LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing

Jason Carr

Beta Question/update is the region part manually ? i imported all my SNES games. (Europe) (USA) (Japan) but when sorting with region all i got was a bunch of undefined files. did i miss something on import Laugh

Thanks all, just put out 6.4-beta-1 which resolves some bugs that came in regarding 6.3. As usual we'll probably put out 6.4 here soon to fix those issues, so the earlier you guys can test this, the better. :) Also new in this beta is the two things we worked in the live stream yesterday: region parsing and deleting ROM files. Note that there is a checkbox in the general options in LaunchBox that needs to be checked, and then you'll be prompted to delete them when you delete emulated games. Also updated the French release notes thanks to @Wattoo. :) @ALIE, the region stuff wasn't available until this release.

Jason Carr said Thanks all, just put out 6.4-beta-1 which resolves some bugs that came in regarding 6.3. As usual we'll probably put out 6.4 here soon to fix those issues, so the earlier you guys can test this, the better. :) Also new in this beta is the two things we worked in the live stream yesterday: region parsing and deleting ROM files. Note that there is a checkbox in the general options in LaunchBox that needs to be checked, and then you'll be prompted to delete them when you delete emulated games. Also updated the French release notes thanks to @Wattoo. :) @ALIE, the region stuff wasn't available until this release.
OK i see what happenedEmbarassed haven't used LB in a few days so it was an old update, i thought was this one gonna update and try it now.

OKLaugh Here we go results for my first major scrape is looking good. first i looked at how many games in my folder had the USA,Europe,Japan in the name. results was from search. USA 837. Japan 1656. Europe 585. LB found and placed. USA 842 . Japan 1650. Europe 580. plus Australia 3. Brazil 3. canada 1. china 1. hong kong 2. italy 3. franch 31. germany 46. korea 3. sweden 1. neterlands 1. world 7. i would say thats pretty much perfect expect i got one error, the same you got in the development session some game error because it was already added?.. IdeaLaugh i dont know how sorting in big box will be. but in LB if by clicking on the black name box for the region could collapse the games. you know? hiding them.

ALIE said OKLaugh Here we go results for my first major scrape is looking good. results was from search. USA 837. Japan 1656. Europe 585. LB found and placed. USA 842 . Japan 1650. Europe 580.
Can you give us a few examples of the full file names for the games it didn't find?

SentaiBrad said
ALIE said OKLaugh Here we go results for my first major scrape is looking good. results was from search. USA 837. Japan 1656. Europe 585. LB found and placed. USA 842 . Japan 1650. Europe 580.
Can you give us a few examples of the full file names for the games it didn't find?
Pretty sure nothing was missed. The lower number I the 3 main regions. seems to be because LB was more precise and have placed in Australia 3. Brazil 3. canada 1. china 1. hong kong 2. italy 3. franch 31. germany 46. korea 3. sweden 1. neterlands 1. world 7.

Another suggestion Jason. If the option could be added that LB could have a folder created and files moved like the normal scrapping for each of the region that LB sees and makes. that would be awesome So all the Noth American games LB finds gets a folder whiting the SNES folder.

Re the new ROM deletion process... First of all, love it in principle - great to have. One tweak I'd like if possible. If you are deleting a ROM file and an error occurs it would be good to have options to: a) Cancel the deletion b) Ignore further warnings. I learnt this when every one of 300 ROMS I was deleting was write-protected ;)

Also, an issue with deletion: If I have games with a custom platform name (e.g. "Nintendo NES" rather than "Nintendo Entertainment System") they deleting the ROM files fails as it looks for the folder it thinks they
    should
be in, not the one they are actually in. i.e. it's trying to delete from a path in the Launchbox directory, whereas mine live on a network drive. error Assume it's related to custom platforms, but may be general?

@imdavid555 - thanks for this suggestion. Strictly speaking, no, it's not which may be why the error occurs. However, given that I've chosen to keep my files in their original location, I would expect Launchbox to respect that rather than assume that they are in the "default" directory. The platform dialogue correctly detects the number of games for the platform despite none of them being in the folder shown. I will update these folder locations, but thing there's a logical flaw in getting the game path that needs resolving. platforms

Yeah if you told LB to keep your games in their original location when you are importing them then that is where LB should recognize them as being if it isn't doing that it is a bug with the delete feature. So I have to ask did you direct LB to use the games original location when you imported them into LB?

Hi @martinconroy, that sounds like a pretty strange issue. I'm curious to know if the games you deleted would actually play (were they working in LaunchBox) before you deleted them. We use the exact same code to map the paths in both places, so it doesn't really make much sense, unless there's something strange I'm overlooking. Can you test to make sure that the games successfully play but really don't delete?

Really the platform paths shouldn't have anything to do with the problem, as the path is stored separately for each game. That said, it could be a relative path issue if you moved your LaunchBox folder, or something of that nature. If you edit one of the games, what does the game say for ROM path?