LaunchBox Community Forums

eXoDOS/Win3Xo, MEAGER export and LB 6.x

MattM1121

• 4 months later...

Things have pretty much died. It's no one in particulars fault. The project on LB's end got passed around a bit, and those invovled have had personal issues to deal with. Getting exodos imported just isn't a huch priority I don't think.

I'm still working on things from my end though, so I'm still hopeful it will happen eventually.

• Like 2

V3 is still in the works. I'm just not 100% positive on how well it will be integrated with launch box at this point. But I still have high hopes.

I've basically been told to just release v3 in it's new format, which would force most people to redownload the entire thing from scratch. I'd like to have a migration tool that gets v2 running properly and would all a V3 torrent to essentially just update the changed files and add new ones.

I don't think people will be real keen on redownloading half a terabyte of data when only about 40 gb or so is new. 

So we'll see what happens.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Where is the best place to download the ExoDos 2.0 torrent so that I could update it properly when the v3.0 torrent comes out please?

I unfortunately downloaded the website name removed copy (with 5 corrupt games) because I didn't know any better.

Edited by neil9000
Removed reference to site that houses copyrighted materials.

25 minutes ago, Flakheart said:

Where is the best place to download the ExoDos 2.0 torrent so that I could update it properly when the v3.0 torrent comes out please?

I unfortunately downloaded the website name removed copy (with 5 corrupt games) because I didn't know any better.

Unfortunately we can not tell you where to get copyrighted games, and I have edited your above post to remove reference to a site that contains copyrighted materials. Google is always your friend in these situations. :) 

Just now, Flakheart said:

Ah. apologies. I thought most of it was abandonware. Okay, when I get enough sleep, I must go looking.

Well I am assuming it has games like Doom and Star wars etc in it, and those are certainly not abandonware, we have to be very careful with this stuff as Launchbox is a business for the dev, so we cant be seen to be telling people where to get materials for free that are still under copyright. It's simply a legal issue.

4 minutes ago, Flakheart said:

There will be no more questions.

It' OK questions are fine and we can offer you help with emulators and roms, we just can't tell you where to obtain them is all. What you download yourself is no business of ours. :) If you have any questions after you source the items you are looking for then feel free to ask.