LaunchBox Community Forums

ExoDOS Import

Jason Carr

17 minutes ago, donarumo said:

Thought I would ask here since people here are fairly knowledgeable.  Every torrent I download from pleasuredome stalls and the tracker shows as not working?  Torrents from other sites download and seed without issue but pleasuredome torrents all fail.  I'm using qbTorrent specifically.  I've found a couple of forum hits via google discussing similar issues but changing settings they recommend such as turning off cache don't seem to have an affect.  Anyone have something similar happen or know a fix?  It's not a big deal, I can wait until eXo uploads to other locations.

I use DELUGE and have no issues, they and others recommend qbitorrent, although I had major issues with that after awhile...kept stalling, but with deluge no issues at all anymore.

1 hour ago, nikeymikey said:

Copy the whole eXoDOS folder, the one that contains the games folder. There is only one drawback with this as far as i can tell. That is if you plan on seeding this and importing to an existing LB install you will need to copy the eXoDOS folder and not move it, as the torrent wont work unless it is in the double eXoDOS folder layout. I will just leave it where it is until all 5 vols are released and ive seeded plenty and then import it all in one go. That way i wont need to copies wasting space on my hdd. :)

Good advice, but I'd rather waste the disk space, copy it and use it as it's released, LOL...can't wait!

I was an uploader on IPT, however to maintain uploader status there I had to upload a certain amount of things every month. Inherently, my work often has months in between, so this forced me to waste time creating torrents for individual games other dumb things just to maintain uploader status. I have since let that status lapse, and now no longer have a method of uploading my data there. They have suggested I find an uploader who wants to mirror my work, but frankly, it's very time consuming to get someone up to speed, get the description right, etc all through a secondary person. If someone else uploads there, then yay for them. I'm not going to spend time begging someone to do it though.

4 hours ago, donarumo said:

Thought I would ask here since people here are fairly knowledgeable.  Every torrent I download from pleasuredome stalls and the tracker shows as not working?  Torrents from other sites download and seed without issue but pleasuredome torrents all fail.  I'm using qbTorrent specifically.  I've found a couple of forum hits via google discussing similar issues but changing settings they recommend such as turning off cache don't seem to have an affect.  Anyone have something similar happen or know a fix?  It's not a big deal, I can wait until eXo uploads to other locations.

Do you happen to be using the latest version of qBittorrent? I had all kinds of issues with any version of 4.x. I rolled back to 3.3.16 and all was good again.

39 minutes ago, Dan said:

So just to check - if we point the torrent at our existing exodos folder as per the instructions, then when we import into LB doesn’t it import the whole lot, including the old V2? 

No the XML file created is only for the v3 games. eXo is essentially manually writing the Launchbox DOS xml (this is the file usually generated during import). If you were to import eXoDOS like you normally import games it won't be pretty.

Edited by StammesOpfer

I feel folks are overthinking this.

Copying the old files over just helps you not have to re download everything from scratch. It's the difference between downloading 15gb versus 130gb.

It has nothing to do with how your games get imported. My setup file takes care of all the importing of every game in my collection.

• Like 1

My process was this:

1. Make sure I had the ExoDos/ExoDos folder layout.

2. Point the v3 torrent to that folder.

3. Download v3, I was able to join at around 92% complete. 

4. Run the setup batch file.

5. Sit and wait a while, the setup does a lot of creating etc

6. Copy ExoDos folder over to existing LB install folder.

7. Profit

1 minute ago, nikeymikey said:

My process was this:

1. Make sure I had the ExoDos/ExoDos folder layout.

2. Point the v3 torrent to that folder.

3. Download v3, I was able to join at around 92% complete. 

4. Run the setup batch file.

5. Sit and wait a while, the setup does a lot of creating etc

7. Profit

step 2 what layout is that ?

23 minutes ago, ALIE said:

Hey all i just got the exo game set.  and i remembered talk about some collaboration between @Jason Carr and @eXo now looking at the many post here. i got the impression it was done ?. so how do i go about importing and does anyone know of a good guide on learning to emulate dos/using dosbox. its all very new to me :)

I'd suggest going through this thread. You'll see my detailed posts on what to do if you already have my old collection. If you don't, then you don't need to worry about these steps. Just download the new collection and run the setup file and you are ready to go.

You also don't need to understand dosbox as I have already gotten every game in my pack running.

If you are interested in learning dosbox for your own amusement, then just Google around. There are many guides to get you started, however it can take quite a while to get good at it and learn how to smooth out certain issues.

Edited by eXo

2 hours ago, nikeymikey said:

My process was this:

Erm....do we have to copy the entire 220GB exodos folder to the LB install folder on our local machine? There’s no way I have that much free space. All my games and ROMs are stored on a NAS. Surely this step isn’t necessary? Exo? 

This is very simple, but it seems to be confusing folks. 

If you don't copy anything over, your torrent client will redownload the entire torrent from scratch. Approximately 130gb.

If you copy your old folder over, it will only download the new stuff. About 15gb or so I believe.

The step is not necessary. It is simply there to save you from having to re-download 115gb of data that you already have.