LaunchBox Community Forums

Unified Refried 2.0

RetroHumanoid

• 4 weeks later...

Hey amazing theme! One question though: is there any chance you could provide us with the addon style border artwork (with the fitted screen sizes) but without the characters for each system?

Edit: nevermind, just found the extra images in the addon. Thanks a ton for giving us so many options!

Edited by connorwaalks

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Lukeyboy67 said:

Noob question. Can anyone tell me how to change the text colour on the Amiga theme plz? :)image.png.5096047843b16328433ef911e0ca5c7a.png

You will need to edit the Amiga xaml file for the specific view you are using. You will need to code in the new color you want to use for each of the metadata fields referenced in the image you are showing. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Retro808 said:

You will need to edit the Amiga xaml file for the specific view you are using. You will need to code in the new color you want to use for each of the metadata fields referenced in the image you are showing. 

Thanks for your reply but as I stated I'm a noob when it comes to editing files, where is this file located?

4 hours ago, Lukeyboy67 said:

Thanks for your reply but as I stated I'm a noob when it comes to editing files, where is this file located?

In the theme's folder there will be a Views folder. Inside that are all the xaml files for the theme. You will need to find the view you are using and edit that xaml. I do not know which view you are using so I cannot be specific as to what xaml you need to edit. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, nappyjim said:

Where do I do this?  I dont see it in my options.

n order to make this work properly,you must go into LaunchBox options,and change the priority for Cart Back Image to Arcade - Marquee,and uncheck anything else.

You change it in LaunchBox options.

Capture.PNG

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi First off thanks for a great theme, just started using it and got it setup the way I like it, well aprt from I cant seem to find a platform video and clearlogo for PAL SNES.

But my question is how can we create our own video marquees for the mame platform?   what software do we need and how hard is it to do.

Anyway hope someone can answer my question and again thanks for a great theme.

Hey guys i'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but here goes.

I'm loving Unified Refried but i've run into one small problem.

It ONLY seems to display 3D box fronts. I can not get my 2D box fronts to display unless i physically move them into the 3D box front folder.  Is there a way i can edit something to make it so it will display 2D boxes as well (i have no 3D boxes intentionally atm)? I'm new to messing with themes but i have to assume there's a way.

9 hours ago, Mezameta said:

Hey guys i'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but here goes.

I'm loving Unified Refried but i've run into one small problem.

It ONLY seems to display 3D box fronts. I can not get my 2D box fronts to display unless i physically move them into the 3D box front folder.  Is there a way i can edit something to make it so it will display 2D boxes as well (i have no 3D boxes intentionally atm)? I'm new to messing with themes but i have to assume there's a way.

Since you are not using 3D boxes the easiest way is to go into LB. Go to >Tools>Options and in the Image Priorities for 3D box uncheck all items. Then select only Box Front and use the move buttons to move it to the top. Now anywhere a theme wants to display a 3D box it will default to the standard flat Box Front.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That seemed to work man, thank you :)

I just wanted to make sure, THIS is how the box front and cart normally looks size wise right? It's actually my first time seeing them since i couldn't get them to display before xD So just wanted to make sure it was displaying properly.

Unified Example.png

Though ironically now i have a problem with MAME only showing certain advert fronts, it seems to be mixing advert fronts, clear logos and screen shots for various games lol.

Edited by Mezameta

Does this theme support disc spin for systems like PS and Dreamcast? Also is there a way to have a default marquee when there is none available for MAME? Kind of like Mala did. 

Update : Well did a clean install again and the disc is spinning and not the carts. ? Next have to tweak the 3d carts to front and cleanup some marquee for MAME. Awesome theme. 

Edited by Joe35car

OK after getting how I want it to look I noticed one thing. The Mega Duck and Sony PSP Mini carts are spinning. How do I stop this from happening without turning off the spin feature on other systems. NES, SNES and other that use carts don't spin. Only Mega Duck and Sony PSP Mini. Is there a way to edit certain systems without changing others?

Thanks

Edited by Joe35car

• 8 months later...