LaunchBox Community Forums

Unified Refried 2.0

RetroHumanoid

So all i've done is edited the existing files.  Not the best as my photoshop skills are very limited lol but will do until someone with better photoshop skills then me comes along. 

Just drag these into the folders listed if you have the same platform naming

Themes\Unified Refried\Images\Theme\Background

Global VR.jpg

Konami PC Based.jpg

Namco ES3.jpg

Raw Thrills.jpg

Sega Lindbergh.jpg

Themes\Unified Refried\Images\Theme\Addons\_Arcade\VideoBorder

Global VR.png

Konami PC Based.png

Namco ES3.png

Raw Thrills.png

Sega Lindbergh.png

Themes\Unified Refried\Images\Theme\Addons\_Arcade\VideoBorder2

Global VR.png

Konami PC Based.png

Namco ES3.png

Raw Thrills.png

Sega Lindbergh.png

Themes\Unified Refried\Images\Theme\Addons\_Arcade\VideoBorder3

Global VR.png

Konami PC Based.png

Namco ES3.png

Raw Thrills.png

Sega Lindbergh.png

Edited by PaulyC
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, MikeHK84 said:

was wondering if there was a way to update the code of the wheel game view to show the fanart background per game instead of the generic background per platform?

You can change the code of any custom theme. You would need to know some simple XAML, so you can dive into the code and change what you want.

• Unified Refried files would be located in LAUNCHBOX\Themes\Unified Refried
  • There's a good pdf that helps with Big Box specific bindings, located here: LAUNCHBOX\Themes\Documentation.pdf

It would require you to find the game view you use, then the piece of code that deals with the background, and replace it with a background transitionpresenter.

On 1/17/2022 at 5:27 PM, faeran said:

You can change the code of any custom theme. You would need to know some simple XAML, so you can dive into the code and change what you want.

• Unified Refried files would be located in LAUNCHBOX\Themes\Unified Refried
  • There's a good pdf that helps with Big Box specific bindings, located here: LAUNCHBOX\Themes\Documentation.pdf

It would require you to find the game view you use, then the piece of code that deals with the background, and replace it with a background transitionpresenter.

Thanks for pointing this out,  i didn't realise there was a pdf for this and now i've read it i've been able to tweak a few things :) 

One thing i am struggling with and would like to try out is getting the selected games logo on the wheel to stay visible while the others fade on the wheel games view.  I'm not even sure if this is possible though lol

I saw this code and thought it might be something to do with this but i have no idea what's what.

<!-- FADING WHEEL -->
            <DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames Storyboard.TargetProperty="(UIElement.Opacity)" Storyboard.TargetName="FlowControl">
                <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:0.0" Value="1"/>
                <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:0.8" Value="1"/>
                <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:1.3" Value="0.15"/>
            </DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames>
            <Int32Animation Storyboard.TargetName="FlowControl" Duration="00:00:1.9" Storyboard.TargetProperty="(Panel.ZIndex)" From="10" To="2"/>

Screenshot (64).png

Edited by PaulyC

I'm also struggling to get the glass bar to the top of the screen in platform view.

Probebly the wrong thing to do but i copied the lower glass bar code and try changing the code a bit but this is the best i could get it lol

<!-- UPPER GLASSBAR -->            
            <Border x:Name="UpperGlassBar" Grid.Row="1" Grid.Column="0" Grid.ColumnSpan="15" Background="Black" Opacity="0.5" Panel.ZIndex="14" SnapsToDevicePixels="True" >
                <Border.RenderTransform>
                    <TransformGroup>
                        <ScaleTransform/>
                        <SkewTransform/>
                        <RotateTransform/>
                        <TranslateTransform/>
                    </TransformGroup>
                </Border.RenderTransform>
            </Border>

Screenshot (63).png

Edited by PaulyC

46 minutes ago, PaulyC said:

I'm also struggling to get the glass bar to the top of the screen in platform view.

Probebly the wrong thing to do but i copied the lower glass bar code and try changing the code a bit but this is the best i could get it lol

<!-- UPPER GLASSBAR -->            
            <Border x:Name="UpperGlassBar" Grid.Row="1" Grid.Column="0" Grid.ColumnSpan="15" Background="Black" Opacity="0.5" Panel.ZIndex="14" SnapsToDevicePixels="True" >
                <Border.RenderTransform>
                    <TransformGroup>
                        <ScaleTransform/>
                        <SkewTransform/>
                        <RotateTransform/>
                        <TranslateTransform/>
                    </TransformGroup>
                </Border.RenderTransform>
            </Border>

Try changing Grid.Row="1" to Grid.Row="0"

The grids actually start with a "0" count and not "1". So if you have 3 Grid Rows they numbered "0", "1", and "2".

47 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Try changing Grid.Row="1" to Grid.Row="0"

The grids actually start with a "0" count and not "1". So if you have 3 Grid Rows they numbered "0", "1", and "2".

I tried that as well and get this 

I've honestly tried all different numbers in each of them and the first pic i got up is the closest i got to having a thin bar.   Ive tried adding margin to it as well but still no luck.

Edit:  I forgot to add, can shadows be added to scrolling text like the text at the bottom?

Screenshot (41).png

Edited by PaulyC

I may be onto something i edited the 315* below to 50* and the bar was perfect but i lost the scrolling text lol

<Grid.RowDefinitions>
                <RowDefinition Height="315*" />
                <RowDefinition Height="52*" />
                <RowDefinition Height="200*" />
                <RowDefinition Height="149*" />
                <RowDefinition Height="190*" />
                <RowDefinition Height="64*" />
                <RowDefinition Height="60*" />
                <RowDefinition Height="50*" />
            </Grid.RowDefinitions>

Edit: Sorted it!!!!!   Kept the above at 50 but had to change the margin on the scrolling text :)  Hopefully thats the correct way to do it and i havnt broken anything.

Im still struggling with the active wheel clear logo fade and shadows on the scrolling text though

Edited by PaulyC

@faeran Hi buddy could you help me out with this?  Without this wheel fade fix I can't start editing the 200+ views and am really keen to get started :)

My issue is with this code below.  With this all the wheel logos fade but i want the selected logo to stay visible while the others fade if possible

<!-- FADING WHEEL -->
            <DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames Storyboard.TargetProperty="(UIElement.Opacity)" Storyboard.TargetName="FlowControl">
            <Int32Animation Storyboard.TargetName="FlowControl" Duration="00:00:1.9" Storyboard.TargetProperty="(Panel.ZIndex)" From="10" To="2"/>

1 hour ago, PaulyC said:

@faeran Hi buddy could you help me out with this?  Without this wheel fade fix I can't start editing the 200+ views and am really keen to get started :)

My issue is with this code below.  With this all the wheel logos fade but i want the selected logo to stay visible while the others fade if possible

<!-- FADING WHEEL -->

From what I think you want to do, the best way would be to change the Wheel's flowcontrol to the newer version. You'd be removing the current wheel, and its animation and building a template of what you want each item to look like. Would take some doing, but it's definitely possible.

25 minutes ago, faeran said:

From what I think you want to do, the best way would be to change the Wheel's flowcontrol to the newer version. You'd be removing the current wheel, and its animation and building a template of what you want each item to look like. Would take some doing, but it's definitely possible.

Thanks for the reply mate.   Tbh i only want it like this, i don't think i explained it properly.  So not fully fade as such, just the other logos dim while the selected one stays bright.

Preferebly like at 12.55 when the others a really dim

Preferebly like at 12.51 when the others a really dim

Edited by PaulyC

18 minutes ago, PaulyC said:

Thanks for the reply mate.   Tbh i only want it like this, i don't think i explained it properly.  So not fully fade as such, just the other logos dim while the selected one stays bright.

Preferebly like at 12.55 when the others a really dim

Preferebly like at 12.51 when the others a really dim

You can do this with either an opacity mask, or using the new flowcontrol, like I mentioned before.

23 minutes ago, faeran said:

You can do this with either an opacity mask, or using the new flowcontrol, like I mentioned before.

Is this with xaml code as i'm just editing refried not using the community creator?  I have no idea what im doing with either method you suggested tbh lol

Just now, PaulyC said:

Is this with xaml code as i'm just editing refried not using the community creator?  I have no idea what im doing with either method you suggested tbh lol

Yeah, both should be done using code. Depending on the opacity mask, you may find it easier to use an image.

With the new flow control stuff, you would just need to replace the code with other code. I may have time to give you an example at some point.