LaunchBox Community Forums

ExoDOS Import

Jason Carr

Unfortunately I don't have a change log as I don't have the 2.0 collection to compare, and due to the way I shifted adding games I couldn't simply check zip file dates like I usually do.

Judge Dredd pinball is on my missing list. I wasn't able to find a copy back in 2013 when I put the action torrent out. I haven't gotten to the action pack for this round yet, so I haven't had a chance to see if it's popped up yet.

It sounds like the other game you've mentioned isn't English? I'm pretty picky about the non English games I add. I try to only add ones that can be played without having to read.

Ah ok didn't get that about non-english games.

I suppose that given what was said on the ten previous pages, I can say that you can find Judge Dredd Pinball on the french site Abandonware-france, if I misunderstood Mr Modo, please censor my message :)

"due to the way I shifted adding games I couldn't simply check zip file dates like I usually do" 

Besides the date, did the zip CRC32 or MD5 changed even for games which have not been updated ? because I still have the full zip of 2.0 do I could easily write a python script to do a quick comparison once I get my hands on the new one, IF the names of zip haven't changed at all.

So leaving aside updated / corrected games, there is also no list of added games which weren't in 2.0 ?

Some existing games did change. I fixed some broken games, added extra feature to a few, and replaced some.

If you want to kick out a text list of all the games in your adventure 2.0 pack, I can run it against my current games list and give you the new titles.

Thanks for asking. Unfortunately it is pretty much a one man show when it comes to the actual building of each volume. Adventure and RPG Version 3 were both finished in regards to adding games and filling out metadata several months ago. All I had to do was migrate that data into LaunchBox in order to get them released.

Strategy, Simulation, & Action are a different story. I have several months of completed work on the Strategy volume, but I still have over a hundred games to add to it. Once I'm done adding games, I then have to migrate all the games data into LB. Migration takes about a week, based on my experience with the other 2 packs. The amount of time it takes me to finish adding games is variable on my work schedule. When I have slow work weeks, I get a lot more done. When I have busy weeks, I get a lot less done. There are also creeping medical issues with my back that cause me to loose a day here and there. I had a surgery on the 28th of December that has helped a bit, but I won't know how much of a difference it has made until the healing process is finished.

Simulation and Action have very little progress towards Version 3 on them so far. Each of those will take several months. So I will be releasing the last 3 volumes slowly throughout this year before I then turn my attention to the Win3x pack and make my first pass at updating it for the first time since it was originally released.

I'd love to have eXoDOS and Win3xO updated and released by the end of this year, but I'm not sure how feasible that is. I'm fairly positive I will have at least eXoDOS done by then, but the Win3x stuff takes exponentially longer. Partly due to the difficulty in tracking down the games, partly due to the expense and time it takes to purchase them (many dos games can be found on abandonware sites or giant online archives, most win3x games however were not backed up due to being on CD-ROM, which means I spend thousands of dollars on eBay buying original copies), and partly due to the difficulty in getting win3x games to run properly. 

• Thanks 2

On 12/22/2017 at 1:42 PM, angelobodetti said:

That's what I did. The XML was tricky because I had to combine them. I might have done something wrong because when I just copied the XML over it was only the new games, not the total games. Then there was a merge bat file. Needless to say it works but i don't have the original XMLs anymore.

What I do not have any clue how to do is bring all of this into my current LB install. I have an entirely different LB setup running just for ExoDos.

Excited about adding the Win3x pack to LAUNCHBOX :-)

Just after I made this post I got an email from eBay that Cyberstrip Blackjack just showed up, one of the games missing from the collection. $37 later I am now the "proud" owner of this piece of crap software. If you guys could see the piles of shitty PC games I have purchased for you.... lol

I need to have a lottery where people pay me a dollar and get a random game sent to them. If only shipping didn't cost so much.

• Thanks 1

I pay for it myself, however twice in the past people have sent some money over simply because they contacted me and asked if they could.  In both cases I was reluctant to accept, however I immediatly turned around and spent that money to acquire more games. I figured as long as I spent the money making the collections better and didn't keep any of it for myself, then that made me feel better about it.

I've never asked for funds or solicited donations of any kind. I feel it is a blurry line. I don't feel as though I should make any sort of money by packing up other people's games and distributing them.  So while I have spent thousands of dollars over the years buying original copies of games (either because it was unavailable, or I could only find rip copies, or whatever), I have simply accepted that this is the cost of building a pack of games like this. And in the long run, it is a small price to pay to make sure all of these games aren't lost to time. 

I would be opposed to any sort of official fund or paypal account or anything like that. I think that would lead people to believe I am attempting to profit from this. I'd rather just eat the cost than have people think this is some sort of money making scheme. The irony is, if anyone knew the number of hours I had put into this, they would realize how stupid the idea of this being a money making scheme is, lol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

lol, nope. They are still there. Did you get shitlisted?

edit: yep, and now you are redeeming. The system won't allow you to download something new when you are still redeeming your account. You need to get that straight before you worry about anything else.

Edited by eXo

36 minutes ago, Voljega said:

Well hmmm ok ? I must say this tracker is reaaaaaally confusing. and not working well at all.

You don't become a redeemer without having a conversation with a mod as to the exact expectations as to how to fix your account.

If you are honestly still confused after being set to redeemer, then you are dense.

Edited by eXo

It's not the first private tracker I use, far from it

I'm just saying the UI is confusing (not the ratio/shitlist/redeeming thing) : for instance, removing unfree torrents from the search while showing them in your account if you downloaded them is very confusing.

Also the upload rates are really erratic and the tracker has much more difficulties than others I've known, like retrieving your port when you're on a VPN.

And for instance I have one of your torrent and one other free one and there quite the same in terms of seeder/leechers numbers and yours never uploaded anything in three days while the other uploaded several gigas

Well maybe it's noe the right forum for talking about that ;))

Edited by Voljega