LaunchBox Community Forums

Dot Framework 4.7 Blocked (SOLVED)

Demicon66

Hey, this is my first post here. Sorry if this is under wrong topic.

I noticed with the beta release update to 7.11, Dot Framework 4.7 is required and I am sure I am not  the only one getting the block error.

Its a simple solution but not many would be able to find it easily.

The cause of the issue is that d3dcompiler_47.dll  is missing.  Probably affecting most Win 7 users like me.

Get it here:  (link removed)

Put in numbers for the captcha and download

Put it in your (system32 folder)

Then install Dot Framework 4.7

Get it here: https://download.microsoft.com/download/D/D/3/DD35CC25-6E9C-484B-A746-C5BE0C923290/NDP47-KB3186497-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe

Will install now without BLOCKED error message

These are legit sources, MS being the later

Last step: Proceed to update to the new beta/update version of LB (just in case make sure "update for beta release" is checked under options-updates - then restart LB while connected to the internet

*Note it is a myth this .dll comes with DX on Win 7, may be true for 8/10

*I posted this because to find the correct .dll file there are many malicious sites and phony downloads, and obviously the MS site is full of fake resolutions and red hearings!

P.S. Love new features and VERY excited for this beta release!

OK Peace,

Edited by neil9000
Removed link

I wouldn't recommend downloading libraries like that from non-official websites.

That library is part of DirectX, so it'd be better to install the latest from Microsoft if the package included with the Launchbox install doesn't include the library for some reason.

You can also get the library, standalone, directly from this Microsoft KB:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4019990/update-for-the-d3dcompiler-47-dll-component-on-windows

• Thanks 1

You are both wrong.

This is what solves this problem. I have checked the sources as mentioned and also cautioned against going elsewhere for the same reasoning you decided to chime in for.

I don't understand why you bothered to comment if the issue wasn't affecting you.

YOU CANNOT GET THIS in a standalone installer from MS.

I don't care you you are, what you think, or how you feel. If you had nothing to add to the issue, then you shouldn't have commented on it with out doing research or having real facts.

I don't "millennial" BS just so you know where I stand.

*I would not recommend believing every single comment posted by some troll that didn't bother to actually look into the issue.

I don't care who you are or how you feel or what you think.

So go ahead post some more troll  BS on my topic, and take away from other people trying to find a resolution for themselves.

Look I don't know you at all and no one wants any issues with anyone here but people don't talk to each other like that here and those that do find that they aren't welcome here long so if you want to belong to the community here then that's cool but if you want to be a dick I guarantee you end up getting tossed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Excuse you? I don't really care who you are and I won't bother commenting on the bulk of the drivel you decided to reply with.

It doesn't matter if you vouch for the site the library was downloaded from. Install it all day long if you want to, but there is absolutely no way you can say with certainty that it is non-malicious, so passing it along to other people as a solution is potentially putting someone else at risk if it is, in fact, malicious. Providing an official source is a better solution and if you go to the link I provided you can click the link for the Microsoft Update Catalog and download an update for their OS. If that did not work for you and you decided to go the route you did, you could mention as such (you didn't give anything specific other than "red herrings"), but providing a source that is non-official is still a bad idea. It would be up to individuals to figure that out on their own.

Have you noticed the plugins section here? Yeah, these are libraries created by users in the community to add extra features to Launchbox. However, they are not official and if you try to download one, you are prompted that it is at your own risk to do so. The reason? There is no way that it can be absolutely confirmed without thorough testing that any of these libraries won't run malicious code on someone's computer. It is very common for a virus to be masked as something harmless; happens all the time.

The d3dcompiler IS a component of DirectX. D3D is Direct 3D; one of several API in the DirectX compilation of APIs. That specific library may not be a component for versions of DirectX before DirectX 12, but it is still a DirectX component.

Edited by CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT

35 minutes ago, Demicon66 said:

You are both wrong.

This is what solves this problem. I have checked the sources as mentioned and also cautioned against going elsewhere for the same reasoning you decided to chime in for.

I don't understand why you bothered to comment if the issue wasn't affecting you.

YOU CANNOT GET THIS in a standalone installer from MS.

I don't care you you are, what you think, or how you feel. If you had nothing to add to the issue, then you shouldn't have commented on it with out doing research or having real facts.

I don't "millennial" BS just so you know where I stand.

*I would not recommend believing every single comment posted by some troll that didn't bother to actually look into the issue.

I don't care who you are or how you feel or what you think.

So go ahead post some more troll  BS on my topic, and take away from other people trying to find a resolution for themselves.

Tone your attitude down. You do not have a post history here so we don't know you from some random jerk posting links to potentially malicious .dll files.

• Like 1

To idiot number 2:

1. You don't tell me what to do

2. I am a PAYING LB supporter and I don't give a damn about your little online club that you think you run. Your replies are off topic and obviously pathetic

3. Do not threaten me with your troll BS

4. get a real life and stop hiding behind a screen