LaunchBox Community Forums

ExoDOS Import

Jason Carr

I'm gonna seed this like I've never seeded before :D

Thank you again eXo, for doing this amazing project. I will hopefully have everything updated in the GamesDB before too long, after which I'll go through the 3.0 release and add the new games as well.

Can't wait for that upload bonus during the 12 days, gonna send my ratio sky high! (I'm GameBlazer on PD, yeah the username is dumb but I created it a decade ago)

Great news! Hope your back gets better soon exo.

Can't download the torrent - something do with my ratio. I had thought PD didn't fuss about ratio for some reason :(

Edit: I have the following message on the PD page:

"The tracker is unable to contact your client on the IP address and port you are reporting, which means other clients cannot initiate a connection to you either".

Funny thing is, I am currently downloading from PD, and others are uploading from me also (torrent client is running on NAS which is conneted to router which is connected to modem) - though my SR (ratio) on PD shows "---".

Any help appreciated!

Edited by Dan

8 minutes ago, Dan said:

Can't download the torrent - something do with my ratio. I had thought PD didn't fuss about ratio for some reason :(

yes , im in the same boat , will have to wait till its freeleech to update from v2 to 3

if anyone has private links please pm me

Edited by harryoke

6 minutes ago, NLS said:

I don't understand what you are asking.

Could you upload the meagre.exe or exodus.exe or whatever it's been named from v3. So we can import our existing exodus v2 into launchbox. Rar or zip everything except the games folder as copyright material is forbidden on this forum and upload it.

23 minutes ago, harryoke said:

Could you upload the meagre.exe or exodus.exe or whatever it's been named from v3. So we can import our existing exodus v2 into launchbox. Rar or zip everything except the games folder as copyright material is forbidden on this forum and upload it.

No. Since eXo is a member here, if he wants to release a "thin" version without the games, is for him to do it. Sorry.

11 hours ago, eXo said:

It's uploaded. Should be public pretty quickly.

As for my health, I have had herniated discs in my back for the past 10 years or so. Generally I'm ok, I just have to be careful with heavy lifting and such. Last Thursday I was carrying my son during this Christmas Event we went to and something slipped or moved or tore, I'm not sure. What I do know is I lost all feeling in my right arm and massive pain shot through my neck and shoulder.  Injected steroids got me moving again and have allowed me to use my right arm enough to manipulated my mouse and check email. It has been bothering me that I didn't get this posted, as I'd like it to be seeded fairly well for the 12 Days of Pleasuredome event.

@eXo Hi there. Do you want me to "free" the torrent in PD?

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, harryoke said:

@eXo any chance of uploading the exe file etc , without the copyrighted material so we can import v2 into LB

It isn't that simple he has created the xml files to match everything. That has not been done for the full collection yet. It isn't an automated process.

5 hours ago, Dan said:

"The tracker is unable to contact your client on the IP address and port you are reporting, which means other clients cannot initiate a connection to you either".

Funny thing is, I am currently downloading from PD, and others are uploading from me also (torrent client is running on NAS which is conneted to router which is connected to modem) - though my SR (ratio) on PD shows "---".

Any help appreciated!

Use the PD forums to troubleshoot. Also it has already been stated that it will be part of the 12 days of PD so it will be free leech at some point soon. Also if you do it correctly (read the upgrade instructions he has provided) and already have v2 then it is only around 10gb to go from v2 to v3.

2 hours ago, 2Play said:

That will only make it free for you. Unless you are Staff over there you can't Free it for everyone.

Edited by StammesOpfer

4 minutes ago, StammesOpfer said:

It isn't that simple he has created the xml files to match everything. That has not been done for the full collection yet. It isn't an automated process.

Use the PD forums to troubleshoot. Also it has already been stated that it will be part of the 12 days of PD so it will be free leech at some point soon. Also if you do it correctly (read the upgrade instructions he has provided) and already have v2 then it is only around 10gb to go from v2 to v3.

That will only make it free for you. Unless you are Staff over there you can't Free it for everyone.

If not free for anyone the ignore my last. For me I dont need to  :-)

2 hours ago, 2Play said:

That makes it free for you. So if you want to use your free ticket, you are welcome to. But that is a decision for you to make. Each day, one year from the date you signed up at PD, you get a custom free ticket to use as you see fit.

edit: looks like you just realized this.

As a mod at PD I can make the torrent free for everyone, but with our holiday 12 days of PD coming up, I see no need to.

Edited by eXo
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Dan said:

Any help appreciated!

You need to forward your ports then. While you can technically still upload & download, your speeds will be affected and the number of people who can connect to you can be severely impacted, which makes it very difficult to seed back and maintain ratio.

4 minutes ago, eXo said:

That makes it free for you. So if you want to use your free ticket, you are welcome to. But that is a decision for you to make. Each day, one year from the date you signed up at PD, you get a custom free ticket to use as you see fit.

edit: looks like you just realized this.

As a m od at PD I can make the torrent free for everyone, but with our holiday 12 days of PD coming up, I see no need to.

i just need the update from v2 to 3 & import features ... cant wait for PD xmas freebies 

ExoDOS, thanks! BTW I don't mind replacing my existing TOTAL DOS MS-DOS import...it's a mess of games that work or have to have their setup/install.exe/bat ran first to run, or games that simply don't run, but I I like the idea of making an EXODOS Category instead and comparing titles later.....what are the drawbacks to not using the MS-DOS Category for eXoDOS, but still scraping it in LB? is there any?