LaunchBox Community Forums

Unified Refried 2.0

RetroHumanoid

On 10/30/2021 at 5:04 PM, scottyboy77 said:

Hoping someone can help,ive just installed the unified and refried theme but its not displaying the background or video border for any of my systems (dont think its a naming issue) any ideas ?

p.s. ive tried with and without the addon

refried.png

Hi @scottyboy77. Did you install the theme through Big Box or via the forums?

4 hours ago, faeran said:

If you delete the forum one and download it from inside Big Box, are you still missing the images?

can't download it from inside bigbox as only Unified Redux or Ulrawide are on there but i updated Refried to newest version through bigbox and still no luck. (I did try putting the arcade video border into a different theme folder just to see if it worked which it did, it just didn't fit around the video).

are your platforms named the same as the images in the LaunchBox\Themes\Unified Refried\Images\Theme?  I run refried and all the images show for proper platform.   Do you have the theme unzipped into the right level?  Not Themes\Unified Refried\Unified Refried?

7 hours ago, ed20910 said:

are your platforms named the same as the images in the LaunchBox\Themes\Unified Refried\Images\Theme?  I run refried and all the images show for proper platform.   Do you have the theme unzipped into the right level?  Not Themes\Unified Refried\Unified Refried?

Yes, I've checked everything suggested but it's just not happening for me. Think I might just have to go for a different theme.

I was hoping someone could help out. The Queso addon is missing the folder for Windows, so while the theme video itself shows a nice widescreen TV, the game view theme shows the standard square video border for Windows.  I've re-downloaded and doublechecked all the theme files, and  the entire folder for Windows is missing from \Images\Theme\Addons\_Computers.

Can anyone else verify this, or you have the files could I get them?

Thank you!

2 hours ago, denmiclaw said:

I was hoping someone could help out. The Queso addon is missing the folder for Windows, so while the theme video itself shows a nice widescreen TV, the game view theme shows the standard square video border for Windows.  I've re-downloaded and doublechecked all the theme files, and  the entire folder for Windows is missing from \Images\Theme\Addons\_Computers.

Can anyone else verify this, or you have the files could I get them?

Thank you!

There isn't a "windows" folder for Queso addon but there is a folder called "PC Games" which is likely what you are wanting to match to the video theme.  Normally it will just default to the non-queso version which looks like this:

320337987_DesktopScreenshot2021_11.05-21_02_25_26.thumb.png.1f8f0519aec1c6e840dd9c7a91715b5f.png

If want it to look like this with wide screen border:

1428395481_DesktopScreenshot2021_11.05-21_33_57_46.thumb.png.86f87a29dd116c7cc2767f2f5cd45bdc.png

Then you adjust this by duplicating each of the views called PC Games.xaml and naming it to Windows.xaml (or whatever your platform is called).  The folders are located here:

image.png.307457a9bcb6f00df1f29da7e9dd6484.png..

Go into each folder above and find the PC Games.XAML and duplicate it.  Then rename it to your platform name. In my case it is "Windows.XAML".  Replicate for each view.  You do not need to do anything in the Addons folder or do any editing of the XAMLs as long as the XAML is named exactly the same as your platform.  So when finished should have the original PC Games.XAML and the dupe with your platform name like in example below:

Capture.PNG.c7aa8c9f906f25bd5e5102edf1b8f71b.PNG

Edited by sundogak

• 1 month later...
On 10/27/2018 at 7:00 AM, RetroHumanoid said:

Important note**If you install this theme,and the artwork does not display properly for a platform on your system,then more than likely it is a naming conflict between your platform and the files in the theme. To fix this issue,you must locate these files and change the name to your actual platforms name:

1.Images/Theme/Background/(name of your platform that is mislabeled)

2.Images/Theme/VideoBorder/(name of your platform that is mislabeled)

If you install the Queso Fresco addon as well,then you must also rename the custom view xaml files to your platform name.

I am trying to set up BigBox for the first time and decided to use this great theme. The playlist looks great, but as soon as I get into the platform or category overview, it looks like the screenshot attached.

I read that it might work with renaming files. But where do I see which name is the correct one?

Thanks.

bibox_refried.png

9 hours ago, Bigb_ch said:

I am trying to set up BigBox for the first time and decided to use this great theme. The playlist looks great, but as soon as I get into the platform or category overview, it looks like the screenshot attached.

I read that it might work with renaming files. But where do I see which name is the correct one?

Thanks.

bibox_refried.png

Looks like you haven't switched the view from text view.  Press the "1" key on keyboard (or go into BB Options and map keyboard to controller button to change view).  Then should give you option to change views. 

Edited by sundogak
  • Thanks 1

1. How to show Wow action max video border?

The lb platform name is "WoW Action Max" and named accordingly in: 

\LaunchBox\Themes\Unified Refried\Views\Wheel3GamesView\

\LaunchBox\Themes\Unified Refried\Images\Theme\Addons\_Consoles\

\LaunchBox\Themes\Unified Refried\Images\Theme\Background\

\LaunchBox\Themes\Unified Refried\Images\Theme\VideoBorder\

image.thumb.png.7f0e237f8e8bb9a7dab87e87f2c4f416.png

2. How to stop the Nintendo Switch game cart from spinning (i want only game discs to spin)?

"Nintendo Switch" is the lb platform name and is named accordingly in the theme directories similar to WoW Action Max:

image.thumb.png.10f31f58e232e25fe8a351c5fc17e814.png

I use game list view: vertical wheel 3 with queso fresco addon.

Edited by vgbox

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/31/2021 at 9:40 PM, balugabutt said:

Question... is this project dead? 

I love this theme but there are a few platforms that don't have videos and I would LOVE them all to match. I would do it if I have any idea where to start.

Sega System 32

Singe 2

TeknoParrot

Deleted, fixed black frame.

Edited by Rlad
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Rlad said:

I've just got Singe and Namco ES3 to do then i'll put them all in the downloads section.

@PaulyC there's already a nesicaxlive Named 'Taito_Nesicaxlive' maybe you missed it.

Thanks bro

I saw taito nesicaxlive one not longer after i posted.  I was meant to edit the post but forgot :)