LaunchBox Community Forums

BigCouch Theme

viking

@GreenGriffon : Yes. The theme images are in the "images" theme folder. You maybe overwhite it by copying my videos? My bad. I will move this folder to avoid any false manipulation! For games view, the theme uses the original fanart of LaunchBox. If the background is white, there is no file. I'm going to put a generic background to avoid that.

@jaythompson : Thx !! =)

@adu : ahah ok ^^ ! Did you have the video bug before the fix?

@Jason Carr : That would be cool !! With pleasure ! =)

@shadowblind : No, Beta is OK. You must used BigBox v7 for this theme

@shadowblind @ALIE @nicknamex  @madpossu  : This fix v2 does not seem to work. :( Damn! I try to find other track to get around the problem and post here in the day a test fix v3. OK ?

EDIT : OK. I tested another way. I totally rewrote the grid system. Now, the video must be aligned by the grids and not by a function. Same story as previous tests. Tell me if the alignment problem is fixed! (I hope !)

PlatformWheel2FiltersView_FIX test v3.zip

Question to those who have the video alignment bug : what version of windows do you use?

Edited by viking

UPDATE v.1.4.0 :

• fix - try to fix video alignement issue with windows 10. Tell me if it's work !
  • fix - In game view, grey bakground for games without any fanart.
  • fix - minor bug and graphic issues.
  • add - new custom platform view.
  • add - new custom games view. (list style with clear logo)
  • add - readme file into theme folder.

I have no new idea to bypass the alignment bug videos ... If someone has an idea or something : giving it !! xD
Those who have the display bug, thank you to tell me here, with your version of windows and if possible a screenshot. I'm talking about this latest version online.

The update is important. With 2 new views! I will let you read the description on the download page. I also updated all the screenshot.BigCouch_view17.jpgBigCouch_view18.jpg

OK fine !! The right alignment seems to work !!!!  Good news !!!  xD

But the zoom effect, I dont see where it comes from! Do you have one of my videos to make a screenshot with?

The gray area on the left is normal. This is an image overlay (PNG) to fill the hole left by my 4:3 video set.
This theme is not design for video "Bakers style". You will not see any text !!  This view is specially designed for my video set. Sorry.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, viking said:

OK fine !! The right alignment seems to work !!!!  Good news !!!  xD

But the zoom effect, I dont see where it comes from! Do you have one of my videos to make a screenshot with?

The gray area on the left is normal. This is an image overlay (PNG) to fill the hole left by my 4:3 video set.
This theme is not design for video "Bakers style". You will not see any text !!  This view is specially designed for my video set. Sorry.

Works perfect and I was gonna use your videos anyway.  I just forgot to transfer them when updating.    But yah everything seems too line up perfectly now. 

Edited by ALIE
  • Like 1

Curious what platform logo style sets would you recommend.  I think the awesome silver ring set you made might be to close in style,  I kinda think they should break out of the themes style if that makes sense. 

Edit. i choose  Minimal Platform Logos - Black. the contrast is nice :)

20161202_190457.jpg

Edited by ALIE
  • Like 1

Try with the new version 1.4.0 and the problem persists, even with the view fix .. :( I have windows 10 .. and I'm with the beta.  I love the change of using the logos in the games, it is something that I thought to measure when I worked .. Continue with your great work! I hope at some point you find the solution to my problem. regards!

Videos are still misaligned for me too. If it helps, I noticed that Intellivision, Atari Jaguar, MS-Dos, NeoGeo, NDS, 3DS, and Amiga CD32 (and a few others) are all lined up perfectly. If those videos share some quality the others do not, perhaps that's the key? . . . just guessing :/

Edited by shadowblind
  • Like 1