LaunchBox Community Forums

CoverBox

faeran

1 hour ago, FoxyMonty said:

@faeran I have an issue on game boy platform with “é” not appearing in the game-list. E.g. pokémon 

Hi @FoxyMonty. You're right. The font used didn't seem to contain that character at all. The problem should be fixed now. I had to manually add that character to the font using a font maker program, but it should be there now. The theme has been updated to version 2.0.2 with the fix.

Please re-download the theme and let me know if there are any issues.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have uploaded CoverBox to version 2.0.3 with some code fixes for the default text games view.

Spoiler

March 6, 2019

• Found a number of errors in the code of the default games view. They have now been fixed and this view should function as intended.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, llsique said:

Hello.

Is there a version of the theme for 4:3 screens?

Hi @llsique.Unfortunately, no. This type of theme would have to be completely re-imagined for it to work on 4:3 screens.

14 minutes ago, TheNewClassics said:

Awesome theme faeran, thanks for all the hard work. Quick question; any consideration in the future for adding newer systems, like PS3, Xbox 360, 3DS, or original Xbox?

Hi @TheNewClassics. Might take a while, as I'm currently working on other themes. But, I will always come back to CoverBox and add systems to it, so definitely expect future additions.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@faeran I have read through the entire thread to make sure I didn't miss anything but for me at least it seems like the Pokemon E situation you fixed for GameBoy also effects GameBoyAdvance and still seems to be an issue. I have checked all other consoles with Pokemon games and they seem to all be fine except GBA. Thanks for all your hard work :)

4 hours ago, theVoidKing said:

@faeran I have read through the entire thread to make sure I didn't miss anything but for me at least it seems like the Pokemon E situation you fixed for GameBoy also effects GameBoyAdvance and still seems to be an issue. I have checked all other consoles with Pokemon games and they seem to all be fine except GBA. Thanks for all your hard work :)

Hi @theVoidKing. Thanks for letting me know. I have fixed this for the next update, which should be this weekend.

You rock! I am just really learning LB and BB; one of the things I was wondering about the theme is is it possible to shrink or remove the game logos at the top of the screen? With the video playing from EMUmovies in the background it is usually covering the same logo present in the video. Thanks again for the quick response. 

13 hours ago, theVoidKing said:

You rock! I am just really learning LB and BB; one of the things I was wondering about the theme is is it possible to shrink or remove the game logos at the top of the screen? With the video playing from EMUmovies in the background it is usually covering the same logo present in the video. Thanks again for the quick response. 

You would need to delve into the XAML files and remove the code for the clear logo for the systems that you want.

CoverBox 2.2 has been released and is available on the forums in the download section.

April 27, 2019

• Added Atari 5200 (Thanks to @thatpurplestuff for designing and putting this theme together)
  • Added Atari 7800 (Thanks to @thatpurplestuff for designing and putting this theme together)
  • Fixed: Game Boy Advance font now includes the letter é (thanks @theVoidKing)
  • Change: Game Boy Advance splash screen colour changed

1.thumb.PNG.412cc574db9eb421c52256d73570f368.PNG1.thumb.PNG.6770d84356a2f120d842d0c1c903c09e.PNG

Edited by faeran
  • Like 2

CoverBox has been updated to version 2.3

April 28, 2019

• Fixed: Game Boy Color font now includes the letter é
  • Change: Most logos that appear on top of video snaps now fade after 8 seconds
  • Change: various splash pages have been colorized
  • Like 2

I love this theme, but is there any way to select an option that does not apply the CRT look to screenshots and video?

Edit: I can just remove the scanlines.png from the theme, but it would be great to have a view option for this in case of updates.

Edited by GiantDuck

2 hours ago, GiantDuck said:

I love this theme, but is there any way to select an option that does not apply the CRT look to screenshots and video?

Edit: I can just remove the scanlines.png from the theme, but it would be great to have a view option for this in case of updates.

Unfortunately, the simplest way is to delete the scanline.png as you figured out. There's no option based way to disable scanlines. Themes/skins just don't have that capability.