LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox.Next Missing Features Thread

Jason Carr

A couple of pages back in this thread it was mentioned that you were still trying to figure out a spot to put a button to switch to bigbox mode that wouldn't look ugly. Since the Launchbox logo and name are always at the top of the left navigation pane, why not just make it so you click on the Launchbox logo and that switches it to bigbox mode?

1 minute ago, DOS76 said:

While that would probably work fine it wouldn't be very intuitive to new users and then we would actually have to have documentation on how the program works to explain it.

Yeah, it's also complicated by the fact that the LaunchBox logo works as the menu when the side bar is hidden.

19 hours ago, dragon57 said:

All the images are the same format (png), the same size (452x226) and created by the same app. If you want any of them for testing, let me know. There are no issues with the normal/old Launchbox.

Well that makes no sense at all lol. I'll look into it.

4 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Yeah, it's also complicated by the fact that the LaunchBox logo works as the menu when the side bar is hidden.

Ohh, sorry about that. I've never hidden that bar and until the contest the other day (thank you again by the way) I've never had the premium version to try bigbox so I didn't know about all that.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dragon57 said:

Thanks for the new beta. Clear logo backgrounds do seem to work now, however the logos here seem to show very small, vs at normal size. See the attached pic.

Edit: I just discovered some platforms show tiny clear logos, and some do not. I have yet to identify any rhyme or reason to it.

Clipboard02.jpg

This was definitely caused by images with different DPIs, as predicted. I have it fixed for the next beta.

Edit: For clarity, if you open up the images in Photoshop, and select "Print Size" from the View menu, you'll notice that some images show as much smaller than others, due to the differing DPIs. I think this is just caused by different people's image editors or whatever. WPF takes the DPI into account when it displays the images, so I had to override it by setting the size of the image to match the pixel width of the image.

Is anyone else having an issue with Details panel? I click "show details" and it opens the right panel, but it's blank and the game selected is now unselected. Details do appear upon selecting a game but it's particularly annoying because you now have to scroll and re-find the game you selected originally as the scale/no of games on screen is now obviously changed so it gets moved off screen. 

B

9 minutes ago, Ble3azy said:

Is anyone else having an issue with Details panel? I click "show details" and it opens the right panel, but it's blank and the game selected is now unselected. Details do appear upon selecting a game but it's particularly annoying because you now have to scroll and re-find the game you selected originally as the scale/no of games on screen is now obviously changed so it gets moved off screen. 

B

Oddly I haven't been able to replicate this. When pressing Ctrl+T to show or hide the details panel, the same game remains selected for me, and the proper details show. Is anyone able to replicate this?

Beta 4 is out now with a handful of the items knocked out:

Here's what's left:

• Custom spacing options (with # of text lines too)
  • Controller support
  • Music playback
  • Sidebar resizing randomly
  • Box customization options (colors, placement, visibility, etc.)
  • Mouse cursor popup options
  • Jump to new game after game is added
  • Adding to playlist requiring a restart?
  • Occasional multi-select issues (games are not unselected on rare occasions)
  • Defaulting to system language in some cases/places?
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Oddly I haven't been able to replicate this. When pressing Ctrl+T to show or hide the details panel, the same game remains selected for me, and the proper details show. Is anyone able to replicate this?

I can only repeat it the first time after launch. It behaves as normal after that. 

2 minutes ago, Ble3azy said:

I can only repeat it the first time after launch. It behaves as normal after that. 

Okay, still can't seem to replicate it. Do you start LaunchBox with game details open or closed? Can you go through specific steps of everything you do?

9 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Okay, still can't seem to replicate it. Do you start LaunchBox with game details open or closed? Can you go through specific steps of everything you do?

I'm launching directly into .next from it's exe, the welcome screen greets me, I click the X. Details are closed by default, I left click a game, regarless if I right click or Ctrl+D I get the blank/transparent panel on the right. I was mistaken in saying the game is unselected, I just tried some games in the top left so they couldn't move off screen and appears it stays selected, but I actually can't click it again to get the details I have to click another game then back. 

*Edit. I just tried closing details, and changing platform / playlist. reopening details in the new playlist/platform gives me the same problem again without relaunch. 

Edited by Ble3azy

30 minutes ago, Ble3azy said:

I'm launching directly into .next from it's exe, the welcome screen greets me, I click the X. Details are closed by default, I left click a game, regarless if I right click or Ctrl+D I get the blank/transparent panel on the right. I was mistaken in saying the game is unselected, I just tried some games in the top left so they couldn't move off screen and appears it stays selected, but I actually can't click it again to get the details I have to click another game then back. 

*Edit. I just tried closing details, and changing platform / playlist. reopening details in the new playlist/platform gives me the same problem again without relaunch. 

I see; it looks like this is specific to the right-click Show Details menu option. I was testing with View > Game Details. I'll get it fixed. :)

1 minute ago, Jason Carr said:

I see; it looks like this is specific to the right-click Show Details menu option. I was testing with View > Game Details. I'll get it fixed. :)

ahhhhh I thought you miss typed Ctrl T haha. Didn't realise you could do that. that works here. Thanks Jason.  
I wonder if the visual bug is related to the playlist thing. 

6 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

This was definitely caused by images with different DPIs, as predicted. I have it fixed for the next beta.

Edit: For clarity, if you open up the images in Photoshop, and select "Print Size" from the View menu, you'll notice that some images show as much smaller than others, due to the differing DPIs. I think this is just caused by different people's image editors or whatever. WPF takes the DPI into account when it displays the images, so I had to override it by setting the size of the image to match the pixel width of the image.

So glad you found the fix. That is what I get for trusting baaaaad applications. :) Thank you!

For me it seemed the previous was better. I didn't quite notice the buffering and stretching over my toolbar until I got the latest Beta. The Thumbnails and Details seemed quicker for me as well in the previous Beta. Now I kinda get gaps that even the names below the thumbnails don't show for a few seconds before they all appear as complete. I hit "Select Random Game" almost all the time because I really like that feature, so I don't know if that might be the case or not. I would think it would kinda make it harder to get everything to show up together with the thumbnails, name, and details at once.