to @Grila for the inspiration and his permission and kindness to use his codes for especially the left sidebar and more from his LBPlex Launchbox Theme. Also huge thanks to @Rincewind for the inspiration and his permission and kindness to use his code of the Rincewind Launchbox Theme for full screen background images. I couldn't have made it as it is without you guys! Thanks to @C-Beats for adding the steam achievements to the theme, and the code for clear logos! Thanks to @faeran for the tip about video background transparency and the coding for the play time tracker. @Retro808 for the filters code, thanks man!

FEATURES:
More than I can mention, you just have to see it in action, one thing I can mention is that it features a bright green and slightly larger cache progress bar so you can't miss it when it's working to make a smooth experience :)

INSTALLATION:
Extract folder "Neon Deluxe Arcade LB" to Launchbox/LBThemes. Open Launchbox, go to Tools/Options/(Leftside bar) Visuals/Choose the theme in the dropdown bar. 

Tip: Tools/Options/Theme/Colors > Choose "Midnight Blue" for anything that was not possible to color change in Launchbox theming.

Important: This theme does not use fanart or platform backgrounds but a static 4K quality background, there are 7 backgrounds to choose from in the separate download, the image you want to display should be named "Background-01.jpg" and overwritten in \LBThemes\Neon Deluxe Arcade LB\Images. In order to get it working as you see in the screenshots please set your background settings to:

settings.thumb.PNG.58bf1e70e2c58e151b7077f742276927.PNG

Hope you enjoy, have fun brothers!

Edited by Mr. RetroLust

What's New in Version 13.8   See changelog

Released

- New search function and pop up for latest LB version, thanks to @faeran

• Like 41
  • Thanks 11
  • The Cake is a Lie 1
  • Unusual Gem 4

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

49 minutes ago, Akiles35 said:

No i need help error

The screenshot is in spanish and I don't speak spanish, also i'm not very technical code wise.

• Like 1

Hola Akiles35.

No soy seguro, pero este tipo de problema es mas con LaunchBox que con un tema.
Trata de reinstallar LaunchBox sobre la instalacion inicial.

Disculpa, pero conosco menos que Mr. Retrolust, y el tampoco esta seguro de que es el problema.

(Entiendo que usted esta Espanol pero este foro es en ingles. No sea como los franceses 😉 )

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deuxcolors said:

Hola Akiles35.

No soy seguro, pero este tipo de problema es mas con LaunchBox que con un tema.
Trata de reinstallar LaunchBox sobre la instalacion inicial.

Disculpa, pero conosco menos que Mr. Retrolust, y el tampoco esta seguro de que es el problema.

(Entiendo que usted esta Espanol pero este foro es en ingles. No sea como los franceses 😉 )

Yeah what would help if you set LB to english language and then trigger the error as I'm not able to translate images, text is no problem though.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Akiles35 said:

Ayuda por favor, version de luanchBox 11.11

1592638154_Capturadepantalla(410).png

Tienes la licençca de activaccion original? Pregunto eso pues que estamos en la version mucho mas nueva que esta, y en general es un error de imcompatibilidad.

@Mr. RetroLust  translated for you:  Do you have the original activation license? I ask that because we are in the much newer version than this one, and in general it is an incompatibility error.

• Like 2

Hello, if I have the original license, and launchbox installed, does anyone have an older version of Neon Deluxe Arcade 2.0. Thank you

10 minutes ago, Akiles35 said:

Hello, if I have the original license, and launchbox installed, does anyone have an older version of Neon Deluxe Arcade 2.0. Thank you

I don't have an older version but I hope someone else has.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Akiles35 said:

does not work, capture english

286360327_Capturadepantalla(427).png

I really have no idea what it could be, did you unblock the theme zip files before extracting them to the lbtheme directory?

• Like 1

The control is says it can't find has been in the app for a long time. I'd run the installer over your current build and see if doing so updates your DLL. Sounds like you may have an antivirus program affecting your files.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, C-Beats said:

El control dice que no puede encontrar ha estado en la aplicación durante mucho tiempo. Ejecutaría el instalador sobre su compilación actual y vería si al hacerlo actualiza su DLL. Parece que puede tener un programa antivirus que afecta a sus archivos.

Hi, I haven't used an antivirus for many years. I have Windows 10.

5 minutes ago, Akiles35 said:

Hi, I haven't used an antivirus for many years. I have Windows 10.

Then I'd rerun the installer over top of your current install and try again to see if it helps. Please make sure you don't accidentally install to \\LaunchBox\LaunchBox instead of \\LaunchBox though.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, zugswang said:

Can you use Platform icons with this theme, or if not are you considering adding the ability to do so in future ?

Thanks

If you download the latest version you can use the icons yep :)

Oh wow, I had given up on it even being possible to edit game title without the clear logo issue, My only reason to switch to other themes now and again, when it annoyed me too much (only to switch back after a week or so every time :P )
Great work, you two!

• Game On 1

36 minutes ago, EgoBizarro said:

Oh wow, I had given up on it even being possible to edit game title without the clear logo issue, My only reason to switch to other themes now and again, when it annoyed me too much (only to switch back after a week or so every time :P )
Great work, you two!

All credit goes to @faeran :)

• Thanks 1

Great update bro. I switched over to the default theme for those icons then was like... hmm i wonder if Retrolust added them.. bingo my perfect front end is realized lol. Keep em coming man. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, RegularRegs said:

Great update bro. I switched over to the default theme for those icons then was like... hmm i wonder if Retrolust added them.. bingo my perfect front end is realized lol. Keep em coming man. 

Thanks, glad you like :)

That's awesome. It would be nice to have that look in the theme. Can the clear logos on the left be scaled down or up or are they fixed in size? @Mr. RetroLust it would be nice if you could implement it. Or if @zugswang could share the modification.

• Like 1