LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroHumanoid Cinematics & Refried Theme

9 hours ago, RetroHumanoid said:

Thanks, these look great but where do they go? I created playlists for all my consoles but they are no where to be found in the launchbox folder structure. Launchbox only creates a folder if within launchbox I select each category/genre and click edit. Do i have to do that for every singe one?

Edited by Styphelus

1 hour ago, Styphelus said:

Thanks, these look great but where do they go? I created playlists for all my consoles but they are no where to be found in the launchbox folder structure. Launchbox only creates a folder if within launchbox I select each category/genre and click edit. Do i have to do that for every singe one?

"Launchbox/Images/Playlists"

"Launchbox/Images/Platform Categories"

I already created the folder structure in the download...just drop the Images folder in your Launchbox install folder,and merge it with your current Images folder,overwriting all the current ones that are there (All Games,Single Player,etc.)

Edited by RetroHumanoid

48 minutes ago, RetroHumanoid said:

Make sure you are using the Wii-U addon from "Unified Refried - Consoles - v1.6.1" and you are in Wheel3GamesView for spinning discs

Sorry, now I'm confused.

I'm indeed on Consoles 1.6.1, however I'm using View #2 with the wheel fade for all of my consoles.

The disc-based systems all show spinning discs in View #2 (thankfully the cart systems don't spin). For some reason Nintendo Wii-U game discs do not spin.

This is a bug, or intentional?

4 hours ago, GreenGriffon said:

Sorry, now I'm confused.

I'm indeed on Consoles 1.6.1, however I'm using View #2 with the wheel fade for all of my consoles.

The disc-based systems all show spinning discs in View #2 (thankfully the cart systems don't spin). For some reason Nintendo Wii-U game discs do not spin.

This is a bug, or intentional?

Sorry...got some sleep then thought about it

overwrite this one in the views folder of the wii-u addon

Wheel2GamesView.xaml

• Like 1

*******1.6.4 Changes

Added a special Christmas Edition of the Default main menu theme for a limited time (will be removed January 1st)

1.Backup your views folder from the "Unified Refried" default theme

2.Unzip the theme and drop both folders into your themes folder,overwriting the necessary files when prompted

3.When you are ready to uninstall the theme,it's as easy as replacing 3 view files from your backed up default views.(A readme.txt file is included with instructions)

1336131507_ChristmasTheme.thumb.png.1a059958948eb7f9969a088a2b2bca69.png

• Like 5

Got a new theme for Refried...but,it will not be uploaded to the Theme posting with the others...there is only one way to receive this theme...

Go to my youtube channel...subscribe or be subscribed,and comment and hit like on any video of your choice...then DM me here with your comment,and I will send you the theme...old comments,while appreciated,don't count...it must be a new one:)

Really simple...

1728201096_BlackBox.thumb.png.27d5a31da55b12dca6992bacd2897b1f.png1084336595_BlackBox2.thumb.png.65703b853b140e32d79f526430a07405.png

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeP60Vc-kRYCiJ1y2PvxryA

Edited by RetroHumanoid
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice theme and I love the Christmas one. had a good laugh. I subscribed to your youtube channel a long long time ago. 

Do you use your genre videos with the console playlists? I'm assuming there's no way to have Lunchbox play the video for each genre automatically right? I have to set each one of them manually. Same goes for the genre views. It always defaults to the main system view in each genre category. I have to go through each genre category for each system and assign the theme and view I want. Guess it's a small price to pay to get everything looking good.

7 minutes ago, Styphelus said:

Do you use your genre videos with the console playlists? .

I do not...but,only because I have big plans for that...

8 minutes ago, Styphelus said:

I'm assuming there's no way to have Lunchbox play the video for each genre automatically right?

That's correct

9 minutes ago, Styphelus said:

Same goes for the genre views.

Also Correct

10 minutes ago, Styphelus said:

Nice theme and I love the Christmas one. had a good laugh. I subscribed to your youtube channel a long long time ago. 

Thank You and Thank You! :)

On 11/24/2018 at 5:34 AM, bundangdon said:

refried new idea.jpgUpdate: Okay, I figured out the video part and that's now taken care of :) However I'm still having trouble with the box artwork (location, size)

This question slipped by me,and I just happened to be perusing the forum to see it...but,if you still want to know,there are 2 ways you can do it...one way is to rewrite the entire grid to incorporate the dimensions of the box art you want,while still keeping the integrity of the rest of the theme (The hard way,but more accurate)...the other way is to use the grid space provided,but nudge it around with margins. I cannot help with grid changes,as it's like writing a whole new theme...but,for using margins you just look for the area in red and fiddle with the numbers...after a while you will understand what it is doing,but,basically the grid locks it down in a precisely measured frame,and the margin tells it how much you want to stretch that object inside,or outside that frame,and in which direction

<!-- 3D BOX -->
            <Image x:Name="CoverImage" Grid.Column="2" Grid.ColumnSpan="2" Grid.Row="1" Grid.RowSpan="4" Source="{Binding Path=ActiveGame.Box3DImagePath}" Opacity="100" Panel.ZIndex="11"
Margin="25,-30,25,30" Stretch="Uniform" VerticalAlignment="Top" HorizontalAlignment="Right" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality" >
                <Image.RenderTransform>
                    <TransformGroup>
                        <ScaleTransform/>
                        <SkewTransform/>
                        <RotateTransform/>
                        <TranslateTransform Y="-4320"/>
                    </TransformGroup>
                </Image.RenderTransform>
            </Image>

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RetroHumanoid said:

This question slipped by me,and I just happened to be perusing the forum to see it...but,if you still want to know,there are 2 ways you can do it...one way is to rewrite the entire grid to incorporate the dimensions of the box art you want,while still keeping the integrity of the rest of the theme (The hard way,but more accurate)...the other way is to use the grid space provided,but nudge it around with margins. I cannot help with grid changes,as it's like writing a whole new theme...but,for using margins you just look for the area in red and fiddle with the numbers...after a while you will understand what it is doing,but,basically the grid locks it down in a precisely measured frame,and the margin tells it how much you want to stretch that object inside,or outside that frame,and in which direction

<!-- 3D BOX -->
            <Image x:Name="CoverImage" Grid.Column="2" Grid.ColumnSpan="2" Grid.Row="1" Grid.RowSpan="4" Source="{Binding Path=ActiveGame.Box3DImagePath}" Opacity="100" Panel.ZIndex="11"
Margin="25,-30,25,30" Stretch="Uniform" VerticalAlignment="Top" HorizontalAlignment="Right" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality" >
                <Image.RenderTransform>
                    <TransformGroup>
                        <ScaleTransform/>
                        <SkewTransform/>
                        <RotateTransform/>
                        <TranslateTransform Y="-4320"/>
                    </TransformGroup>
                </Image.RenderTransform>
            </Image>

No worries! I can see that you're rather busy here, haha. Anyways, I figured out how to change the box location and dimensions with the "Margin" part in the XAML code, as you also pointed out. The only issue that I have now is that the box size and position changes depending on the original 3D boxart size. As you can see below, the Sega Genesis box is too small but this is not the case with some other systems like SNES, Dreamcast, etc. which are more basic square shape (cd case) or wide box (SNES, Nintendo 64). Seems like an obvious answer, but I gather that I'll have to make different (individual) themes with different "Margin" values for each system?

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.15d4d5e4f13aa514bb7c7954dfa2b86a.jpg

On 12/4/2018 at 6:34 AM, RetroHumanoid said:

,you know some term for this strange phenomena,but,I have

That's correct. The Retrified theme works because it uses a different theme for each system. I came across the same issue. The size and margin values from one system did not work on another with a different box size.