LaunchBox Community Forums

Unified Refried 2.0

RetroHumanoid

Can you please tell me how to update the game details page, I don't want the "controllers'" shown there, it doesn't show games with 8 players correctly.  I would just manually type it in or remove that attribute and add another attribute.  I also want to remove rating and add a different attribute there.  Any help, regarding what file to alter and with what program would be appreciated.  Thanks.

If a Platform Category or Platform doesn't have a video, is there a way to show a picture in the window instead?  Thanks!

Yes. Just drop the image into the video folder. Make sure it's named appropriately. I'm not very talented at making videos so I've done that in the past.

Actually now that I think about it, @Jason Carr would it be possible for Big Box to play an mp3 and display an image when browsing through platforms in a future update? Like when you stop on the NES platform, a png will load in place of an mp4 but an mp3 will play music at the same time as displaying the still image until you move off of that platform. I feel like I've asked you that question before but I dont remember the answer lol. I know you can do background music but I wouldnt want that playing full time and clashing with the other platform video audio.

• Thanks 1

On 4/21/2019 at 7:35 AM, Ghostlines said:

Yes. Just drop the image into the video folder. Make sure it's named appropriately. I'm not very talented at making videos so I've done that in the past.

Actually now that I think about it, @Jason Carr would it be possible for Big Box to play an mp3 and display an image when browsing through platforms in a future update? Like when you stop on the NES platform, a png will load in place of an mp4 but an mp3 will play music at the same time as displaying the still image until you move off of that platform. I feel like I've asked you that question before but I dont remember the answer lol. I know you can do background music but I wouldnt want that playing full time and clashing with the other platform video audio.

I know games have music that you can play whenever a game is selected, but I don't think platforms do. We'd have to add a new field to platforms for music and then hook it all up.

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, johnugamer said:

Quick question, the queso addon does not have the collections and other playlists from what I can see, is there any way to incorporate all the playlists and collections back into the theme? Thanks.

They are available from the same download link.

image.thumb.png.879613e2b88dc33752de9c8065bbd82b.png

• Thanks 1

The themes included in the collection addon don't seem to carry over to the game details screen unlike the rest of themes in Refried. For example, the Super Mario collection works but once selecting a game and being brought to the game details screen, it turns into the platform specific theme. Is there a way to change this so it stays consistent? Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

I love this theme. Got it running on my PC and my arcade.

One request though, please one day when you have the time and inclination create a true 4:3 experience based on this theme. My arcade has sizable black bars so whilst the theme supports any aspect ratio, it doesn't fill the screen.

Would be so nice to finally see a bigbox theme that supports 4:3 and doesn't stretch everything or give black bars.

Amazing theme though, my collection finally looks all uniform, complete and very professional, thanks :)

On 6/15/2019 at 7:02 PM, griffinballs said:

I love this theme. Got it running on my PC and my arcade.

One request though, please one day when you have the time and inclination create a true 4:3 experience based on this theme. My arcade has sizable black bars so whilst the theme supports any aspect ratio, it doesn't fill the screen.

Would be so nice to finally see a bigbox theme that supports 4:3 and doesn't stretch everything or give black bars.

Amazing theme though, my collection finally looks all uniform, complete and very professional, thanks :)

Try this (make a backup of the file first).  Open the ThemeSettings.xml file located in Themes/Unified Refried while Big Box is closed.  Go to the last few lines and change :

Force16X9AspectRatio>True</Force16X9AspectRatio> to

Force16X9AspectRatio>False</Force16X9AspectRatio>.

Save your change and open Big Box. There may be a little bit of the bars but should look better.

If that doesnt work, change the 16x9 to False and change the next line <Force4X3AspectRatio>False</Force4X3AspectRatio to <Force4X3AspectRatio>True</Force4X3AspectRatio.

One my modded arcade1up, just swapping the 16X9 to False and 4X3 to True worked.  But on my laptop with a standard 4:3 monitor i had to make both lines False to get Big Box to display right.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, DragoonDemon4 said:

Hi, first: great theme, second: where I can find th addon background for snes MSU-1 that has the video from the video platform set, the one with the 2 snes controllers and the logo for SNES msu-1, please help, Thanks

Check the Refried/Images/Theme/Addons/_Consoles folder.  I believe those are the images you are looking for.  RH has MSU-1 platform named as SNES CD.  You can either rename your platform to match (may need to manually move your media into the new platform), or the easier thing is to go into the _Consoles folder and rename his SNESCD folder to match the name of your Platform.  

• 3 weeks later...

Let me first off by saying, awesome job on the theme. The built in dynamic marquee is a great addon. I have a few questions concerning the theme.

1. Can i somehow disable the scrolling text in both the platform/playlist view and games list view? The text is just not scrolling smoothly. Dont know if this has to do with the freesync monitor i am running.

2. Lastly i was wondering if there are any theme matching platform/playlist marquee banners available?

Edited by twobucks

• 2 months later...
45 minutes ago, Soxbrother said:

Hello,

thanks for this great theme.

I've noticed some sort of RSS feed at the top of my screen, but it only is half of the text I'm seeing.

How can this be fixed ? Is there some sort of aspect ratio setting or something ?

Thanks in advance.

Soxbrother

If you have a 16:9 TV/Monitor and some of the screen is cut off i suggest that it is a TV/Windows setting on your end. Make sure your TV/Monitor is set to 16:9 or the "original" mode depending on the screen. Also check in your GPU control panel for the overscan/underscan settings and adjust those.

8 hours ago, neil9000 said:

If you have a 16:9 TV/Monitor and some of the screen is cut off i suggest that it is a TV/Windows setting on your end. Make sure your TV/Monitor is set to 16:9 or the "original" mode depending on the screen. Also check in your GPU control panel for the overscan/underscan settings and adjust those.

Ok, I'll try, but I'm pretty sure everything is ok.

Otherwise I would have noticed it in other programs if my screen was "overscanned" too much, I think.

• 3 weeks later...

This is, by far, the best theme to me!

Is there anyway possible to bake in (or at least do all at once) the ability to download all of the extra system logos and system videos that are available for individual download in the links you've provided? I'd love to have them all done in one fell swoop! 

2 minutes ago, KillerQ said:

This is, by far, the best theme to me!

Is there anyway possible to bake in (or at least do all at once) the ability to download all of the extra system logos and system videos that are available for individual download in the links you've provided? I'd love to have them all done in one fell swoop! 

Not without making the file to big for the forums, no.