LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing

Jason Carr

Jason Carr said
shinra358 said So then we have 2 separate cursors. I have a ds4 and if I use the track pad, the normal cursor moves. If I use the left analog stick, the launchbox cursor moves. Why aren't they one and the same like what games do (custom cursor follows normal cursor)? And/or how come I can't disable one?
What is a ds4? There are two cursors, but one is the regular system mouse cursor. I'm wondering if maybe you have some kind of additional control going on using an external application.
Dualshock 4 (playstation 4 controller). Nah, no external app for mouse on controller. DS4's trackpad controls mouse by default. Both my mouse and the ds4 controls the normal windows mouse. LB seems to create it's own cursor separate from your actual mouse.

Ah, I see. That's the reason; most controllers don't have any mouse control at all, and thus the LaunchBox custom mouse cursor is controlled with the left stick. So you're only seeing both cursors there because your controller has an option to control the mouse as well. It makes sense to add an option to disable that. Added it here: https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/219/add-option-to-disable-the-launchbox-game

Hehehehe, thanks for all that feedback, @shinra358. I think using Bitbucket there should actually be a really big help. And yes, feel free everyone to vote on the issues in the Bitbucket issues list; I'm still working on getting all my backlog of issues in there. If you see something that isn't in there, of course go ahead and add it as well. I will definitely consider the items that have more votes as priorities. My immediate action is to eliminate the bugs, at least the ones that seem significant.

Is there one for disabling the startup logo for Big Box? I didn't see it if so. Some new requests: 1. Ability to quick-sort in Big Box like you can in LB (title, date added, etc.) and the ability to specify/limit those sorting options. It would preferably be something you could do with a button press like L2/R2. 2. Cross-platform playlists, so you could select a title in say Neo Geo and choose "Add to playlist -> Favorite Shmups" and then go to Genesis and do the same thing. There could be an entry in the platform list for "Playlists" that took you to your sub-lists. 3. Multi-emulator option. I'd like to be able to add multiple pre-defined emulators that can be used per game so that, for example, I could choose say Retroarch as the default, but then adding an alternate in the game settings. You can already do this, but it requires that you add it as an additional app, so you're adding in the app title (ePSXe), specifying the path to the emulator, and have to specify the launch commands every time. I want to be able to just edit the game, go to the emulation tab, and specify a second emulator that I already have setup in LB as another option that will show up on right-clicking the game (like an additional app). 4. Export game list; total and per-platform. I'd like to be able to generate a nice little formatted spreadsheet of my games list. Thanks as always!

Thank you @Zombeaver and @DOS76. Thanks for putting all those up to Bitbucket, too, @Zombeaver. I've marked a couple as duplicates over there and also commented on the others. I trust you're getting email notifications when I comment (I hope)? @Lmagnus87, sorry I haven't gotten to that yet. If you would please, could you put it in as an issue over at the Bitbucket link (above)?

Really like your program so far, here are some problems and feature-requests: Feature requests: - When viewing images of a game in desktop mode i would like to only see front/back and screenshots, and more importantly, show them resized to full screen like in big box mode. If we could zoom in even more, maybe with the configured resize buttons, that would be even better, as the screenshots on the back of covers tend to be very small. Also, it would be great to have a little indicator like "1 / 3" to know how many images a game has, and which one we're viewing, that way, you wouldnt have to press right to find out that the game has no more images. Btw i prefer desktop view because i like seeing the games covers. Problems / Bugs: - When i enable "use z-axis to scroll" with my wired xbox one controller it just constantly scrolls down without pressing anything ("use all attached controllers" is disabled). it doesnt seem like a deadzone problem, rather that the middle point of the axis is incorrect. - Page up / down gamepad button assignments in desktop mode get reset when i switch to big box mode and back. - When holding down/up on the d-pad, it only moves by 1, would be great if it would automatically continue while pressing, like with the keybord up/down keys. - When using page down/up it should automatically select a visible game, otherwise, if i use the d-pad to navigate after pressing page-down/up i end up where i started before the page down/up, and it moves the selection relative to the initially selected game. Thanks

Thank you, @macadamia, welcome. If you would please put the bugs and feature requests up on our issues list here, it would be much appreciated: http://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox That way we can track each individual issue/request to make sure that nothing gets lost in the mix. I develop straight off of that list. Thanks!

Sorry for the dumb question, but are the beta/nightly builds no longer available? The link just goes to the main build :) I will buy premium soon, I just noticed you had a scripture in your about section, which I really liked. Thanks for the hard work. (Edit: Just paid in fact but not sure if it went through as after entering payment it just went back to normal webpage no confirmation)

NewYears1978, I think I told you already via email, but you can check the box to update to beta releases in the Options menu in LaunchBox. New beta is finally out. EmuMovies no longer downloads extra front, back, or clear logo images by default, which should in most cases eliminate the duplicate images messages on saving individual games. The import processes have been updated to include the EmuMovies downloads as well. And finally a few bugs were fixed. Here's the full change log for 5.6 up to this point: - New Feature: MAME ROMs can now be filtered on import to skip clones, prefer certain regions, and/or skip hacks, prototypes, or bootleg games - New Feature: EmuMovies images, manuals, and video downloads are now integrated into LaunchBox imports and metadata/images/media downloading - Improvement: Added delete operations to regularly clean up LaunchBox.xml files that are placed in the temporary folder - Improvement: Up and down navigation now still works when Recent or Favorite boxes are highlighted in the main Big Box view (was confusing before) - Improvement: Additional licensing information is now available under Help > About > Premium, including upgrades availability - Fixed: Big Box option to turn off sorting favorited items first wasn't working in some situations - Fixed: The updated Add/Edit Emulator dialog had some significant presentation issues with the Spanish, French, and Brazilian Portuguese translations - Fixed: Threading conflicts were occasionally occurring after save operations due to the new threading performance improvements - Fixed: Check boxes in Big Box were not displaying for custom and old-school Windows themes - Fixed: The French translation setup was crashing if prerequisites were required - Fixed: Big Box now shows up properly in the task bar

Jason Carr said - Improvement: Up and down navigation now still works when Recent or Favorite boxes are highlighted in the main Big Box view (was confusing before)
Jason Carr said - Fixed: Big Box now shows up properly in the task bar
Yay! These are two things I'd been looking for. The Emumovies changes sound like a nice improvement too! I'll check out the beta tonight. Thank you for this!