LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing

Jason Carr

Thanks @Jason! It's recognizing the login now. One question though - can you not download the 240p video snaps via the free account in LB like you can on Emumovies main site? The download query has results for "snap" but it seems to just be screenshots, not the actual video snaps.

@Jason they're right on the main site under Downloads -> console/computer/whatever -> specific platform subsection -> 240p video snaps. Like this for example. Not all sections have the 240ps available, but many do. Pretty much everything from Dreamcast backwards has them. Whether or not those are in the API I don't know.

PLEASE fix launchbox colored mouse cursor showing up in Launchbox when you haven't moved the mouse. It comes up when bringing up details menu and when navigating to the gamebox part from the sidebar. PLEASE do secondary categories in next version. For launchbox AND bigbox. Been waiting a year! Btw, game details go offscreen (hovering on gamebox version). There's a huge space in description. Autosize it so that it doesn't go offscreen perhaps? Game details - Launchbox - I would like the normal game details (not hover version) to be transparent like hover version. Also, when bringup up this game details panel, make it so the background image doesn't resize. Sidebar - Lauchbox - can you add transparency here, and under it, allow for a user configurable separate image to be underneath dependending on what your selection is? Button keys mapable (up/down) to control the scroll bar of the game details panel (thumbstick directions as options too).

Good ideas @shinra358, as always. Apologies for the delay on the secondary categories, but keep in mind that I have to focus on the most-requested/most needed things first. Secondary categories are unfortunately not a priority for the moment. I'll see if I can look at the mouse cursor issue again soon.

So then we have 2 separate cursors. I have a ds4 and if I use the track pad, the normal cursor moves. If I use the left analog stick, the launchbox cursor moves. Why aren't they one and the same like what games do (custom cursor follows normal cursor)? And/or how come I can't disable one?

shinra358 said So then we have 2 separate cursors. I have a ds4 and if I use the track pad, the normal cursor moves. If I use the left analog stick, the launchbox cursor moves. Why aren't they one and the same like what games do (custom cursor follows normal cursor)? And/or how come I can't disable one?
What is a ds4? There are two cursors, but one is the regular system mouse cursor. I'm wondering if maybe you have some kind of additional control going on using an external application.

Quick update everyone on bug reporting. It is admittedly becoming a bit unwieldy and taking too much time to manage bug reports and feature requests, so I've decided to truly use the Bitbucket issue reporting how it's supposed to be used. I'm still working on importing my backlog of issues and requests, but going forward I'm going to be asking people to put in feature requests and bug reports in the Bitbucket list here: https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox I also need to merge in the Report Issue and Feedback options on the website to work with it as well. This way it's just much easier for me to get a big picture and make more educated decisions on the most important things to tackle next. As it stands I tend to tackle what feels important that has recently come in, but of course that has its flaws. That said, for beta testing, errors that only occur on the latest betas would probably be better to continue to report here in this thread (that way beta errors and errors with the official versions can stay separate). Thanks guys for everything, we'll keep on trucking. :)