LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Details 2.24

(7 reviews)

3 Screenshots

About This File

The newest version of this theme requires version 13.4, or higher.

Big Details is a new theme that reimagines what the LaunchBox interface can be. Every piece of the interface has been tweaked and adjusted to provide a smooth and modern experience with subtle animations across the theme. The main highlight is the transition to a banner-type horizontal Game Details view.

There's a lot to unbundle in this one, and any potential theme developers are welcome to take a peak into the code to get inspiration.

Some features of this theme include:

• Banner style game details view with 
  • Uniform Image Grid View with rounded corners and vertically aligned images
  • New controls pop-up that houses the music controls, and image and volume sliders
  • Redesigned top menu bar
  • Dynamic Play button with multiple version support, and states for: Play, Install, Unavailable

LaunchBox_lNum5uuCgI.thumb.jpg.8d1c05e691938887e3a325238973799d.jpg

What's New in Version 2.24   See changelog

Released

• The advanced search hint popup has been added
  • Like 34
  • Thanks 8
  • Game On 1
  • Unusual Gem 11

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thank you so much for making such a cool theme, can you share the space settings used in the photos? I tried to make it look like the picture but I couldn't.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, leocmp said:

Thank you so much for making such a cool theme, can you share the space settings used in the photos? I tried to make it look like the picture but I couldn't.

Sure.

Horizontal and Vertical set to 5

Aspect Ratio set to 0.55

• Thanks 2

Sounds like something didn't get extracted properly. I just checked the archive uploaded and that image is in there.

I see what happened. I renamed the Big Details folder within the LBThemes folder to Big Details 1.01 so that I would know if there was an update to the theme in the future. The theme is looking for an absolute path to the theme files.

Edited by Knowcontrol

On 3/5/2022 at 9:35 AM, Mongu said:

@faeran, Sometimes the video does not autoplay. could you take a look at it?

This is not really something a theme controls. Double check your auto-play settings, and potentially switch your video playback engine under Tools > Options > Video Playback

On 3/5/2022 at 8:14 PM, Tony Birt said:

@faeranBeautiful theme, especially love the boxes and font.  Is there a way I could change/remove the black wave effect as the banner zooms?  thanks

Thanks. Although, I'm not entirely sure what black wave effect you are referring to. 

I was having the same issue as Mongu with video's not always playing but seems solid with this update.

• Thanks 1

Thank you!

I have an issue though. The badges are cropped.

I have attached an example

How could I rectify it?

Clipboard01PPPPPPPPPPP.jpg

Edited by Wally

I think these latest possible themes with new Launchbox features are really cool. I'm just sad they only look nice with fanart images, but unfortunately most games don't have such images. Using box art ends up polluting the result, along with clean logos.

8 minutes ago, soqueroeu said:

I think these latest possible themes with new Launchbox features are really cool. I'm just sad they only look nice with fanart images, but unfortunately most games don't have such images. Using box art ends up polluting the result, along with clean logos.

You can adjust what you want to see there within your background priority options, under Options > Media > Background Priority

30 minutes ago, faeran said:

You can adjust what you want to see there within your background priority options, under Options > Media > Background Priority

In fact, it's not an issue with the theme, but the lack of fanart images for many games reduces the experience.

2 minutes ago, soqueroeu said:

In fact, it's not an issue with the theme, but the lack of fanart images for many games reduces the experience.

Guess you better get uploading them to the database :P

But seriously, what I end up doing in my personal build is including game play screenshots in my background priorities.

You can also set a default background image to display on a platform-by-platform basis, by right clicking a platform and adding a background image.

• Like 1

Looking great!

Is there any plan to make it look better when there's horizontal and vertical covers mixed? maybe force to group them together or add an option to just zoom to fill, rotate or just shrink vertical ones (keeping or not the aspect ratio)?.

26 minutes ago, exodus_cl said:

Looking great!

Is there any plan to make it look better when there's horizontal and vertical covers mixed? maybe force to group them together or add an option to just zoom to fill, rotate or just shrink vertical ones (keeping or not the aspect ratio)?.

Thanks exodus. I have no current plans to do this. Personally, I believe this is a good solution. Anything else there will be compromises. You wouldn't be able to group them together, as that would negate any other form of arranging done by the user. You can force a height and a width, cut off parts of one type of image, but no matter what, you end up causing other problems.

If you are not really concerned with authenticity, you can always download packs of uniform images, which would solve that type of issue from the get go.

Great theme, thanks a lot, using it as default now, LB starts really looking awesome like this, making BB obsolete 😀 At least for me and non cabinet using people.

One question, in the image it shows the game name AND the developer, how can I remove the developer, and if so would it also be possible the shrink the image box? 

Capture.PNG

22 minutes ago, DeadVoivod said:

Great theme, thanks a lot, using it as default now, LB starts really looking awesome like this, making BB obsolete 😀 At least for me and non cabinet using people.

One question, in the image it shows the game name AND the developer, how can I remove the developer, and if so would it also be possible the shrink the image box? 

Capture.PNG

The size of the image box dynamically shrinks to the size of the largest item within your given row. The only reason it would not be doing this is if you have Dynamic Box Sizing disabled in your options, found under Visuals > Boxes

The spot where you see the developer is actually a dynamically changing text binding that will change depending on your Arrange By value (as an example, if you arrange by date, that value will change to the date). Currently, you would have to dive into the code and remove that line if you want to get rid of it.  In the future, I could make the option Show Subline affect it's visibility (Same place in the options as above). Something I can add to the list.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, faeran said:

The spot where you see the developer is actually a dynamically changing text binding that will change depending on your Arrange By value (as an example, if you arrange by date, that value will change to the date). Currently, you would have to dive into the code and remove that line if you want to get rid of it.  In the future, I could make the option Show Subline affect it's visibility (Same place in the options as above). Something I can add to the list.

That would be great, thanks a lot. 

I actually have it set to arrange by title, so I don't understand why it still shows the developer? 

Edited by DeadVoivod

On 3/8/2022 at 10:35 PM, faeran said:

You can also set a default background image to display on a platform-by-platform basis, by right clicking a platform and adding a background image.

How would you do that? I have background images for platforms, but how do I manage to use that picture as my background in the games view? 

I now noticed that it only works if there are none of the other priority background images checked AND the image in the platform category is set to fanart. 

Edited by DeadVoivod
  • Like 1

Me again. Now I noticed another thing that doesn't please me, I know it looks great with rounded corners. But I'm only using the clear logos view on ALL of my platforms, and I noticed now that the clear logos also get rounded, which doesn't look good at all. 

Any possibility how I could change this? 

I love this theme! Do you know if there's any way to make the background images centered vertically? Only being able to see the top of each one means that a lot of background images show you blank space or the tops of heads. (I'd rather not manually edit every game's BG art, especially since I still use the full images for loading.)