LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing

Jason Carr

SentaiBrad said
orac31 said thanks but only have xmls in my backup folder have I done something wrong
If you are looking for the setups, then they're in the Updates folder, only XML's are in the backups folder.
Thank you have found it but after think about it I think I will wait for the next update.

If you sort them by date and install the second oldest exe over your current install, all your settings will stay the same but remove any broken features or bugs caused by new features in the Beta. So if you want to wait, then you're more than welcome to, but if your particular bug gets to be too annoying, you can easily downgrade to Beta 2 or eve regular LB 6.3.

has anything to do with controller automation exiting emulators with controller in Bigbox changed? Was working fine but now i can't get anything to close with the controller automation, same exact settings work in Launchbox Enable Gamepad/Joystick input - checked Use Z-Axis (triggers) to scroll - checked Choose a Device: XInput Xbox 360/Xbox One Use All Attached Controllers - Unchecked Automation Hold this button: Button 7 Close the active window: Button 6 That is select and R1 on my controllers i use a dolphin-bar for wii and ps3/ps4 remotes using scptoolkit that makes them be xbox controllers to windows. thanks

If I recall, the dolphin bar can mess with controllers, so unplug that or change the settings to test there first. Otherwise, there was a thread on here about someone else having issues with controller automation after the last beta, and it turns out it was a settings issue, so the specific settings may have been corrupted. https://www.launchbox-app.com/forum/games-database-troubleshooting/entering-and-exiting-pcsx2/page-2#p22920

SentaiBrad said If I recall, the dolphin bar can mess with controllers, so unplug that or change the settings to test there first. Otherwise, there was a thread on here about someone else having issues with controller automation after the last beta, and it turns out it was a settings issue, so the specific settings may have been corrupted. https://www.launchbox-app.com/forum/games-database-troubleshooting/entering-and-exiting-pcsx2/page-2#p22920
like i said worked fine before, nothing other then updating to newer beta version has changed, works perfect in launchbox just not in bigbox. Did some testing every other automation command is working just tested volume up and down only function that wont work is to exit open program. For example i open up a emulator and i can change the volume with holding down button 7 and pressing button 3 for up and 4 for down it works pressing 6 to close does nothing yet in launchbox it does work. 6 i tried mapping close button to different buttons still same problem

well apparently i am not the only one :) just read a page back and few people have the same issue with beta 3 switched back to beta 2 a and i can exit games fine now in bigbox thanks hopefully this gets fixed

shinra358 said With skipping details on with a button that can go into details (which is a feature I asked for years ago xD ), backing out of the details screen results in the music not playing. If the details has a video, the video turns off when you press the back button and then you have to press the back button again to get out of the details screen. Video still doesn't play when ur back in the games view. But actually it does, just the first millisecond of the vid then a couple secs pass and then that first millisecond of the vid plays again. The millisecond from that vid can be heard even on other games that dont have video periodically.
Hi @shinra358, is this happening with both the Windows Media Player engine and VLC? Which one are you using?

kanonopc said When razer hydra is connected, launchbox scroll down automatically and don't stop, doing it unusable This problem happens when I connect a USB in the hydra. When I disable Controller suport, It stops. I think the problem is with razer hydra driver conflict, because launchbox recognize Razer Hydra like a controller
Hi @kanonopc, you should be able to work around this by disabling the "use all controllers" option. If you force LaunchBox/Big Box to use only a single controller it should not be a problem.

Jazzphone said
Jason Carr said New beta is out guys; I spent the latter half of my day fixing everything for the German translation and this morning fixing numerous bugs from Bitbucket. This beta also has the stuff from yesterday's live stream where we tackled the option to skip the game details screen in Big Box. I'm going to push out 6.4 here in the next few days, hopefully.
Hi Jason, it seems the new beta broke controller automation and I can no longer exit games. I tried remapping keys but no go on that. I went back to beta 2 using my back up and all is well again.
I've figured out the issue with controller automation; I caused it by trying to fix the issue where LaunchBox itself was closing as well with certain emulators. I have it all wrapped up now for the next beta which should be out later today.

Alright, the big issue that's plaguing me right now and delaying the 6.4 release is VLC video playback issues and supposed audio crackling. I think they are related, but some people are saying that it is happening for WMP as well. So that is what I'm currently working on resolving. Anyone who has good, clear details (or better yet a video) on those issues, feedback would be much appreciated on that. Thanks all.

Alright, new beta is out. Believe it or not, I think I've solved the VLC playback/audio stuttering issues as well. From what I can tell, the issues were indeed caused by VLC. Let me know how this version fairs for everyone who was having those issues.

Jason Carr said Alright, new beta is out. Believe it or not, I think I've solved the VLC playback/audio stuttering issues as well. From what I can tell, the issues were indeed caused by VLC. Let me know how this version fairs for everyone who was having those issues.
Just given it a quick test only quick mind But controller automation fixed Also videos playing and stopping fine(using background videos) I have tried closing big box 5 times each time it closes fine. will let you know if I come up with any problems Thanks