LaunchBox Community Forums

CoverBox

faeran

14 minutes ago, GiuseppeIII said:

@faeran Have been getting a weird error while using your themes. Whenever I open a console that is using one of your themes or open a game within the console, the following warning pops up

1060528931_Screenshot(202).thumb.png.abf1b9670ace8bece524299d838417ad.pngAlso as can be seen in the picture there is a slight error with the scan lines in some of the sega theme (as well as other themes that use scanlines such as the n64 theme) where they don't go over the entire video. I am using a 1440x2560 monitor which might be causing the second issue? All help on either of these problems is greatly appreciated!

Hi @GiuseppeIII. The error seems to be caused by needing to unblock the plugin in each theme that is located in the Coverbox\Plugin folder. You can right click the plugin files, go into properties, and find the unblock option.

You pretty much figured out the scanline issue. You can try to use the following picture instead. Just overwrite the scanline image with this one. Let me know if it looks okay. The path should be something like Themes\Coverbox\Images\Theme\

scanlines.thumb.png.97397a1c3bdcc5e1170c0f475883a61d.png
I also see that the game list is larger because of the resolution change as well. You can fix this by opening the following file in a text editor and changing the font size: Coverbox\Views\TextListView.xaml

Find this line, and change the FontSize to something smaller, to suit your resolution:

<lbsc:GameList Name="Items" FontSize="32">

You'll need to do this for every Coverbox theme you would like to use.

39 minutes ago, faeran said:

Hi @GiuseppeIII. The error seems to be caused by needing to unblock the plugin in each theme that is located in the Coverbox\Plugin folder. You can right click the plugin files, go into properties, and find the unblock option.

You pretty much figured out the scanline issue. You can try to use the following picture instead. Just overwrite the scanline image with this one. Let me know if it looks okay. The path should be something like Themes\Coverbox\Images\Theme\

scanlines.thumb.png.97397a1c3bdcc5e1170c0f475883a61d.png
I also see that the game list is larger because of the resolution change as well. You can fix this by opening the following file in a text editor and changing the font size: Coverbox\Views\TextListView.xaml

Find this line, and change the FontSize to something smaller, to suit your resolution:

<lbsc:GameList Name="Items" FontSize="32">

You'll need to do this for every Coverbox theme you would like to use.

Will do. Thanks for the quick response!

@faeranScan-lines look good after overwriting. Can't find where to unblock the plugins. I am using windows 10 if that is any help.

Edit: I was able to batch unblock the files via cmd which seemed to work! Unblocking the files also fixed the font-size as after unblocking the logo disappears and the game-list is able to populate the entire column, allowing for more games. I also wanted to note that the wii, wii-U, and wiiware themes all work well on my non 1080p or 4k monitor. (the monitor is still 16:9)

Edited by GiuseppeIII
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Greeting

Faeran  thanks for your awesome work in the themes they are really outstanding. thanks a lot for you time and effort for you and every one making that cover them expand more 

* i faced issue with .dll in general if i unzip the themes  dll appears normal "not blocked" but the theme will not looks how it should be at all. i solve it by open the zip"dont unizp it" then copy the theme  to them folder then all search .dll will appears as blocked  then unblock them hope tips helps someone

• Like 1

@faeran thank you so much for these - I really love them! I'm having an issue with the updated Wii themes - the game title bubbles aren't appearing for me anymore (I double checked the .dll files were unblocked and reinstalled the font jic). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 

Wii.PNG

Wii 1.1.PNG

31 minutes ago, efiye said:

@faeran thank you so much for these - I really love them! I'm having an issue with the updated Wii themes - the game title bubbles aren't appearing for me anymore (I double checked the .dll files were unblocked and reinstalled the font jic). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 

Wii.PNG

Wii 1.1.PNG

Hi @efiye. Are you using a beta build? There may be issues with them as the theming system is getting adjusted.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, arcan3kn1ght said:

After the most recent launchbox update the Wii and Wii U themes' games list lose the buttons and it is replaced by the generic games list. Also, any plans on making a psp theme?

Yes, I don't think those 2 themes converted the styles properly.

Currently, I'm working on combining all the themes into one, but it's a lot of manual changes to each theme, so it's going to take some time. Once complete, it should fix any issue any individual theme would have had with the update.

PSP is definitely an option for the future.

• Like 1
  • Unusual Gem 1

42 minutes ago, MetalRaven said:

hello,

how do i apply a theme to just one platform and not the rest of the platforms? 

When i make changes to a platform based on the system label, it keeps that theme and applies it to the rest.

thanks.

go into a platform, and press J on the keyboard, and select the Coverbox theme for the platform, until @faeran combines the themes into one, that is the way to do it right now.

i hope that this helps you out

2 minutes ago, MetalRaven said:

Thanks for letting me know. I thought i was doing something wrong. I was under the impression that 9.4 had enabled this feature already. Maybe i got it wrong. Thanks again.  

No, the developers have to manually convert their themes.

Looking forward to trying out the combined theme.  Curious, how will you handle the platforms that you have multiple options for (for example, game gear, PSX, PS2, Saturn, etc.)?  Just pick the one that seems to be the most popular or go with the original version of each?

Edited by CDBlue

1 hour ago, CDBlue said:

Looking forward to trying out the combined theme.  Curious, how will you handle the platforms that you have multiple options for (for example, game gear, PSX, PS2, Saturn, etc.)?  Just pick the one that seems to be the most popular or go with the original version of each?

Happy to say that I have just finished coding CoverBox 2.0. Had to make some tough choices of which options got into the base theme, but I ended up using the ones that the game details page work with, and which ones I was enjoying using. I'm thinking of adding the others as alternate views, but that will delay the release of the theme a bit.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, faeran said:

Happy to say that I have just finished coding CoverBox 2.0. Had to make some tough choices of which options got into the base theme, but I ended up using the ones that the game details page work with, and which ones I was enjoying using. I'm thinking of adding the others as alternate views, but that will delay the release of the theme a bit.

I have to say this theme is one of my favorite themes in BigBox and I can't wait for the combined CoverBox 2.0! 

Just a suggestion, are you considering combining the platform-specific images of Retrotastic theme and the game-specific cover box of Coverbox theme into one theme? What do you think faeran with the LB 9.4+ I believe we can finally have system specific views so the Retrotastic and CoverBox merger would be really cool in action 

1 hour ago, SNAK3ATER said:

I have to say this theme is one of my favorite themes in BigBox and I can't wait for the combined CoverBox 2.0! 

Just a suggestion, are you considering combining the platform-specific images of Retrotastic theme and the game-specific cover box of Coverbox theme into one theme? What do you think faeran with the LB 9.4+ I believe we can finally have system specific views so the Retrotastic and CoverBox merger would be really cool in action 

That's a cool idea. Unfortunately, that's not the direction I went with for 2.0

CoverBox 2.0 is here! Every theme has now been merged into 1, therefore this version only works in LaunchBox 9.4 and above.

• Combined every theme into 1 CoverBox theme. Install once and have access to them all!
  • Theme now uses the newly integrated horizontal text scrolling control and find string converter. 
  • New Arcade view has been added to the theme.
  • Added a main Platform and Text Games View based on GCFE.
  • Every font has been integrated into the Theme. No more need to install them separately.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1