LaunchBox Community Forums

9.11-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

On 7/31/2019 at 5:39 AM, PattersonCZ said:

If @Jason Carr want do android version it is ok with me , i was even excited but no sync between two versions ? waste of money and potential. I imagined if i have free time in work i can add some games to LB on my phone so i can play in my off work time but without sync it is useless. Now i will have two versions to maintain so more work. No thank you. 

Please keep in mind that nothing would ever come out if we tried to do everything under the sun all at once. Version 1 for Android is shaping up well and you'll be able to export your desktop collection, as it is, to Android. A sync may be possible eventually, but to call it a useless waste just because it's still in development is pretty far beyond ignorant. Please stop spewing useless negativity.

• Like 3

Amazing ? didn't think you'd move along this quickly on Android development as well ?.. 

Question/idea if the windows platform XML and more off ones setup can be backed up and imported over.  Maybe on import it could show the platforms color cooded for Android compatibility if there's a usable

Example green the same as used on windows is available. 

Yellow another Emulator is available for Android. 

Red nothing available. 

10 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Please keep in mind that nothing would ever come out if we tried to do everything under the sun all at once. Version 1 for Android is shaping up well and you'll be able to export your desktop collection, as it is, to Android. A sync may be possible eventually, but to call it a useless waste just because it's still in development is pretty far beyond ignorant. Please stop spewing useless negativity.

I am sorry if it sounds rude or negatively. Really i am. But when i look to your other project (yes music box alpha) where progress is literaly nonexistent i am afraid it will end the same. From the perspective of common user why he should choose LB when on market is similar solution with android app and working sync (i dont say it is better) ? I know you are alone or small team but i think some things are like basic. If to have android app to desktop solution , sync between this two is like first thing users will want. If they dont find it they move somewhere else.  And i check time from time for new features but most see LB and its fantastic android app and after that he realise no sync available so he type Launchbox alternative to google and move away. 

So saying sync will be somewhere in future and seeing how other apps development go i can say it will be available like in two years ? Some people dont care if it will be in two years but how i put it. It is my opinion and i am probably wrong.  Please dont take it personally i really dont want to be rude. (and my bad english dont help it) . But in my opinion you are trying take more then you can chew. You start new things without finishing old ones. Music box alpha is sad example. And i am really worried that you start android app and after few years without finishing it you will start another thing. I know we cant have everything on release but in my opinion sync between android and desktop LB is basic one. Things like remote start (yes i was even think about that) i find secondary. LB start grow very fast and maybe you need to expand your team to make things in weeks or months no years.

Sorry for long text. Really my opinion , maybe i dont understand programming but from my look of things even basic or easy to implement things take too long. 

Again i dont want to be rude or attack you (i am sorry if it sound like it)

7 hours ago, ALIE said:

Amazing ? didn't think you'd move along this quickly on Android development as well ?.. 

Question/idea if the windows platform XML and more off ones setup can be backed up and imported over.  Maybe on import it could show the platforms color cooded for Android compatibility if there's a usable

Example green the same as used on windows is available. 

Yellow another Emulator is available for Android. 

Red nothing available. 

You're reading my mind. This is part of the current plans for the export process, though it's not currently color-coded.

7 hours ago, harryoke said:

@Jason Carr I am available for testing purposes, I have experience in software & hardware testing during my PS3 scene days.

i have a nvidia shield and lots of free time.

I will let everyone in this thread know when a beta version of the app is available on the Play store. :)

2 hours ago, PattersonCZ said:

I am sorry if it sounds rude or negatively. Really i am. But when i look to your other project (yes music box alpha) where progress is literaly nonexistent i am afraid it will end the same. From the perspective of common user why he should choose LB when on market is similar solution with android app and working sync (i dont say it is better) ? I know you are alone or small team but i think some things are like basic. If to have android app to desktop solution , sync between this two is like first thing users will want. If they dont find it they move somewhere else.  And i check time from time for new features but most see LB and its fantastic android app and after that he realise no sync available so he type Launchbox alternative to google and move away. 

So saying sync will be somewhere in future and seeing how other apps development go i can say it will be available like in two years ? Some people dont care if it will be in two years but how i put it. It is my opinion and i am probably wrong.  Please dont take it personally i really dont want to be rude. (and my bad english dont help it) . But in my opinion you are trying take more then you can chew. You start new things without finishing old ones. Music box alpha is sad example. And i am really worried that you start android app and after few years without finishing it you will start another thing. I know we cant have everything on release but in my opinion sync between android and desktop LB is basic one. Things like remote start (yes i was even think about that) i find secondary. LB start grow very fast and maybe you need to expand your team to make things in weeks or months no years.

Sorry for long text. Really my opinion , maybe i dont understand programming but from my look of things even basic or easy to implement things take too long. 

Again i dont want to be rude or attack you (i am sorry if it sound like it)

Music Box Alpha's progress is not nonexistent. In the last year, we've added metadata editing (a big job), CD ripping (a big job), three different music playback engines (a big job), Fanart.tv support (a big job), and a whole bunch of other, smaller things. You're barking up a nonexistent tree with useless negativity.

It's not a matter of being rude, or how "nicely" you complain. You're complaining about things that are beyond your understanding, and just spreading toxic negativity here. Nothing you've said is helpful, and again I would ask that you stop. I could explain to you many things in more detail, but I have a feeling it would just fall on deaf ears.

1 hour ago, Darkseid001 said:

Lol well ok will big box be available on android or will it just be launch box?

The first version will be more like LaunchBox than Big Box, but we'll definitely be adding Big Box-like views and features soon after. On Android it will all be contained in one app.

1 hour ago, bbweiners said:

Do we know what it'll cost?

Early on, it will be available for $5. All licenses will be forever-updates licenses on Android, no subscription model. Later on, once it's more fully-featured, we may up the price to $10.

• Like 2
  • Unusual Gem 2

2 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

You're reading my mind. This is part of the current plans for the export process, though it's not currently color-coded.

I will let everyone in this thread know when a beta version of the app is available on the Play store. :)

Music Box Alpha's progress is not nonexistent. In the last year, we've added metadata editing (a big job), CD ripping (a big job), three different music playback engines (a big job), Fanart.tv support (a big job), and a whole bunch of other, smaller things. You're barking up a nonexistent tree with useless negativity.

It's not a matter of being rude, or how "nicely" you complain. You're complaining about things that are beyond your understanding, and just spreading toxic negativity here. Nothing you've said is helpful, and again I would ask that you stop. I could explain to you many things in more detail, but I have a feeling it would just fall on deaf ears.

The first version will be more like LaunchBox than Big Box, but we'll definitely be adding Big Box-like views and features soon after. On Android it will all be contained in one app.

Early on, it will be available for $5. All licenses will be forever-updates licenses on Android, no subscription model. Later on, once it's more fully-featured, we may up the price to $10.

I would definitely put LB on my shield when available so take my 5 dollars!!

• Game On 1

He He.. 

I am curious how long it takes for Google to approve. I mean with Windows you can push Betas out as you please, Playstore has the atautorisation time which I understand is usually 24 hours but can be days...  Maybe the APK can be downloaded on the forums for quick beta testing?...  Speaking of Forum will a complete Android section be made 

mindreader.png

Edited by ALIE

1 minute ago, ALIE said:

He He.. 

I am curious how long it takes for Google to approve. I mean with Windows you can push Betas out as you please Playstore has the atautorisation time which I understand is usually 24 hours but can be days...  Maybe the APK can be downloaded on the forums for quick beta testing?...  Speaking of Forum will a complete Android section be made 

mindreader.png

The Google Play store is actually pretty amazing in that regard. Most of the time it's practically instant. No actual humans are involved in the process, which has its positives and negatives, for sure, but it does mean that it's pretty much instant after I release it. Apple on the other hand... ;)

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

That seems like a really smart price point.

• Like 2

Just now, Jason Carr said:

The Google Play store is actually pretty amazing in that regard. Most of the time it's practically instant. No actual humans are involved in the process, which has its positives and negatives, for sure, but it does mean that it's pretty much instant after I release it. Apple on the other hand... ;)

Ok cool I'm just going from what the internet told me.  Damn internet lying to me (Shakes Fist In Anger) 

Ewf.gif

• Like 1

If you look at all the platforms retroarch is available on its insane they have all bases covered.  I had no idea you could install it on like a ps3 so really having LB available on as many platforms as possible isn't that bad an idea as long as it doesn't take away from windows development!!!

2 minutes ago, Darkseid001 said:

If you look at all the platforms retroarch is available on its insane they have all bases covered.  I had no idea you could install it on like a ps3 so really having LB available on as many platforms as possible isn't that bad an idea as long as it doesn't take away from windows development!!!

Sadly I don't think PS3 runs Android. At this point, it's only for Android-based devices.

• Like 1