LaunchBox Community Forums

How did you create the game ini by hand? if so, then ofc that will work as PCSX2 already handles per game loading, the mod is made to make that part more simplified, but also to make a central download hub for configs that are known to work, and work well for most people/

Currently the Plugin does not work, yet configs will work, as that's part of the emulator not LB.

Existing downloaded/created configs will continue to work, but you cannot download/create new ones with the plugin beyond 8.5. The right-click "Configure" option (which you use to do either of those things) does not work outside of OG Launchbox (it's greyed out), which isn't accessible beyond LB 8.5.

The new version is designed from the ground up for Next (or just "Launchbox" now). It's getting there but there's still some stuff to be sorted out. It isn't hooked up to my github repo yet so it doesn't download any configs, it only lets you create new ones currently; the plugin's control panel doesn't work yet; the matching still needs to match against the LBGDB ID rather than the library title, etc.

I can only repeat what I said before.

I am using LaunchBox 8.6 (tells me the version number whenever I fire it up). Yet when I click on configure it is not greyed out, I can create and modify cfg files who are subsequently stored per game in the PCSX2 ini folder. 

Perhaps some screenshots will help? 

12 minutes ago, Zombeaver said:

The plugin was rebuilt a while back to add/change/fix some things. Maybe the old one still works. The one currently available for download definitely doesn't.

That must be the explanation then.

Just to be sure, I updated to 8.7 beta 1 and it still works!

@Thornback Just got back from work to read this rather amusing conversation. The Much older version (from around December Last Year), possibly will still work to some degree as it uses LaunchBox's Config Path as opposed to overriding the configure event, although I would highly doubt it'd be particularly bullet-proof, and work well for creating new configs for games that never had one. Also that version is completely unsupported at this point, and not something I will be looking back at again.

5 hours ago, Thornback said:

That must be the explanation then.

Just to be sure, I updated to 8.7 beta 1 and it still works!

Yeah I'm using PCSX2 Configurator v0.981-dev. Its wonky in the menus, but I noticed if I right click a game and go to configure, it still makes a ini for the game. Guess I'll just have to use that workaround until a new version of Configurator comes out. It also seems to know every game and have settings for it.

Edited by Dynamite Jewduh

@alec100_94 It was amusing indeed! I thought you may have put the project on hold after Lordmonkus had essentially dropped the bombshell. Then Zombeaver and neil stepped up saying a new version was in the works - for a second there I thought you had been overthrown!

I was then proclaimed a magical butterfly for still having a version that works in 8.6 - I thought great, I'm special! Turns out I'm on version 0.96 yet the latest Alpha is 0.995. ?

Anyway, I'm glad the whole truth has been uncovered.

Edited by Thornback

@Thornback I only started work on it this week, I also knew it was borked long before Lordmonkus said that. I thought I actually posted something official saying that I was developing a new version somewhere, though it appears not (There's so many of these threads now I cannot keep track). There are definitely some references to it in some post's on the forums. The reason a few member's knew is because we have a private chat with me, Zombeaver, Neil, Spectral and a few others, where we have been discussing the plugin for months, with me posting test builds from time to time. It good to know the old version still works to some extent in LB.Next although it is horribly implemented, Though I guess I can't say the now broken version was much better really.

Anyway It's Official I am Developing a New version of PCSX2 Configurator from the ground up for the latest version of LaunchBox.

Don't know what version number I am going to go with yet, but this will be a new thing with a new page, and all previous threads will be closed. I am really aiming for stability above all else this time around, and hopefully know what I'm doing a little more now.

Edited by alec100_94
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

Awesome to hear a new and improved version is in the works.

@Thornback what bombshell exactly did I drop ? The only posts I have in this thread is one saying great job on the plugin and the other letting Alec know that Launchbox Next is now feature complete and replaced the old LB.

Don’t worry, mate. I was just having a laugh. Reading through the posts submitted in August, it was somewhat funny to see how alec wasn’t even fully across LB Next, only for you to proclaim “Welcome to the new world - old LB is gone!”

All in good fun though. Didn’t mean it literally. 

• Haha 1

@Lordmonkus @Thornback In some ways it was a bit like that, I was on vacation and wasn't even thinking about it at that point (in spite of knowing it had issues), and I didn't realise that LB.Next was so close to being complete. I had literally only opened it about 5 or 6 times at that point, and wasn't sure I was even completely sold on it.

Edited by alec100_94
  • Haha 1