LaunchBox Community Forums

8.0 feature list

neohusky

He's going to do a poll I think, right? Like before?

Some kind of parental control system, you guys. Like, hiding certain tagged games unless a password is entered.

Vote PC!

I'm starting a campaign. Consider this the Ratings Matter Party.

• Like 3

He's definitely doing a poll. Early today he started jotting things for the poll down during the live development stream.

I can imagine that the wish list and campaigning will be long.

I know it's not a priority,but, my 2 cents would be to consider an in-game pause menu and bezels. Similar to some of the functionality of rocketlauncher.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SentaiBrad said:

I'd rather see Database improvements. We have quite a lot of awesome features, making sure everything is cohesive and getting that database whipped up I feel should be top, but yea. @Jason Carr will take the top and go with that.

I am with you 100%.  The database is integral to the launchbox experience and needs to be finished so the community can fill in the gaps.  I will be voting on that with you.  

I will say that having LB/BB have a pause and bezels would be nice, but that'd be a more long term goal to me.  There is much more that needs done first.  If you really need that functionality, just use Rocketlauncher for now.

Edited by Evil_Orko
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, SentaiBrad said:

I'd rather see Database improvements. We have quite a lot of awesome features, making sure everything is cohesive and getting that database whipped up I feel should be top, but yea. @Jason Carr will take the top and go with that.

Yah Database improvements would nice, more alternative names and when scrapping LB can look at those names.  

I would also like a Star raiting in box box that syncs  with the Database. 

Also Retro achievements, Net play, friends list and such. 

Edited by ALIE
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, SentaiBrad said:

In full agreement about the DB. LB/BB is in a great place and already outweighs almost every other Front End on the market as far as features. 

• Like 3

+1 on the database stuff.

I know it’s hard for Jason to excite the average users about stuff like the database and that's why he so hesitates to work on it. But it’s still a huge part of the LaunchBox backbone which deserves more love.

Jason has mentioned that he will start the next poll after the 7.9 release, so it would be probably a great opportunity to work on the database stuff in the time gap between 7.9 release and the poll results, at least in my opinion.

• Like 4

100% on the Database, I am waiting for a flawless database before I start using launchbox.  Average Users wants a refined experience.

Concentrate on making everything just work, i.e. Better Controller Support in Big Box (i.e. PDFs, Stars, Filters), Database Refinement / Import Refinement, User Interface Refinement, etc.

16 minutes ago, krystyin said:

100% on the Database, I am waiting for a flawless database before I start using launchbox.  Average Users wants a refined experience.

Er you'll be waiting a long time then...Mobygames has been around for 18 years and is very far from flawless.

If you start using launchbox now then hopefully it will provide (more?) motivation for you to help contribute towards the database.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Belgarath said:

Er you'll be waiting a long time then...Mobygames has been around for 18 years and is very far from flawless.

If you start using launchbox now then hopefully it will provide (more?) motivation for you to help contribute towards the database.

+1

I would say database too.

Beyond that, I would like the ability to designate a platform to be run as an app. For example, launch a Jukebox/Kodi/Plex/etc app right from the top level wheel in Bigbox. This is something that can be done in Hyperspin and I really miss it.

After that, I would like to see proper support for Pinball and Scummvm and any other systems that require a lot of work for the ordinary user to get set up. 

• Like 1

Just now, Rincewind said:

I should imagine the community would still enjoy watching a live stream that shows the database being worked on , it would also help users to understand process of the database and how it is maintained

A live stream like that would also allow for more of a group discussion to gather more useful ideas as well.