LaunchBox Community Forums

7.12-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

4 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Yeah my question here is if your bigbox takes lets say 20 seconds to load, but your video is only 15 seconds, then you will have 5 seconds of black screen at the end of the video.

ok so yes my bigbox takes about 23 seconds to start up with and without videos.  So that makes sense as far as the black screen taking up the rest of the time.  I still wonder why bigbox would still cut off videos longer than that, because it has time to completely load while a longer video plays.  Also, i can't interrupt any video with any button or keypress from anything.  They do nothing.  But all controllers and keyboard still work movement once in bigbox, they just do nothing during videos.  Maybe there could still be some settings added for this option? i dunno, its weird.  but luckily the vhs retro vid is almost exactly the amount of time to cover the normal startup time.

2 hours ago, FistyDollars said:

I'm having an issue with 7.14 where anytime I click on a game with a .webm video (the format that Launchbox downloads from Steam) Launchbox immediately crashes. Anyone else having this issue?

No issue here. I'm using WMP for the LB video player.

2 minutes ago, FistyDollars said:

Switching to WMP worked, but I can't click the video to pause playback anymore. It still shouldn't be happening with VLC though.

VLC is evil in LB/BB. Don't look back. You can right click and pause in WMP

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, FistyDollars said:

I'm having an issue with 7.14 where anytime I click on a game with a .webm video (the format that Launchbox downloads from Steam) Launchbox immediately crashes. Anyone else having this issue?

I can confirm I'm having the same problem. All other non-PC/Steam games seem to be working fine.

Edited by Mike Stewart

Just now, 7thHanyou said:

Maybe I missed something, but where's the beta download?  I'd love to try it because launchbox lags quite a bit for me and I've pretty much given up on it after trying various fixes.  Perhaps the beta will improve performance.

Do you have beta downloads turned on in tools/options/updates?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Saying that, I don't think there is a current beta we are on official 7.14 at the moment.

I should have been clearer, and I also think I misunderstood.  Launchbox works fine, it's actually Big Box that's giving me problems.  So I'm not sure if this will help with that.

Regardless, I'm happy to keep that box checked for future beta updates.

Just now, 7thHanyou said:

I should have been clearer, and I also think I misunderstood.  Launchbox works fine, it's actually Big Box that's giving me problems.  So I'm not sure if this will help with that.

Regardless, I'm happy to keep that box checked for future beta updates.

Launchbox and Bigbox are the same download so whenever you update you are updating both.

@Jason Carr One thing I just noticed in LaunchBox with the .webm videos that you get from Steam is when you click on the video to view, it crashes Launchbox with VLC enabled. It does not happen with WMP enabled but also of course WMP also cannot natively play webm videos either. This only happens in LaunchBox as webm videos work normal with no crashes in BigBox. I am not sure if this is a new issue or not as I do not normally view webm videos in Launchbox.

@Jason Carr I've been trying to perfect thsi for a while but no matter what I do, using bigbox in different resolutions, something is always not right. Especially shadows. This seems like a really quick thing to do so I hope you'll do it but I would like to ask that you code bigbox to be dpi-aware so that things will look correct on every resolution.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ee308410(v=vs.85).aspx

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/13858665/disable-dpi-awareness-for-wpf-application