LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing

Jason Carr

Now on 5.8 beta 4. Just wondering if anyone else is seeing this error. With the right sidebar open and playing a video, running the game works great, but when I quit the game I get the error shown in the attached image below. Clicking OK closes this error box, but the video never resumes. You need to select another game for video playing to resume.

Thanks @scree, I'll look into that, as well as the other issue above. The merch store looks like it's all fixed up finally guys. Probably open it up officially tonight or tomorrow: https://www.launchbox-app.com/merch I'm looking for ideas for custom shirts. Thinking maybe we should hold a contest for shirt ideas, and if we use your idea we'd just send you a free shirt. I'll probably make that official here soon, but feel free to contribute some ideas here in the mean time if you'd like. :)

I have been trying to import 32x games on the new beta and it will not download any metadata using the 'Download Metadata and Images' option. If I right click on each game and search thegamesdb it will find them and download just fine but this can only be done for each individual game. Also, cool too see the videos working, how feasible would it be to set the video as the background of each game?

Video's vary wildly in resolution, especially if you go for old commercials or older material like I did. It's not even scaling in the side bar yet, let alone scaling in the background? I just think that would look bad... but it is still an awesome idea for newer, bigger resolution video though. At the top of the forums, "Report Issue / Feedback", you're more then welcome to add that to the BitBucket list if you like, it's easier for Jason to track these things. I don't think he's gonna lose this request because he monitors this thread a lot, but I want users to get in to the habit of using it.

I just bought an official GC Adapter and tested on my PC, all games worked perfect but LB doesn't like it It goes to the bottom of the list (without touch anything) , scroll down directly to the last row of games. If I try to scroll up with the mouse I can go to the top but If release it, I return to the bottom again I used this for GC Adapter: Author´s Blog BitBucket page
Here is the TICKET

I am not sure if this is a new bug or not that was introduced in the new beta or if this is how it is supposed to work but while I am in Big Box and I choose View Series,View Genre and etc. or anything in the view category in BB and then I hit the back button in Big Box it does not allow me to go back. For instance if I click on "View Genre" and then hit esc to get out of that screen and then click the Back button in Big Box it goes back to the View Genre screen instead of going back to the platform screen. Hitting ESC also does the same thing.

kmoney2315 said I am not sure if this is a new bug or not that was introduced in the new beta or if this is how it is supposed to work but while I am in Big Box and I choose View Series,View Genre and etc. or anything in the view category in BB and then I hit the back button in Big Box it does not allow me to go back. For instance if I click on "View Genre" and then hit esc to get out of that screen and then click the Back button in Big Box it goes back to the View Genre screen instead of going back to the platform screen. Hitting ESC also does the same thing.
Thanks for that @kmoney2315, I will research.

Considering Jason is just assisting them with the API I am pretty sure that he wouldn't be able to give you a definitive date as completion isn't something he directly controls. I'm interested to see what will be needed to be added to LaunchBox in order to give users better options to choose between more sources of data as they become available.

That’s true, but maybe Jason knows about the current status of the API. Besides that it would be great to have a status update for the other announced scrapers like Giantbomb or Arcade-History. Right now I just play around with LaunchBox and don’t set up my entire game collection because I want to wait for the new scrapers (especially for the region based artwork scraping which could come with the Mobygames scraper), so for me that can’t happen fast enough. Smile

Guess we have to wait for Mobygames then. But what about Giantbomb and Arcade-History? The first one already has an API and the second one is a database file designed to get scraped from. It would be nice to have some info on what is worked on at the moment. Sorry if I sound too pushy but with Arcade-History integrated I could finally start to set up my LaunchBox and import all of my arcade systems.