LaunchBox Community Forums

Add Additional Apps to bulk roms feature

yankz23

Hi Firstly I LOVE LaunchBox! Great job! It would be nice if there was a feature to Bulk Add Additional Apps to rom collections. So my situation is this... Most emulators do not let you exit from the controller, which everyone knows, so I am using Pinnacle to address this, and it works great. My problem is after I bulk import my roms it does not have the Pinnacle app attached to it, so I have to add this separately to each individual rom. That's alot of work. So it would be great if a feature like this existed to add Additional Apps to multiple roms at once. If anything like this exists already, then please let me know but I have searched and found nothing on this. Thanks so much.

• 2 weeks later...
In case anyone ever comes across with the same need it seems I found an answer. It seems Pinnacle has some intelligence to it and can detect the executable you are running and automatically launch the game profile. With having that there is no need to touch every rom to add additional applications. Hope this helps someone besides myself.

• 7 months later...
Hi, I was wondering of this feature was ever added? i have need for it as I want NullDC cheater to launch with all dreamcast games. Also wanted to say Excellent Launcher, I paid for the premium version within 10 minutes of using it, I was that impressed with it. Does almost everything I could want from a launcher.

TroyTheZombie said Hi, I was wondering of this feature was ever added? i have need for it as I want NullDC cheater to launch with all dreamcast games. Also wanted to say Excellent Launcher, I paid for the premium version within 10 minutes of using it, I was that impressed with it. Does almost everything I could want from a launcher.
I just checked, as of the recent beta no it is not. Please keep in mind however that Jason is one developer creating and coding all of this, so sometimes it can take a while but I will remind him of this first change I get.

Oh, I am aware. Didn't mean to come off demanding or anything, It was more me wondering If I was blind and couldn't find it. I definitely appreciate the amazing work he has done of this app, hence why I bought the premium version to support him and development. It was like an oasis in a desert of horrible launchers that I tested over the years. (Cheesy yes, but accurate ;)) Thanks for reminding him.

TroyTheZombie said Oh, I am aware. Didn't mean to come off demanding or anything, It was more me wondering If I was blind and couldn't find it. I definitely appreciate the amazing work he has done of this app, hence why I bought the premium version to support him and development. It was like an oasis in a desert of horrible launchers that I tested over the years. (Cheesy yes, but accurate ;)) Thanks for reminding him.
No worries. Not demanding at all. I understood you were just curious. Just most people either don't or wont realize he is the lone coder.

Thanks @TroyTheZombie. I'll see if I can't bump this up higher on the list. For what it's worth, though, it's also been suggested to add platform additional apps, so that games for a particular platform would all start an app before or after launch. Would that be a better option?

I like the idea of a Platform Apps feature... it would probably be a good compromise to add that with some kind of "exclusions" list. That way the majority of games would open with the same additional apps, but you could tell LaunchBox which specific games have a different requirement. "Open with All Except..."

Jason Carr said Thanks @TroyTheZombie. I'll see if I can't bump this up higher on the list. For what it's worth, though, it's also been suggested to add platform additional apps, so that games for a particular platform would all start an app before or after launch. Would that be a better option?
Could be, but bulk editing for apps allows for a bit more freedom as far as specifying per game (could be useful for things like xpadder with different control setups for some games), and if someone wants to do it for all games, they could simply bulk edit the entire platform. Kriven's suggestion is definitely a good one, but really, it was what is easier to implement for you. If the "add to all except.." option were there, it would be very useful as it would allow you to specify for a platform, but allow tweeks to individual games as required. Thanks for the reply Jason, good to see a developer who interacts with the customers. Part of the reason I am so happy to support the app in any way I can.

• 1 year later...
On June 13, 2015 at 4:21 PM, Jason Carr said:

Thanks @TroyTheZombie. I'll see if I can't bump this up higher on the list. For what it's worth, though, it's also been suggested to add platform additional apps, so that games for a particular platform would all start an app before or after launch. Would that be a better option?

add platform additional apps > Was this ever added? This is what I would really like to see. I don't see it in 6.8 unless I just don't know where to look.

Edited by ckp

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
6 hours ago, mosestyle said:

Have this been implemented yet??

I can't find it anywhere.. I have like 200 games i need to use "Additional apps" with, but it's going to take waaay too long :(

In case like this I make a simple .bat file, use command line Start or Call command to run the applications I need, than have that also call the original emulator passing on the filename Launchbox sends. Add this .bat file as a new emulator and have the roms that need those additional apps set to your .bat file.

Here is a simple example: 

@echo off

call "C:\Program Files (x86)\WinIPAC V2\WinIPAC.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\WinIPAC V2\WinVICE.ipc"

call C:\Users\ARCADEPC\LaunchBox\Emulators\WinVICE\x64sc.exe %1

call "C:\Program Files (x86)\WinIPAC V2\WinIPAC.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\WinIPAC V2\Default.ipc"

exit 0

38 minutes ago, Headrush69 said:

In case like this I make a simple .bat file, use command line Start or Call command to run the applications I need, than have that also call the original emulator passing on the filename Launchbox sends. Add this .bat file as a new emulator and have the roms that need those additional apps set to your .bat file.

Here is a simple example: 

@echo off

call "C:\Program Files (x86)\WinIPAC V2\WinIPAC.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\WinIPAC V2\WinVICE.ipc"

call C:\Users\ARCADEPC\LaunchBox\Emulators\WinVICE\x64sc.exe %1

call "C:\Program Files (x86)\WinIPAC V2\WinIPAC.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\WinIPAC V2\Default.ipc"

exit 0

Does this also work if i want to do it with a controller software called Antimicro?

I'm trying to remap my controller so that i can use F1 (save state) and F3 (Load state) in EPSXe by holding Select+L3 (save state) and Select+R3 (Load state), since ePSXe doesn't allow us to do this using the controller...

I want the software (AntiMicro) to launch when i start a PSX game, and then close it, when i close the game.

I can easily do this with the "Additional Apps", but i have to go through ever game, which will take me ages :(

EDIT: I have tried many different codes in AHK, but none of them works for some reason :(

Here is some examples i used:

run, C:\LaunchBox\Emulator\ePSXe205\antimicro\antimicro.exe /m

$Esc::
{
        Run, c:\windows\system32\taskkill.exe /f /im antimicro.exe
        Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}
}

{
        Run, "C:\LaunchBox\AutoHotkey\script.ahk"
} 
{
        Run, "C:\LaunchBox\Emulator\ePSXe205\antimicro\script.ahk"
}
{
Run "C:\LaunchBox\AutoHotkey\AutoHotkey.exe" "C:\LaunchBox\AutoHotkey\script.ahk"
}

What am i doing wrong? :(

Edited by mosestyle