LaunchBox Community Forums

14 hours ago, alec100_94 said:

@WuTangDan That is easily possible and can be achieved in a couple of ways. The most straight forward is perhaps just renaming your memory card to mcd02.ps2, then your memcard will be installed slot 2 for all games and you can copy over whatever save you want to slot one by using configure to open PCSX2 and then choosing to launch without a disc. You can also use an external tool called mymc, or if it's just one game just rename your memory card to that game. Hope that made sense.

Will try this tonight, thank you.

• 2 months later...

When I left click on Configure for a specific game I receive the attached error? My skills with pcsx2 are limited but I am learning. 

If I try to configure again I receive the message: An older instance of this script is already running?

if I overwrite the older script, PCSX2 opens so I can config, however if I try to retrieve a save setting from GitHub the process repeats and I cannot retrieve any settings from GitHub. By Github save setting I mean Zombeavers configs, they are a fantastic time saver and good place for me start and learn about pcsx2 settings.

I am using:

launchbox v.8.3

PCSX2 pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-2325-g40f7d6c95-windows-x86

PCSX2 Configurator v0.981

Capture.PNG

Edited by Nicodemus

@Nicodemus I think that could be because the plugin may not be in a sub-directory.

Now just a general statement about the future of this plugin, I was actively working on a new version (v0.99) about a two months ago, and had a bunch of guys from the forums helping me test it. This version is much better, and pretty much re-designed from the ground up, but I have not got around to working on it recently, and I think it still needs polishing up before I want to release it publicly. Launchbox.Next Support is on my to do list (can be found on my github) and shouldn't be that hard to implement (Although there is a good bit of work to be done there). But there are other more pressing issues with the in-development version of the plugin that will need to be addressed first (So the next release probably won't support LB.Next). This does mean I will be making no further changes to the old version and anything that is straight up broken will remain straight up broken in that version of the plugin.

I will try and get a build of the new version released soon, I was personally hoping to have it ready much sooner but work has been quite stressful recently, so I've not been spending much of my free time programming. It appears the first version of this plugin is over a year old now. A lot has changed for me in this time, as well as what my original vision of the plugin was. So I would like to say a big Thank You to anyone that has used the plugin at all at any point. 

I feel the new version should be at least as good (and hopefully a little better than) the current version, but right now there are still some issues that would cause it to act differently or not work in some scenario's and I need to work through them and test everything thoroughly before I am comfortable releasing publicly. If anyone wants to help test the in-development version, just send me a PM and let me know, but bear in mind it is buggy in places, and not really finished yet.

Edited by alec100_94
  • Like 1

It should be in a sub-directory called "PCSX2 Configurator" (Name doesn't actually matter), inside the Plugins folder. For some reason I forgot to put it in a directory for the current download of the stable version.

Edited by alec100_94

That did it! Last problem I have is the downloaded config files are not replacing the current files. Is there a way I can manualy remove all my config files for each game? then I can downloadd Zombeavers config files so I have a starting place.

@Nicodemus The configs should just download and overwrite what's there, but from the image above it looks like your PCSX2 folder is in program files which might prevent the files from writing. You have two options you can either run Launchbox as admin, which should allow the plugin to write to program files, or change the game configs directory to a directory of your choosing that is not in program files (under Tools > PCSX2 Configurator Settings).

1 minute ago, alec100_94 said:

@Nicodemus The configs should just download and overwrite what's there, but from the image above it looks like your PCSX2 folder is in program files which might prevent the files from writing. You have two options you can either run Launchbox as admin, which should allow the plugin to write to program files, or change the game configs directory to a directory of your choosing that is not in program files (under Tools > PCSX2 Configurator Settings).

I would recommend the second option, running Launchbox as admin can cause issues running emulators due to requiring elevation.

41 minutes ago, Nicodemus said:

Is there an option to FULLBOOT certain games? I know of one game I own that will not sound correct if I select fast boot, however when launching through launchbox I would like this game to launch full boot but no others.

Right click the game and choose edit, go to the emulation tab and check the box for commandline and add --fullboot as the command. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey alec, unfortunately I'm also having an issue where the "Configure" option in Launchbox is greyed out for me. After doing some digging I realized that it is only happening when I use Launchbox.next, not the original one. I have downloaded the configurator plugin, extracted it and placed it in the plugin folder. The dll's don't require unblocking on my machine (there's no message asking to unblock). I have a recent build of PCSX2 (1.5); the Configure option is greyed out, and when I hit the keyboard shortcut it says "A configuration path was not specified". Do you have any idea what I might be missing? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I got a new HDD just for my PC games and emulators I moved everything over to it but for some reason my previous configs aren't loading and when I right click a game remote settings is greyed out. Configuration just opens up PCSX2 so I have to manually configure each game. The download window doesn't popup anymore. Not using Next just normal LB.