LaunchBox Community Forums

C64 Dreams (massive curated C64 collection)

Zombeaver

54 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

I'd stop your trolling now if i was you.

Possibly a bit harsh, I think he's coming across badly because English isn't his first language. Also there are 2 different versions of Cabal which are coloured differently to each other, and the US version does have some sort of counter at the bottom of the screen.

7 minutes ago, Belgarath said:

Possibly a bit harsh, I think he's coming across badly because English isn't his first language. Also there are 2 different versions of Cabal which are coloured differently to each other, and the US version does have some sort of counter at the bottom of the screen.

Maybe a little, you are right. It is however not the first complaint from that user.

The thing about the cropping in Cabal was reported previously and already addressed in the current WIP. Once the next version is released it'll be fixed. You can adjust this yourself in the meantime if you want by pressing NumPad Minus + F1 and going to Quick Menu > Options and adjusting the top and bottom crop values.

There's nothing wrong with the colors, it's just a different version as Belgarath mentioned.

On 4/27/2022 at 4:30 AM, Ashencos said:

I wanted to ask you can you make the carousel like c64 mini?

Sure, with Big Box. That requires a paid license however, so it's not within the scope of what I can supply with the collection. There are many different themes for Big Box, some of which have views similar to the one you're talking about.

On 4/27/2022 at 4:30 AM, Ashencos said:

missing the button to jump over the balconies how to do it?

I don't know what this means.

On 4/27/2022 at 5:32 AM, Ashencos said:

in dragon ninja it goes slow dim audio delayed music etc.

This is a hardware and/or software issue on your end. The CPU is normally the culprit. There's nothing I can do about this, the default settings are designed to be the least hardware demanding they can be. There's no performance issues with that or any other game on my end, across multiple computers, including an old piece of junk office PC.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ashencos said:

what would it be with Big Box. can you create a carousel?

You'd have to look through the available Big Box themes here on the site for something similar.  You'd probably want to look at the coverflow views for them for something along the same lines.

2 hours ago, Ashencos said:

I have the registered version How do I INSERT YOUR GAMES?

You can either A) follow the instructions that are linked in the opening post to merge C64 Dreams with an existing collection or B) add your license.xml file into the C64 Dreams folder (next to Launchbox.exe) and then you'll have access to all the premium features / Big Box there.

Can I just say I'm absolutely loving your work.  You've somehow almost created the feeling i had many many years ago when i would spend all day in my local shop looking at the back of cassette tapes at the pictures and picking up games that the 'cover looks good'

My fondest memories when i think back were the games and demos you used to get at the front of the magazines specifically Commodore Format and Commodore Force

With that in mind and i know its a big ask but would you consider two PD games that were on the front of issue 2 Commodore Force to be added by the awesome Ash & Dave. 

Snowball Sunday

Duel Cassette II

I only had a about 4 games when i first got issue 2 of Commodore Force and this was my first ever computer magazine that i brought; so for me personally its very nostalgic; i would just load up the tapes to listen to the music and pretend it was my own music studio

Its absolutely fine if you can't or do not want too, mainly i just wanted to say thank you for this awesome project!

Looking forward for future updates

• Like 1

Glad you're enjoying it @dan1981football! That's great to hear.

It's no problem at all, I've added those to my to-do list for the next version.

While on the subject, to give people a status update, I've finished parsing through all of "M", "N", and "O" in GB64 and am currently making my way through "P". This puts me at 28329 out of 45448 screenshots parsed / 62.3% of the way through GB64. As result, the next version will be 0.60. Between parsing GB64 and user-requests I currently have 489 / 500 games picked out thus far for the update. Some of these will end up getting removed once I get to the testing phase and it turns out that some of them are actually complete trash (this doesn't apply to specific user-requests, just the things that I pick out based on screenshot parsing), but probably not a ton. So the selection/curation process for the next update is almost done at this point. That doesn't mean that the update itself is almost done, as there's a ton of work to be done after that selection process is finished, but it's progress nevertheless. With that said, I don't currently have any plans for any major feature changes / additions this go round unlike the last two updates (manuals and Zzap 64 integration) so the turnaround time should be a fair bit shorter overall with this update.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

This is so cool.  Thank you! So when I single click on a game in launchbox and then press edit down near the bottom left and then click on media a line is there to point to the sid file.  After doing so, when I click on the game in launchbox, the music starts playing automatically while I'm reading about the game.  (I may have integrated .sid support into my Windows not sure about that or maybe Launchbox music player natively supports?  In either case, I can't seem to change tracks witht he forward and back buttons.  On the multitrack title I tested, 5th Gear, it only plays #3) Anywho,  how awesome!  Looks like I have a lot of work to do...

Edited by prYldfire
thanks and addtl. info

12 hours ago, prYldfire said:

This is so cool.  Thank you! So when I single click on a game in launchbox and then press edit down near the bottom left and then click on media a line is there to point to the sid file.  After doing so, when I click on the game in launchbox, the music starts playing automatically while I'm reading about the game.  (I may have integrated .sid support into my Windows not sure about that or maybe Launchbox music player natively supports?  In either case, I can't seem to change tracks witht he forward and back buttons.  On the multitrack title I tested, 5th Gear, it only plays #3) Anywho,  how awesome!  Looks like I have a lot of work to do...

I'm gonna be honest, I have no idea what you're talking about. The only sids I include are the standalone tracks in the separate SID platform. I have no clue what you're talking about as far as 5th Gear.

I do include some custom sid tracks for some games that don't normally have music (primarily text adventures), but those tracks aren't accessible from within Launchbox. And again, that would not apply to something like 5th Gear. The specific cases where these are included are listed on the game details spreadsheet on a separate tab. There are about 100 games that include these.

It sounds like you've downloaded some music externally from this project (like through emumovies perhaps) and are trying to incorporate it into the collection. That's certainly your prerogative but you're on your own with that. If you're having problems with general Launchbox usage, that's a question you should be asking in the Launchbox troubleshooting forums. I would assume the music tracks would just need to be named something like [library title]-01.mp3, [library title]-02.mp3, etc. to be picked up for the same game, but I really don't know as that's not something I've ever messed with at all. If they're actually .sid files I'm shocked they work at all but I would assume they would need to follow that naming convention as well.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/30/2022 at 11:01 PM, Zombeaver said:

Glad you're enjoying it @dan1981football! That's great to hear.

It's no problem at all, I've added those to my to-do list for the next version.

While on the subject, to give people a status update, I've finished parsing through all of "M", "N", and "O" in GB64 and am currently making my way through "P". This puts me at 28329 out of 45448 screenshots parsed / 62.3% of the way through GB64. As result, the next version will be 0.60. Between parsing GB64 and user-requests I currently have 489 / 500 games picked out thus far for the update. Some of these will end up getting removed once I get to the testing phase and it turns out that some of them are actually complete trash (this doesn't apply to specific user-requests, just the things that I pick out based on screenshot parsing), but probably not a ton. So the selection/curation process for the next update is almost done at this point. That doesn't mean that the update itself is almost done, as there's a ton of work to be done after that selection process is finished, but it's progress nevertheless. With that said, I don't currently have any plans for any major feature changes / additions this go round unlike the last two updates (manuals and Zzap 64 integration) so the turnaround time should be a fair bit shorter overall with this update.

👍👍👍👍👍👍

Hi Zombeaver, am really looking forward to version 0.60.

Questions

Will version 0.60 be using the latest version of Retroarch (1.10.3 or up)?

Will there be an easy update from version 0.45 to 0.60 without the need to download a whole new version?

Have you ever considered implementing the mega bezel reflection shader?
https://forums.libretro.com/t/hsm-mega-bezel-reflection-shader-feedback-and-updates/25512

Maybe in combination with The Namec Commodore pack?

https://forums.libretro.com/t/thenamec-mega-bezel-packs-amiga-commodore-64-vic20-crtgaming-soon/31523

Both project have githubs and once copied to a retroarch install (vs 1.9.8 and up) will work out of the box. (once u choose a fitting preset)

Not taking back on your hard work which is tremendously appreciated.
However, all other platforms I use Retroarch with I have implemented the above shader packs.
Reason I use these cause in every platform I use it with, it automatically takes care of the sizing no matter which size of screen you use it on.

Either way, just wanted to let you know other creators out there who also included C64 in their projects.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, launchretrogirl2562 said:

Will version 0.60 be using the latest version of Retroarch (1.10.3 or up)?

Yes.

Will there be an easy update from version 0.45 to 0.60 without the need to download a whole new version?

No. At least until post 1.0 any updates will be complete replacements.

Have you ever considered implementing the mega bezel reflection shader?
https://forums.libretro.com/t/hsm-mega-bezel-reflection-shader-feedback-and-updates/25512

Maybe in combination with The Namec Commodore pack?

https://forums.libretro.com/t/thenamec-mega-bezel-packs-amiga-commodore-64-vic20-crtgaming-soon/31523

Both project have githubs and once copied to a retroarch install (vs 1.9.8 and up) will work out of the box. (once u choose a fitting preset)

Maybe someday. It's not really a priority. I'm quite partial to my own presets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1