LaunchBox Community Forums

7.12-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

21 hours ago, ckp said:

but thats the bug. i have 0 additional apps on the games i'm deleting. i do not use combine roms either.

edit: it's easy to try this and see.

Edit2: to make it more clear, i have say 3 games of "game x", one is us one is japan one is europe. they are not combined and show as three separate games in LB with no additional apps on any of them. i select europe and japan cuz i only want us. then i delete. it still asks me on the third question if i want to delete additonal apps, well i say sure because if there are any addiotional apps on them i want those gone too. but in the end all 3 get deleted.

Hi @ckp, I just replicated this test exactly and the third ROM file was not deleted; it behaved correctly. Perhaps there was an additional app that you didn't realize was there? I tried using your exact data for testing since I have it but I couldn't find duplicates with different regions easily so I created my own test. If you are able to replicate it again and want to send me your data for testing, I can dive into this further.

I am aware of the bin/cue issue when deleting ROMs.

20 hours ago, shinra358 said:

Using Image Source="{Binding Path=SelectedGame.ScreenshotImagePath}" to change where the background pics are read (without vids) results in black screen on game details screen but the image works on the game screen.

Is this new with the 7.12 release?

23 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Is this new with the 7.12 release?

No, it was happening before. Whatever shows in the details section for the background seems tied to backgroundview specifically. So if I use a different method to show the images, game details view shows a black screen for the background.

9 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Hi @ckp, I just replicated this test exactly and the third ROM file was not deleted; it behaved correctly. Perhaps there was an additional app that you didn't realize was there? I tried using your exact data for testing since I have it but I couldn't find duplicates with different regions easily so I created my own test. If you are able to replicate it again and want to send me your data for testing, I can dive into this further.

Nah, I did this many times and I checked for additional apps to make sure. You actually weren't using my exact data because this issue is happening on my brand new "portable" LB setup, which is totally different than the data folder I sent you. Anyway, it doesn't really matter because I just click No on the third question when deleting and all is well.

@Jason Carr I recently tried out the "None of the Above" feature by dragging a shortcut of the PC game 'Marvel vs. Capcom 3' and it imports fine, but when I try to select the game in launchbox, the program always crashes. It also does the same with other files such as music, movies, etc. when using the same feature. I've reported the error as it seems to be worthy of attention. Anyone else experience the same bug/crash?

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.5143c67f946c6ea49a53db08660840ed.jpg

Edited by bundangdon

On 10/29/2017 at 1:37 AM, bundangdon said:

@Jason Carr I recently tried out the "None of the Above" feature by dragging a shortcut of the PC game 'Marvel vs. Capcom 3' and it imports fine, but when I try to select the game in launchbox, the program always crashes. It also does the same with other files such as music, movies, etc. when using the same feature. I've reported the error as it seems to be worthy of attention. Anyone else experience the same bug/crash?

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.5143c67f946c6ea49a53db08660840ed.jpg

@bundangdon I haven't been able to replicate this yet, though I have seen it come through from a number of people. Does it still happen after restarting LaunchBox? Can you zip up and PM me your data folder so I can test?

Just put out the first 7.13 beta guys. We will be putting out a 7.13 release very soon to fix a number of errors that weren't caught before the release. However, I need to figure out how to fix @bundangdon's issue above first.

Here's the changelog:

- Improvement: More intelligent input processing in Big Box helps prevent accidentally bringing up the alphabetic indexes during regular navigation

- Improvement: ZeBobo5's Vlc.DotNet library (the library used to interface with VLC in LaunchBox only) has been updated to the latest version

- Fixed: Various errors related to saving and loading import settings

This weekend I got annoyed by accidentally bringing up the alphanumeric indexes with my arcade joystick, and so I spent some time brainstorming a solution for that. I ended up just making the triggers for bringing them up a lot less sensitive, which seems to have made a big difference there, and it doesn't seem to happen by accident anymore, so that's a big win in my book. Do let me know if anyone runs into any related issues there, however.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Jason Carr said:

This weekend I got annoyed by accidentally bringing up the alphanumeric indexes with my arcade joystick, and so I spent some time brainstorming a solution for that. I ended up just making the triggers for bringing them up a lot less sensitive, which seems to have made a big difference there, and it doesn't seem to happen by accident anymore, so that's a big win in my book.

Ooh nice, that always annoyed me as well, off to test. :) 

2 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Just put out the first 7.13 beta guys. We will be putting out a 7.13 release very soon to fix a number of errors that weren't caught before the release. However, I need to figure out how to fix @bundangdon's issue above first.

Here's the changelog:

- Improvement: More intelligent input processing in Big Box helps prevent accidentally bringing up the alphabetic indexes during regular navigation

- Improvement: ZeBobo5's Vlc.DotNet library (the library used to interface with VLC in LaunchBox only) has been updated to the latest version

- Fixed: Various errors related to saving and loading import settings

This weekend I got annoyed by accidentally bringing up the alphanumeric indexes with my arcade joystick, and so I spent some time brainstorming a solution for that. I ended up just making the triggers for bringing them up a lot less sensitive, which seems to have made a big difference there, and it doesn't seem to happen by accident anymore, so that's a big win in my book. Do let me know if anyone runs into any related issues there, however.

@Jason Carr Glad to see work on the alphanumeric indexes as that has always annoyed me as well with it coming up while using my joystick on my arcade cabinet. I would love to test out the improvement but I am in the process of changing out my buttons and joysticks at the moment on my cabinet.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

@bundangdon I haven't been able to replicate this yet, though I have seen it come through from a number of people. Does it still happen after restarting LaunchBox? Can you zip up and PM me your data folder so I can test?

@Jason Carr Thanks for the response! I just downloaded the latest beta (7.13 b1) and still having the same issue, even after restarting LaunchBox. Surprisingly, there's no issues while selecting one of these PC games through BigBox. I'll PM my data folder now

16 hours ago, shinra358 said:

What about the black background in the gamedetailsview if you use a background from another source in the gameview? Still has black background, no change.

I haven't looked into this yet, @shinra358. Can you send me a screenshot of exactly what you're referring to?

@damageinc86 I am still completely puzzled by this. I haven't heard of it happening anywhere else and I have no idea what I would do to replicate it. I'm really sorry you're having that issue though. What startup videos are giving you the problem? Have you tried multiple videos?

@bundangdon Thanks for your data; I PM'd you back because I need some more information.

Please let me know folks how testing is going in Big Box with the navigation. I'm keen to put out the 7.13 release on Halloween, because candy.

Lots of BB crashing on my work PC (win 10 1703, 32GB ram, i7).

(Inner Exception)

The Application object is being shut down.

App:     Big Box
Version: 7.12
Type:    System.InvalidOperationException
Site:    System.IO.Packaging.Package GetResourcePackage(System.Uri)
Source:  PresentationFramework

at System.Windows.Application.GetResourcePackage(Uri packageUri)
   at System.Windows.Application.GetResourceOrContentPart(Uri uri)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Object component, Uri resourceLocator)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.Views.MarqueeView.InitializeComponent()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.Views.MarqueeView..ctor()

(Outer Exception)

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

App:     Big Box
Version: 7.12
Type:    System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
Site:    System.Object CreateInstance(System.RuntimeType, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean ByRef, System.RuntimeMethodHandleInternal ByRef, Boolean ByRef)
Source:  mscorlib

at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type)
   at Caliburn.Micro.BootstrapperBase.GetAllInstances(Type service)
   at (Type )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.Bootstrapper.GetOrCreateViewType(Type viewType)
   at Caliburn.Micro.ViewLocator.<>c.<.cctor>b__10_8(Object model, DependencyObject displayLocation, Object context)
   at Caliburn.Micro.WindowManager.CreateWindow(Object rootModel, Boolean isDialog, Object context, IDictionary`2 settings)
   at Caliburn.Micro.WindowManager.ShowWindow(Object rootModel, Object context, IDictionary`2 settings)
   at (Bootstrapper , Object , StartupEventArgs )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.BigBox.Bootstrapper.OnStartup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Application.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Recent Log:

12:57:22 PM Music.Pause Start
   12:57:22 PM Music.Resume Start
   12:57:28 PM Music.Initialize Start
   12:57:28 PM Music.Kill Start
   12:57:28 PM Music.Kill Finished
   1:16:18 PM Exception

Edited by ckp