LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroHumanoid Cinematics & Refried Theme

@Jason Carr So I added the plugin to the folder...unblocked it...added the xmlns line to the usercontrols... and changed my code to this..I added line numbers for reference...

<!-- BACKGROUND -->

Line 80:            <PathSelector:PrioritizedPathSelector x:Name="BackgroundFileName" FolderPath="Themes\Unified Refried\Images\Theme\Background" FileExtension=".jpg"
Line 81:                    Priority1FileName="{Binding FilterTitle}"
Line 82:                    Priority2FileName="{Binding KnownPlatformOrPlaylistTitle}" />
Line 83:            <Image x:Name="BackgroundImage" Grid.ColumnSpan="7" Grid.RowSpan="8" Source="{Binding PrioritizedFilePath, ElementName=BackgroundFileName, FallbackValue='pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/Unified                     Refried/Images/Theme/Background/_Default.jpg'}" Opacity="100" Panel.ZIndex="0" Stretch="Fill" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality" />

I now get this error message...

Error.thumb.png.e1960ad60013b718c9ae8588c62d9c76.png

@RetroHumanoid Can you send me the XAML files? That error suggests there's just a syntax error in the XAML somewhere. Even though it references line 80, there doesn't appear to be even 153 characters in that line, so I don't think the line and position are accurate, but the quotes issue should be correct. Maybe there's a syntax error before that line?

@Jason Carr Ok....

So there actually was exactly 153 characters in the line,and the line ended just after the final " in the code...which is why I was confused by the error,because to me ,the whole thing looked ok..

I found out the problem though. When I CTRL-C copied the code you posted,something weird happened.It wasn't actually visible until I manually pressed the right arrow key through each letter to count them. It placed an invisible spacer in the middle of some words...6 of them to be exact. I had to delete these,but,when I did,it looked as if I was deleting nothing because the cursor didn't move at all...but,it deleted them. I am guessing,since you are pro at coding,you know some term for this strange phenomena,but,I have no idea what happened.

Long story short,after heavy testing,I can say everything is peachy now,with no errors. I reverted all my playlist Auto Generate settings back to default,and it looks good to go. Thanks for fixing the issue !

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RetroHumanoid said:

@Jason Carr Ok....

So there actually was exactly 153 characters in the line,and the line ended just after the final " in the code...which is why I was confused by the error,because to me ,the whole thing looked ok..

I found out the problem though. When I CTRL-C copied the code you posted,something weird happened.It wasn't actually visible until I manually pressed the right arrow key through each letter to count them. It placed an invisible spacer in the middle of some words...6 of them to be exact. I had to delete these,but,when I did,it looked as if I was deleting nothing because the cursor didn't move at all...but,it deleted them. I am guessing,since you are pro at coding,you know some term for this strange phenomena,but,I have no idea what happened.

Long story short,after heavy testing,I can say everything is peachy now,with no errors. I reverted all my playlist Auto Generate settings back to default,and it looks good to go. Thanks for fixing the issue !

Awesome! Those ghost characters can be an absolute nightmare. I guess the forums must add some garbage to the code; sorry for that. Great to hear that everything is working well now. :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, angelobodetti said:

That’s awesome guys. Great to see the developer and content creator working together. 

And this is one of the reasons i recently converted to a lifetime license and cant recommend launchbox and big box enough to people. Thank you @Jason Carr for being so active and engaged with your users.  and thank you to @RetroHumanoid for the awesome content you produce and at such a fast pace.  you are the the Jimmy Johns of media.  Media so fast (and good) you'll freak. 

• Like 2

Theme has been updated...here is some large obnoxious text that I use to avoid questions...

*******1.6.2 Changes

Added the new plugin as well as new properties,that fix the previous issues with Arcade Playlists displaying the proper artwork when either user created,or nested. The update has been applied to the Default theme,as well as the Arcade theme. The Consoles,Handhelds,Pinball,etc. did not require any changes,and have not received an update. The current versions,with the fixes,are labeled v1.6.2

If you receive an error,please make sure you have unblocked the DLL file in the plugin folder of the theme.

This does Require Launchbox/Big Box Version 9.1 or higher to work

If you are experiencing issues with The playlist functions,please make sure you are using version 1.6 of this theme or above,as well as version 9.1 of Launchbox.

• Like 1

updated to 1.62 on refried and arcade. Default them set to Refried, Platform category view/arcade platform.  Should the arcade playlists have the custom video border?  the only view that has it is the text gamelist and it uses the default Arcade border.  example: viewing as Arcade/Fighting. views 1-2 are plain black square.  view 3 is full screen like normal.  view 4 is text list with Arcade video border.

additional info:

i did try to copy over the video borders from the arcade add on Video Border folder.  they do show

Edited by ed20910

19 minutes ago, ed20910 said:

updated to 1.62 on refried and arcade. Default them set to Refried, Platform category view/arcade platform.  Should the arcade playlists have the custom video border?  the only view that has it is the text gamelist and it uses the default Arcade border.  example: viewing as Arcade/Fighting. views 1-2 are plain black square.  view 3 is full screen like normal.  view 4 is text list with Arcade video border.

I am not experiencing the same issue at all...Is there any way you can send me your data folder ,so I can get a better idea of how your setup is,and maybe figure out why it works for me but not you.

25 minutes ago, ed20910 said:

additional info:

i did try to copy over the video borders from the arcade add on Video Border folder.  they do show

Are you using LaunchBox version 9.1?

3 minutes ago, angelobodetti said:

@Jason Carr is there a way to specify or limit the genres for the auto playlists? I did my arcade and it created 166 playlists - as you can imagine thats a bear and theres no way i have media for all of those.

For arcade, it's much recommended to use Tools > Create Missing MAME/Arcade playlists instead. Those genre playlists are much better suited for arcade.

1 hour ago, ed20910 said:

@Jason Carr yep.  @RetroHumanoid, data folder is on its way. 

Ok...so I made a boo-boo apparently...in my rush to make sure the new plugin was working perfectly,I forgot that I removed those art files from the release version...and I meant to put them back in before I updated,but,it slipped my mind. That is why copying the addons files over worked. I apologize,and I will upload a version with the borders and backgrounds intact.

19 minutes ago, RetroHumanoid said:

Ok...so I made a boo-boo apparently...in my rush to make sure the new plugin was working perfectly,I forgot that I removed those art files from the release version...and I meant to put them back in before I updated,but,it slipped my mind. That is why copying the addons files over worked. I apologize,and I will upload a version with the borders and backgrounds intact.

Lol. Good to know. Wouldn't surprise me if it was on my end.