LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox.Next Now Available

Jason Carr

Just tried this tonight. I absolutely love the look and how snappy it is (assuming once the functions are added it would stay that way).
My main usage is BigBox, but during maintenance I use LaunchBox. This is a very unexpected surprise!

Great work! Looking forward to this.

6 hours ago, johnnyskullhead said:

Cant get that theme to work sorry for being an idiot

If you mean LaunchBox.Next, just press the button that says "LaunchBox.Next" on the LaunchBox UI. It's located at the top right of the window besides the "BigBox" launch button.

Thanks guys. Thought I'd give y'all an update after development today, even though there's no new beta out yet. I've been working on implementing all of the right-click menu functionality, which is more extensive than you'd think lol. So the focus for the next beta will be adding in all of the right-click menu options (and making the buttons at the bottom all work), so that should at least make it functional as a daily driver. Look for a new beta either tomorrow or Wednesday. :)

• Like 9

23 hours ago, Lordmonkus said:

It's a small step back and delaying some development but will make future features easier and take less time to implement.

I'm sure it will bring a lot of benefits, especially for those with weaker systems. LB and BB have never been slow for me, so I'm always confused by all of the posts about massive speed improvements. Granted my collection is relatively small, but all of my games have complete artwork (Box, Clear Logo, Disc/Cart, and video preview), which I would imagine should add some strain to LB, but everything has always been extremely fast for me.

Edited by Omen

On 3/15/2018 at 5:57 PM, Jason Carr said:

The new interface will help significantly in implementing a number of items on the poll (it's much more convenient to develop for)

This is the one line in Jasons original post that really stood out to me when I read it, everything else beyond this such as performance and looks are completely secondary and just a bonus.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

This is the one line in Jasons original post that really stood out to me when I read it, everything else beyond this such as performance and looks are completely secondary and just a bonus.

I must have missed that line, that makes it all worthwhile then. Speed increases and looks are secondary for me as well. I'm eagerly awaiting many of the items from the poll, especially the pause screen, I think it will be a game changer for frontends.

6 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

New beta is out guys. We now have a new right-click menu, some minor updated styles, and various fixes. It should now at least work for a daily driver even though there are still quite a few missing features (most prominently for the moment a missing main menu).

Not sure if this is in but didn't see it in the first beta. Butte hopefully the ability to zoom out showing more games at once will be in this new LB. 

3 minutes ago, ALIE said:

Not sure if this is in but didn't see it in the first beta. Butte hopefully the ability to zoom out showing more games at once will be in this new LB. 

Not what you are looking for I know, but I already tricked it into showing my 3D boxes, which it wont off the bat. ;)