LaunchBox Community Forums

C64 Dreams (massive curated C64 collection)

Zombeaver

18 hours ago, Zombeaver said:

I spent pretty much all day yesterday working on some HSM presets for C64 Dreams. The default values aren't the correct aspect ratio, colors, etc. so took quite a bit of tweaking to get it the way I wanted, with no doubt more to come before release. I have a generic one and two from Namec's pack, each with an additional curvature preset.

797949915_HSMBezelIntro.thumb.gif.ac6c8d1a5f4196e8e85f612ab8f15a3b.gif

315266295_HSMBezel.thumb.gif.22778dbff156c5715fdf48d47840a466.gif

1230107451_HSMBezel1.thumb.png.da8b41c1b0b1f4b0f9ca3c677b31085e.png

1889998562_HSMBezel2.thumb.png.d075d43a8c492fe22d830bfb0f2bc1f0.png

887159527_HSMBezel3.thumb.png.ce1f5a5222a423430a74c947fd4a1258.png

296171034_HSMBezel4.thumb.png.2c09f5eb6d792599e7d76d9182514bde.png

1579882337_HSMBezel5.thumb.png.063828db6fabf4b6492f7c02a6103a36.png

1288518855_HSMBezel6.thumb.png.be660131dc3a9671250523481f4824e8.png

The generic one can be combined with any of the existing bezel overlays, changeable in the Configurator.

252638472_HSMBezel1v2.thumb.png.d453beb99524bebb0ed25e775705679a.png

Looking good!!!!!!

Was that a lot of work to implement the shaders in your current C64 Dreams setup?

8 hours ago, launchretrogirl2562 said:

Looking good!!!!!!

Was that a lot of work to implement the shaders in your current C64 Dreams setup?

Not too bad I suppose, most of the work has just been tweaking values in presets, which is still ongoing. I've made several more improvements since the last screenshots.

I've added additional options to the configurator for adjusting the settings via Shaders > HSM Mega Bezel. You can enable it (it's mutually exclusive from the other included shader presets because it needs to use Vulkan instead of GL) or disable it, choose from the included presets, and enable or disable the intro (the animation where the TV turns on in the beginning). And if you're using one of the generic ones you can swap out the overlays via the Overlay section. These basically just run different bats to change values, overwrite files, etc. in accordance with whatever you choose.

image.thumb.png.9c8e26b1f285498addc02127d6c06186.png

• Like 2

8 hours ago, marcosgaming said:

Wow sei grande. Ci avvisi quando hai completato? 

E poi come faccio ad aggiornare il sistema con questa implementazione? 

Grazie sempre! 

Ci sarà un post una volta uscito il prossimo aggiornamento, come al solito. Spero di farlo entro Natale, ma nessuna promessa.

Fino al rilascio della versione 1.0, tutti gli aggiornamenti saranno sostituzioni complete della raccolta. Al momento non esiste un metodo di aggiornamento, dovrai solo eliminare i vecchi file ed estrarre quelli nuovi.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2022 at 7:31 PM, launchretrogirl2562 said:

For myself, cause I use Big Box...I have been working on adding most of the videos I could find and using 'Renamer' to make them correspond to the folder names.
As source I use emumovies and internetarchive to find most of them. If you also have the videos I would recommend you also include them in your next updates cause I'm guessing most users here use Big Box.

Would you be able to share your videos please?   I use Bigbox as well and this would be a great addition.

And kudos to you @Zombeaver for your amazing work.  It takes some dedication to do something of this scale and make it run so well, look so good and install so easilly.  Hats off to your sir. 👍

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Zombeaver said:

Ci sarà un post una volta uscito il prossimo aggiornamento, come al solito. Spero di farlo entro Natale, ma nessuna promessa.

Fino al rilascio della versione 1.0, tutti gli aggiornamenti saranno sostituzioni complete della raccolta. Al momento non esiste un metodo di aggiornamento, devo solo eliminare i vecchi file ed estrarre quelli nuovi.

Ok perfetto! 

Quando uscirà la versione 1.0 poi ci dirai come fare per aggiornare. 

Grazie a te e al tuo magnifico lavoro. ❤️

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Zombeaver said:

Not too bad I suppose, most of the work has just been tweaking values in presets, which is still ongoing. I've made several more improvements since the last screenshots.

I've added additional options to the configurator for adjusting the settings via Shaders > HSM Mega Bezel. You can enable it (it's mutually exclusive from the other included shader presets because it needs to use Vulkan instead of GL) or disable it, choose from the included presets, and enable or disable the intro (the animation where the TV turns on in the beginning). And if you're using one of the generic ones you can swap out the overlays via the Overlay section. These basically just run different bats to change values, overwrite files, etc. in accordance with whatever you choose.

image.thumb.png.9c8e26b1f285498addc02127d6c06186.png

Thank you Zombeaver. Nice to have those extra options through the configurator.
Am now really looking forward to the next release of c64 dreams!!!

Commodore C64 is major part of my childhood. To relive it through this great set and tremendous work of art of yours is really amazing and much appreciated. So my humble thanks to you Sir.

8 hours ago, PaulyC said:

Would you be able to share your videos please?   I use Bigbox as well and this would be a great addition.

And kudos to you @Zombeaver for your amazing work.  It takes some dedication to do something of this scale and make it run so well, look so good and install so easilly.  Hats off to your sir. 👍

i will try upload them here in zip format. Slow connection so give it a few days.

@Zombeaver I'm having a couple of issues with the controls.   I can't get an enable hotkey button to work on the keyboard so i can't enter retroarches menu and stuff with the keyboard. Everything works as it should when i hold select on the controller but nothing on the keyboard will work for the initial hotkey. 

The problem i also have and i'm not sure this is anything to do with the way you have this set up is or not, is that i use the Pause/Break button on the keyboard to let launchbox bring up the pause screen showing controls and such.  So even with holding select (or a keyboard hotkey when i get it working) that won't work so ideally i'd just want to allow the Pause/Break button to be always accessible somehow without using a enable hotkey button.

Lastly i use select and start from the controller to quit games in bigbox, on C64 dreams that shows the controls/notes.  Can i edit that somewhere so i can change the buttons so i can still show the controls/notes?

1 hour ago, PaulyC said:

I can't get an enable hotkey button to work on the keyboard so i can't enter retroarches menu and stuff with the keyboard. Everything works as it should when i hold select on the controller but nothing on the keyboard will work for the initial hotkey.

The keyboard enable hotkeys key is Numpad Minus.

1 hour ago, PaulyC said:

The problem i also have and i'm not sure this is anything to do with the way you have this set up is or not, is that i use the Pause/Break button on the keyboard to let launchbox bring up the pause screen showing controls and such.  So even with holding select (or a keyboard hotkey when i get it working) that won't work so ideally i'd just want to allow the Pause/Break button to be always accessible somehow without using a enable hotkey button.

C64 Dreams doesn't use Launchbox's pause menu at all. You're on your own for that as it's not an intended part of the functionality here. Everything is done externally or via Retroarch. Swapping to the controls screen is done via overlays in Retroarch. Swapping to manuals is done via additional third party software, external to Launchbox. It's not designed to use Launchbox's pause menu to do anything.

1 hour ago, PaulyC said:

Lastly i use select and start from the controller to quit games in bigbox, on C64 dreams that shows the controls/notes.  Can i edit that somewhere so i can change the buttons so i can still show the controls/notes?

Pretty much the only thing you could change it to is Select + LB. You'd need to open the Retroarch folder and edit retroarch.cfg and search for the "input_overlay_next_btn" parameter and change it from "6" (Start) to "4" (LB) and then change the "input_exit_emulator_btn" parameter from "4" to "nul"

1 hour ago, Zombeaver said:

The keyboard enable hotkeys key is Numpad Minus.

Thanks for the quick reply.  Numpad Minus works great,  i searched the topic and saw you said a while ago it was numpad asterix so was trying that and tried changing it in retroarch but that didnt work either but all is good with - now.

C64 Dreams doesn't use Launchbox's pause menu at all. You're on your own for that as it's not an intended part of the functionality here. Everything is done externally or via Retroarch. Swapping to the controls screen is done via overlays in Retroarch. Swapping to manuals is done via additional third party software, external to Launchbox. It's not designed to use Launchbox's pause menu to do anything.

OK cool,  I don't think i could get it to work unless i disabled the hotkeys and then that would mess up the cores keyboard inputs so i'll just leave it as is.

Pretty much the only thing you could change it to is Select + LB. You'd need to open the Retroarch folder and edit retroarch.cfg and search for the "input_overlay_next_btn" parameter and change it from "6" (Start) to "4" (LB) and then change the "input_exit_emulator_btn" parameter from "4" to "nul"

That worked perfectly, thanks.

On 10/13/2022 at 4:53 PM, PaulyC said:

Brilliant, thanks.

This set fills the videos for 1291 C64 Dreams games.
Just drop the folder 'C64 Dreams' in your launchbox\videos folder and you should be good to go.

EDIT October 23th : Please use the updated and cleaned up set

Edited by launchretrogirl2562
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/15/2022 at 9:30 AM, PaulyC said:

Just drop the folder 'C64 Dreams' in your launchbox\videos folder and you should be good to go.

Wow! This is really great. Thanks for sharing.

@Zombeaver A few days ago I met 'Soundmagician' Chris Huelsbeck at an amiga-party in germany and did an interview. We talked about his C64 game "To be on top" and I wanted to show a few seconds of that game during the interview, but I was not able to get in game. I disabled fastloader when it asked for it (which should be the default behaviour I think), but after the title picture there was only a black screen. Enabling fastloader made things worse (as I expected). Can you reproduce this issue or am I doing something wrong on my side? It's actually the first game I tried, which didn't run out of the box. Thanks for your help & your time!

EDIT: Please forget what I wrote - exept the 'thanks'-part ;). A few hours and a restart later I tried again and couldn't believe that it's now working. Before posting I tried like 3 or 4 times to be sure and it never worked, but I did not restart the computer. Maybe that was the reason. Sorry for the false alarm!

Edited by hoderer
its working now

On 10/14/2022 at 3:31 PM, launchretrogirl2562 said:

1465188781_C64Dreams.zip 1.79 GB · 22 downloads

Unfortunately, there is a lot wrong with this upload. You have the same video for many different games with similar names.  For example, You use the same video for Blood Brothers, Blood Money, Blood Valley, and Blood.  I'm not sure what method you used to create these, but there's probably easily half of them that are wrong.  If you look at the folder content as thumbnails, you can see how many entries have the same video as the game alphabetically next to it.  Your efforts are definitely appreciated, but you might want to check your method and output.  Here's just a small selection to show what I am referring to.

image.thumb.png.f38eff71324fc5e1a992e2c6831ac152.png

As an observation, what you say is absolutely valid and correct, and yet things like Blue Max &Blue Max 2001 have different images, as do BMX Simulator, BMX Simulator 2, BMX Trials and BMX Racers.  BMX Kids and BMX Ninja are the same though.

Weird, and intriguing.