LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing

Jason Carr

Just and idea, programs like CCleaner for Windows, when using the formatting tool it shows a confirmation dialog requesting the user to actually type the word "ERASE" (in uppercase), to avoid deleting files with accidental enter key presses. Something like this, could let the user know that they will actually Delete or Erase the selected contents in LB and prevent mistakes.confirm-erase.jpg

Yea I can see how that would works. If someone wants to create a ticket for this (if they haven't already), then please feel free. Link back to the specific reply in the Ticket please, so Jason can see some context, and you can copy paste some of the stuff from here. The link button next to the post's number will give you the link to that post in your address bar.

Jason Carr said You can now turn on video backgrounds under Options > Filters Images > Use Background Videos. This should now work for all the platforms views sans for the boring text list view.
@Jason can you please add this functionality to the "boring text list view"? I'm probably in the minority but I really don't like the clear logo view. I prefer the text view because if looks less mish-mash and is nice and clean. Background videos work for the games list text view - I'd love to have it for platforms as well.

SentaiBrad said Yea I can see how that would works. If someone wants to create a ticket for this (if they haven't already), then please feel free. Link back to the specific reply in the Ticket please, so Jason can see some context, and you can copy paste some of the stuff from here. The link button next to the post's number will give you the link to that post in your address bar.
Will sort out when back at my laptop, probably Monday.

I am using version 6.4-beta-2 and I noticed the application was really slow when I added about 30% of my roms to it I have 32588 roms added but these are mostly NES, SNES, Atari 2600, Sega Genesis. When I have Sony Playstation 2 selected from the platform list (I only have 5 roms added for PS2) it is very slow... So I opened up resource manager to have a peak. The CPU is hovering around 16-19% usage at all times and the disk activity shows tons of cycles being used by the images in the NES and SNES folders. Why is it trying to load images for platforms that I am not viewing?

Hi @domoaligato, the CPU usage is due to LaunchBox generating the disk image cache in the background. All the images in your collection are being resized and cached in order to display quickly. Once that process is done, the CPU usage should go down to zero while it's not in use. We're always working on performance, but collections of that size and larger are unfortunately a challenge to keep performant. I assume you're importing multiple versions of the games? In the future we plan to provide a way for games to support multiple versions in order to keep the game count down and better organize things.

Jason Carr said Hi @domoaligato, the CPU usage is due to LaunchBox generating the disk image cache in the background. All the images in your collection are being resized and cached in order to display quickly. Once that process is done, the CPU usage should go down to zero while it's not in use. We're always working on performance, but collections of that size and larger are unfortunately a challenge to keep performant. I assume you're importing multiple versions of the games? In the future we plan to provide a way for games to support multiple versions in order to keep the game count down and better organize things.
i actually put in a feature request on the same concept of having filters like images for rom images last night :) rom version priorities based on the goodtool rom code naming standards. Thanks again for this awesome application.

In truth, this is one of the main reasons why we suggest No Intro and nothing else. You get the games you want without all the bloat. Not only is it harder to sift through for users, but then it adds more entries to LaunchBox that take up more and more resources. It's been requested a lot that we create some sort of folder system, or way to display multiple versions of the same game before, so this is becoming a big request. I am unsure the best way for us to tackle it though.

New beta is out guys; I spent the latter half of my day fixing everything for the German translation and this morning fixing numerous bugs from Bitbucket. This beta also has the stuff from yesterday's live stream where we tackled the option to skip the game details screen in Big Box. I'm going to push out 6.4 here in the next few days, hopefully.

With skipping details on with a button that can go into details (which is a feature I asked for years ago xD ), backing out of the details screen results in the music not playing. If the details has a video, the video turns off when you press the back button and then you have to press the back button again to get out of the details screen. Video still doesn't play when ur back in the games view. But actually it does, just the first millisecond of the vid then a couple secs pass and then that first millisecond of the vid plays again. The millisecond from that vid can be heard even on other games that dont have video periodically.

When razer hydra is connected, launchbox scroll down automatically and don't stop, doing it unusable This problem happens when I connect a USB in the hydra. When I disable Controller suport, It stops. I think the problem is with razer hydra driver conflict, because launchbox recognize Razer Hydra like a controller

Jason Carr said New beta is out guys; I spent the latter half of my day fixing everything for the German translation and this morning fixing numerous bugs from Bitbucket. This beta also has the stuff from yesterday's live stream where we tackled the option to skip the game details screen in Big Box. I'm going to push out 6.4 here in the next few days, hopefully.
Hi Jason, it seems the new beta broke controller automation and I can no longer exit games. I tried remapping keys but no go on that. I went back to beta 2 using my back up and all is well again.

Jazzphone said
Jason Carr said New beta is out guys; I spent the latter half of my day fixing everything for the German translation and this morning fixing numerous bugs from Bitbucket. This beta also has the stuff from yesterday's live stream where we tackled the option to skip the game details screen in Big Box. I'm going to push out 6.4 here in the next few days, hopefully.
Hi Jason, it seems the new beta broke controller automation and I can no longer exit games. I tried remapping keys but no go on that. I went back to beta 2 using my back up and all is well again.
I can confirm that two is there any why I can go back to the last ver?

orac31 said
Jazzphone said
I can confirm that two is there any why I can go back to the last ver?
Open your updates folder and sort it by date modified, pick the second oldest exe in there.

kanonopc said When razer hydra is connected, launchbox scroll down automatically and don't stop, doing it unusable This problem happens when I connect a USB in the hydra. When I disable Controller suport, It stops. I think the problem is with razer hydra driver conflict, because launchbox recognize Razer Hydra like a controller
Unfortunately, if this is the case, there is actually nothing we can do. We can't tell a piece of hardware what to do with it's Drivers, the piece of hardware interfaces with the driver then the driver tells us what the hardware is. This is something we will never be able to change. If you are trying to use a controller though, in your controller settings there is a drop down to select which controller. You should be able to select your controller and not your keyboard, as long as you don't check the box to use all connected controllers.