LaunchBox Community Forums

Unified Refried 2.0

RetroHumanoid

• 3 weeks later...

When it comes to genres, I'm assuming that you only get the genre background and video border when you set them up as a playlist in the main menu, correct? When you setup genres per system, you only get a playlist of the genres for that particular system. The background and border will be the same as the system you're under. Is that how it's supposed to work or am I doing something wrong? Additionally, are we supposed to use the old RetroHumanoid genre videos with the Retrified theme, or are there plans for something new in the future?

1 hour ago, Styphelus said:

When it comes to genres, I'm assuming that you only get the genre background and video border when you set them up as a playlist in the main menu, correct? When you setup genres per system, you only get a playlist of the genres for that particular system. The background and border will be the same as the system you're under. Is that how it's supposed to work or am I doing something wrong? Additionally, are we supposed to use the old RetroHumanoid genre videos with the Retrified theme, or are there plans for something new in the future?

I've also been wondering this about the genre videos ?

On 4/1/2019 at 10:09 AM, Styphelus said:

On 4/1/2019 at 11:16 AM, zetec-s-joe said:

I've also been wondering this about the genre videos ?

You are correct. When I first made those,there was no automatic playlist generator,and the genre category was something I had/have on my cabinet,with games from every platform in each genre.They are not platform specific. As far as the videos,I currently use the genre videos I have out atm,because when I thought about changing to the refried style,I thought about how I would have to change the videos for Collections,Developers,etc. ....and remaking over 300 videos is just not something I have time to do atm...but,who knows about later down the line,I may get the itch.

• Like 1

Apologies if this question has been asked and answered already. I've not been able to find a solution.  Through theme manager in BigBox, my MAME marquees are no longer changing per game in Unified Refried.  They did before in the standalone skin.  I've tried selecting different views but can't get that functionality back.  Any advice greatly appreciated.

I believe you need to manually download and install the Queso Fresco addon part to this theme to get that functionality back.  It looks like the newly implemented theme manager only installs the main theme, not any of the addons that are optional.  Download from here and install in your theme folder like before -