LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing

Jason Carr

GatoSoft said Oops... I think I misunderstood about all the YouTube thing. Anyway, I was only suggesting but I've expressed myself terribly. Sorry... ^_^U
No worries. No feature is ever promised because something can always break, but the more interest by the users the harder Jason will try to get it in. :P

That would be really cool, but don't we have to create one for each game? That would take a huge amount of time. Also, how do you sort that stuff? I personally have a huge library, my system would grind to a halt if suddenly all of my games (or even half) were live tiles. This does look cool though... what if we created one for LaunchBox and BigBox in general?

Good ideas @Lmagnus87, jump lists are on my to-do list somewhere; feel free to add them to Bitbucket if they're not already there. Live tiles are also a good point; I thought of that a while back but nothing ever came of it, so go ahead and add that to Bitbucket as well. No big deal (really no big deal at all), but it would be better to keep this beta testing thread free of feature suggestions and put them either in Bitbucket directly or in a separate thread.

I just put out a new beta with the sidebar videos support. Keep in mind that there are many, many known issues with the videos in this release. Resizing the sidebar doesn't resize the videos until you click on a different game, the videos in the hover popups don't work, etc. The primary reason I'm putting this beta out early is that I have one machine that I can't for the life of me get the sidebar videos to work on, and it seems to be just that one machine. I haven't been able to figure it out, so I'm curious if the videos are working for everyone. If they are, I'll just ignore the problem and stop wasting my time on it. Either way I should figure out what it is because someone is bound to run into the same issue eventually, but if it's working for everyone then I'll consider that a low priority. Thanks and let me know if the videos in the sidebar are working for you.

Working great right now, tested it with an MP4 commercial from YouTube. Plays and sounds fine, but clicking away to another game entry doesn't stop the video from playing. Edit: I also assume that in the official release a Video tab in the options menu will be available? Stuff like video's not auto playing.

If your game has a long detail your video is off screen and you have to scroll down through the game details. It should probably moved up so it shows when you click on the game. Yeah if you click a game with a its own video it switches but if you choose one without a video it keeps playing off screen.

Or rather a choice to have the video at the top or bottom? And at the top but below the name. Also for the record I have mp4, avi, mov and mpg video files working. Some of the mov files aren't having sound play but they aren't playing sound in Media Player Classic either and have an error because of it, so I assume these are broken. So I think I found a loophole to finally post my favorite site. ;) But remember, "only" get the commercials. ;) ;) http://www.emuparadise.me/Commercials/ Edit: Also im using YouTube and they're the mp4's. I'm using a program called 4k Video Downloader for that, but that does cost money for the full program. Otherwise the Video DownloadHelper FireFox addon is what I use for YouTube. But don't download peoples video's if they are content that the channel makes. So don't download LaunchBox's or my video's please. :P Especially mine, I have ad revenue enabled. xD

Yeah definitely below the name but I don't have an issue with the option of top or bottom I know I would prefer mine on top although truthfully I've had the game details disabled for about a month or so since it allows for an extra box and faster scrolling through the games. EmuParadise is the bomb they have the best uhm commercials available.

Great addition...I can confirm the sidebar videos are working for me also. The only thing I see wrong so far is when a video is playing on one system and you click on another system the video sound is still playing until the video ends or you click on another game, but clicking from game to game on the same system works fine on my end.

I am having major issues with this latest beta, cannot actually get it to start. Once updated, it crashes on startup with the error "Property set of '\URL' cannot be invoked at this time". I have tried rolling back and re-updating 3 times, and still the same issue. I am running this on Windows 10 32bit, haven't tried on my other machine which is Windows 7 64bit, but will try that later. EDIT: Just tried on my Win7 64bit laptop, and am having exactly the same issues. Rolled back to 5.7, and it works perfectly!