LaunchBox Community Forums

Your List of Small Things

Lordmonkus

On 7/2/2017 at 2:38 PM, syntax_X said:

1. Allow Bigbox search keyboard to have unrestricted movement

2. Make Launchbox search reset to the top of the page on each new search

3. Give the audit system a media selection menu before auditing.

4. Stop the audit system from consolidating images into the wrong column (background images, clear logos and box - back currently count as box front.
5. Add all image folders to audit (currently box -back and a few others are missing/consolidated.)
    (if the above issue with audit are due to view priority settings then I suggest separating the two as its confusing to have image priorities control  which column(s) an image will be in the audit window.

6. Fully editable controller and keyboard functionality in BigBox.

7. Platform/LB/BB/null emulators level ahk tab

8. This is a really good idea >
"my biggest wish: i want to drag and drop pc game exe or shortcuts and roms to the platform pane that is displayed and have those imported to that platform with default emulator (for non PC games) and my preset import settings (from Lordmonkus #3) without asking or prompting me with anything. just do it. "

9. Change Launchbox scraper to allow European titles to have Le, La,Die at the start or end of a rom name

10. Add a user defined timed control lockout during the loading game screen in Bigbox to help avoid multiple selection of games.

11. Bulk Edit additional apps

12. Allow platform level additional apps

13. Allow additional apps to be executed on emulator exit/shutdown
14. Fix consolidated roms stacking their additional apps into the primary rom.

15. Fix Bigbox losing focus when exiting emulators from time to time(requires left mouse click to fix)

16. I know we are not supposed to talk about things we would like added but a crc32/sha1 based rom checker that renames roms to the Launchbox Database format would be sweet.

17. Right click on a game and have the option to play same named games from other systems

#6 is a massive one for me aka Keyboard Automation , really the only thing that i need to complete my setup as AHK scripts can be hard 

• Like 1

I don't know what small is anymore but I will list stuff that I'd like to see so I can finally finish my theme :P

-skip startup vids with confirm button or enter key.

-increase startup video time

-stretch startup video ability

-startup vid randomization

-eliminate double clicking on startup video

-fix attract mode working when bigbox is not the topmost window

- ability to map a button to be able to hide/show the panels that hold the platform information on the platform view only (similar to the way launchbox hides descriptions) (xaml only code that you can add to your current scripts to specify which panel to do this for)

-map a combination of buttons to initiate a button feature instead of just one button per feature.

-ability to backtrack in option in options menu. How? Pressing the confirm button on said option for it to stay in place so joystick users won't accidentally change another setting. pressing confirm or cancel after would allow you to move to the next option.

-image/video/sound custom theme folder support

-category priorities (being able to arrange categories in a way you want instead of alphabetically (for instance, if you want to rearrange by company and release time, you would be able to change it's position in the wheel.

-Randomize background videos

-option turn pics or vids off in the imagevideotransitionselector (xaml code only)

-option to stretch vids or pics in the imagevideotransitionselector (xaml code only)

-use mouse wheel to scroll the wheels.

-glowing highlighter with the ability to change it's color on the highlighted item of the wheel. If background colors are dark, the highlighter will be white. If background colors are light, highlighter would be whatever color you chose. (ex: shadow surrounding the box or clear logo that emphasises that you are highlighting said item on the wheel.)

-name of the game shows if you don't have a steam banner for said game instead of that large launchbox placeholder when using steam banners on the wheel

-Re-add ability to filter out games by extension so it would be easier to add PC games because all you would have to do is filter for .exe and it will pull all pc game exes forth from whereever you told launchbox to search for them at

Edited by shinra358
  • Like 1

I'd just like to add that without the removed feature of typing which extension you would like to filter in, batch uploading wii u titles to launchbox is pretty much either impossible or it will take up an entire day.

Also, launchbox doesn't even see all the rpx files. It sees only 4 out of the 20 games I have @.@

Edited by shinra358

Are you talking about during import that you can't type in a file extension? You could always use file explorer in Windows to open your root Wii U folder and then type *.rpx and it should search all of your sub-directories and list the .rpx files you could then use ctrl+a to highlight them all and then drag them onto the LB window.

• Like 1

More then anything i wouldn't love to see the ability to save Nester Filters for quick use.  Maybe hot key forquick use. taping up or something on the dpad would bring up a quick drop down menu with your favorites. 

9 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

Are you talking about during import that you can't type in a file extension? You could always use file explorer in Windows to open your root Wii U folder and then type *.rpx and it should search all of your sub-directories and list the .rpx files you could then use ctrl+a to highlight them all and then drag them onto the LB window.

indeed. launchbox should be able to do this though. which brings up another issue, rpx's arent in the database so we's also have to go and rename every single file. A fix for this though would be for launchbox to detect cemu which would then tell launchbox to look 2 folders before instead of 1 to grab the folder name.

One more thing Themes having their own Clear logo's for Playlist would be nice. I have some thems with unique sets of Logos liked Silver Ring but the Playlists still has the default. 

Edited by ALIE

Someone pointed out to me that longer startup videos (1 minute+) don't work as the minimum startup video duration can't be set higher than 30 seconds.  So, my request would be either allowing longer minimum startup video durations on Big Box startup videos, or deactivating the minimum duration setting and instead letting the video play until the end, WaitForExit, and then if Big Box is still loading, either loop the video or show a "loading" splash screen until Big Box is ready.

It would be leaving it up to the user to time how long it takes Big Box to actually start and to not use startup videos shorter than that, but it would also guarantee that longer videos are allowed to play to completion, and that the minimum duration would be exactly the length of the video by default rather than configured and adjusted whenever changing startup videos.

I don't know if other users would be interested in that change, but I think it will add some flexibility without too much work.

• Like 1

Since it came up in the stream yesterday, support for multiple video types:

- Gameplay

- Ad/Commercial

- Trailer

- Review

Maybe we can work with emumovies to start sourcing, organizing and storing the videos until the functionality is there?  Would they be interested in that?

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Saving "Alternate Name" name in a games meta date and the ability to use it to search.

While I have been throwing together my library I have noticed that there a quite a few games that are named differently depending on the region... It would be nice to be able to search for say... "SWIV" in the SNES and have the results show "Firepower 2000".

Maybe the ability to chose what name was displayed as well.

Edited by DarkMain
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, keltoigael said:

1. Hide games in BigBox that do not have art assets or game play video.

Dude...... literally just came online to post this. 

Need to have an option like, hide games with no " clear logo" or Front box art sort of option would be great.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mute64 said:

Dude...... literally just came online to post this. 

Need to have an option like, hide games with no " clear logo" or Front box art sort of option would be great.

It's honestly the only feature and I mean ONLY feature from Hyperspin that I miss.

Edited by keltoigael

I know it's not "automatically hiding" games without front box or clear logos but you can use the "Audit Tool" to quickly select and hide them. Simply go to a platform and audit it, then sort the games by what you want such as Front Box and then click and drag to select all the games without a Front Box image. Then right click and hide them.

Like I said, I know it's not exactly what is being asked but it is something in the meantime.

• Like 1