LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox.Next Now Available

Jason Carr

20 hours ago, peerluk said:

Is there a problem with LEDBlinky? Since I went from the latest stable to the latest beta. LEDBlinky seems to be partially broken.

Not that I am aware of, though I haven't tested it with the latest beta. I would expect someone else would have mentioned it by now though. What is happening exactly?

47 minutes ago, FlightRisk said:

Can the Bigbox themes work with LB.Next?

LB.Next won't use the *same* themes, but it does have the same theming engine. That means that eventually we'll probably open up LB.Next to themes. However, new themes will need to be developed using similar methods.

34 minutes ago, FlightRisk said:

Does that mean that LB.Next will replace LB, but BB will always be a separate product? Does BB integrate with LB.Next now?

Big Box will always be a separate product. Of course they do integrate, but they will integrate the same way that Big Box currently does with the current version of LaunchBox.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, ALIE said:

Curious when Launchbox Next becomes the standard over Launchbox.  Does Next become Launchbox out next in the title? 

Yes. We'll drop the .Next once the current version of LaunchBox is fully replaced. It's just to help make it easier to refer to it in the mean time.

• Like 1

Alright so it's not Launchbox itself. It was the new Theme Unified. I had to change the Platform to Arcade Classics and LEDBlinky didn't like that apparently. I modified the theme itself and we're back to normal.

So no problems with LEDBlinky, forget it.

• Like 1

I already like the next Launchbox. I just hope you will have time to implement:

-An "arrange by" option as is already present in the old LB. I like to sort my games by last played
-I'd appreciate a CTRL-F search function. And I believe it would be nice to just type in a name (without CTRL-F) to start a search
-I'd love a middle-mouse scroll option, it would be so damn handy
-Box art is a little small on my screen. I assume you plan on making the interface customizable again with changeable spacing, icon size, etc?

1 minute ago, d3vilsadvocate said:

-An "arrange by" option as is already present in the old LB. I like to sort my games by last played
-I'd appreciate a CTRL-F search function. And I believe it would be nice to just type in a name (without CTRL-F) to start a search
-Box art is a little small on my screen. I assume you plan on making the interface customizable again with changeable spacing, icon size, etc?

I believe most of that is planned, Launchbox next is still in beta, but once finished should have all the same features and options as the original.

3 hours ago, d3vilsadvocate said:

Every single feature that is currently in LaunchBox will be in LaunchBox.Next. Good points on Ctrl-F and middle mouse scroll. Hopefully we can tackle those after we get the standard features in.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, JOHN30011887 said:

i cant wait for box art resize, some of the black boxes currently show different lengths and thats whats stopping me from fully using it, once thats added in ill be using the new version

Great work so far though :D

Same here, It's just too big, I use a projector in our room and my 1080p display has to have a 150% scale, with LB Next the box arts are just too big to have it usable.