LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox 2019 New Feature Poll

Jason Carr

LaunchBox 2019 New Feature Poll  

1,698 members have voted

1. 1. Round 1 - Choose all features that you would like to prioritize:

• New Paid Android Version (Select Games on the Desktop, Export to Android)
    • Platform-specific Zoom and Aspect Ratios for LaunchBox
    • Marquee Video Support, Customization Options for Placement and Image Types
    • Add Alternate Names, Game Type, Max Players, Wikipedia Link, and Video Link fields from the LaunchBox Games Database to LaunchBox
    • Integrated Retroarch Netplay Lobby Browser
    • Display Platform/Playlist/Category Information in the LaunchBox Game Details Sidebar when No Game is Selected
    • Add Sort By Options to Big Box (another item in the alphanumeric list)
    • Integrate MAME High Scores and Show Community Scores
    • Disable Certain Controllers (such as Flight Sticks), Multiple Controllers with Different Bindings
    • Bulk Edit Additional Apps
    • Per-Game AutoHotkey Script Support
    • Previous and Next Buttons in LaunchBox Edit Window
    • Automatic Multi-Disc Playlist Creation for Retroarch
    • Backup and Restore Options for Data and Settings
    • Big Box Wall View Overhaul
    • Game Screenshot Grabber
    • Big Box Theme-Specific Settings (Save and Restore Settings for Each Theme)
    • Indicator/Icon for Games with Multiple Versions Available
    • Bulk Edit Platform and Move Media to Proper Folders
    • Option to Reverse Sort Order in LaunchBox
  2. 2. Round 2 - Choose all features that you would like to prioritize:

• Amiga WHD Name Conversion (Like MAME)
    • Icons for Types of Controls (Keyboard/Mouse, PS4/Xbox Controller, Wiimote, Nunchuk, etc.)
    • API importer for GOG
    • Option to Force Update Games Database Metadata
    • Option to Manually Check for Updates
    • Retro Achievements Gamer Score, Profile, and Leaderboards
    • Proper Support for Year-Only Release Dates
    • Auditing Overhaul - Add Missing Fields and Allow Full-Library Audits
    • Parsec Integration
    • Allow Launch With for Additional Apps/Versions
    • Media Cleanup Overhaul - Review/Change Items, Move to Folder or Delete
    • Xbox Controller and PS4 Controller Home Button Support
    • New Document Fields for Hintbooks, Cheats, and Maps
    • Video Clip Grabber for Missing Videos
    • Steam Achievements in Details like Retro Achievements
    • Visual icon/indicator for Broken Games
    • Filter to Games with Missing Media
    • Proper Support for MAME Software Lists
    • Big Box Parental Restrictions (Use Pin Code to Hide Games with Certain Ratings)
    • Option to Name Media via ROM File Name instead of Game Title (where possible, won't work for non-ROM-based platforms)

This poll is closed to new votes

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/24/2020 at 3:32 PM, mcfilmmakers said:

Here's hoping #28 makes it in before the next poll...

The cutoff is at #20, so unfortunately no.

3 hours ago, Mike Stewart said:

Hi Jason. You've made huge inroads to the last poll list, and with 11.8 another two have been chalked off. Out of interest, because I love the innovation, drive and determination you have for continuous improvement of LaunchBox and BigBox, what is your current plan in terms of timing of the next poll? 

Not exactly sure at this point. We do have a few things we want to get in in addition to the last two poll items before putting out a new poll.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I know that this is not a feature mentioned but the scratching of game data in another language would really be the absolute functionality of this magnificent software that I love so much, for my part I translate my game files one by one and to the limit an option that retrieves users' game files and centralizes them in the Game DB database so that the whole community can benefit from them

sincerely lauchbox is the most successful and most relevant front end for roms collector i do not regret my lifetime license but this little extra would be great in the near future or if not to be able to use the screen scraper translations in the launchbox without What a mess I hope not to be too off topic anyway thank you for this great job

sorry for my english i'm french and i don't express myself very well in english

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2020 at 2:57 AM, TOnino83 said:

I know that this is not a feature mentioned but the scratching of game data in another language would really be the absolute functionality of this magnificent software that I love so much, for my part I translate my game files one by one and to the limit an option that retrieves users' game files and centralizes them in the Game DB database so that the whole community can benefit from them

sincerely lauchbox is the most successful and most relevant front end for roms collector i do not regret my lifetime license but this little extra would be great in the near future or if not to be able to use the screen scraper translations in the launchbox without What a mess I hope not to be too off topic anyway thank you for this great job

sorry for my english i'm french and i don't express myself very well in english

for me it would be the best feature I can ask for

• 3 months later...

This is probably crazy, but I'd love to see you guys develop a media player akin to Kodi/Plex. You've got Launchbox/Bigbox and Musicbox. Add a media player to that portfolio and provide an all in one interface for the three would be a dream come true. 

I can kind of get there by adding a platform called Media (or whatever) and put shortcuts to Netflix, Amazon Prime video and Kodi. The kodi shortcut is very finicky for some reason. Works one day, not the next. 

You guys develop awesome apps. I'd love to see an all in one app like this. That way I could get the same functionality of my Nvidia ShieldTV combined with the awesomeness of Bigbox and Musicbox all in one Windows based HTPC. 

• Like 1