LaunchBox Community Forums

9.11-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

3 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Liking what I see so far. Looks fairly straightforward, too. I actually need to buy a new smartphone, coincidentally. The Moto G7 Plus currently seems like the best bang for the buck, but I usually don't keep track of smartphone models until I need to buy one, so just curious if anyone here has some experience with it or some recommendations in that price range (roughly $250 USD).

I typically don't enjoy mobile gaming due to touch screen controls, but fortunately, I bought one of those cellphone clips that work with 8bitdo controllers, so it looks like I'll be getting more use out of that! There are plenty of good solutions like that. Looking forward to messing around with this!

10 minutes ago, PurpleTentacle said:

I typically don't enjoy mobile gaming due to touch screen controls,

Yeah if you don't have a BT controller to emulate with then its not worth doing it at all touch controls are terrible.

Just now, DOS76 said:

Yeah if you don't have a BT controller to emulate with then its not worth doing it at all touch controls are terrible.

Yup, although I think you could stick to stuff like turn based RPGs & be fine with touchscreen controls. That's why I enjoyed Knights of Pen & Paper 1 so much. Very easy to control, yet still fun. That bluetooth controller that ETA Prime was using looked really interesting, though! Apparently, it's the Saitake 7007X. Maybe if I get into this enough I'll pick one up for myself (I kind of dislike syncing my controllers up all the time, so it would be nice to have a dedicated one).

4 hours ago, FlightRisk said:

Ok, thanks for the education. Guess we'll see what happens.

FlightRisk, by any chance are you an iPhone user?? Up until now, the Windows version of LaunchBox and BigBox  have become extremely mature in development and a few years ago when it wasn't so "mature", I recall that Jason rejected the idea of porting LaunchBox to Android. However, now mobile gaming is a really big market probably more so than PC gaming, since more people of all ages and backgrounds are using their smartphones for a variety of uses, much more so than desktop or laptop computers. This is especially true here in South Korea, where the Android gaming market/scene has become gigantic, mostly Android games but also emulation. And with the release of an Android version, it could (and should) potentially expose a lot of smartphone users to the Windows version of LaunchBox, making it a win-win situation from a marketing perspective. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, FlightRisk said:

Ok, thanks for the education. Guess we'll see what happens.

Not sure why you have to wait to see what happens things are already happening. While Jason has developed the first release of Android version we got a couple betas released as well. Even while Jason was developing Music Box, development on LaunchBox features still came at a consistent pace. I see no signs of LaunchBox taking any back seat. 

Happy to see Jason possibly adding new users to his software and giving others another platform to have fun with. 

2 minutes ago, ALIE said:

Question. Will LB Android easily be able to import games downloaded from the App store.. Sorry if it's a dumbass question ??

I dont believe so in its current form, it requires a existing windows build to export from to start with. This is only the first beta however, so who knows in the future.

I just wanted to give a little input on the LB for Android. I have been rooting for this for a year or 2 now as I love my LB/BB and am thrilled to see it happening!

From what I have learned so far, I think the export from a PC feature is genius!  I love that it copies of my artwork, as I have done much customization to it for speed rather than scraping again.

I am extremely curious how well or even if the new LB app is going to play well with SMB shares / NAS's, etc. If you have TB's of games as I do, it is essential to not have multiple copies every where, but be able to have to stored in one place and all the devices be able to access them from the single location. I am able to do that now using my current front-end on my android devices. Anyone have any info on this?

Hi. I have come across an issue with android export in launchbox. Please remove if this is in the wrong spot. When I export ps1 games, I have a game with 4 disc's, all have .cue and .bin files. It will only copy the cue from disc one, and that's all and no othe bins or cues for disc one to four. The same happens with single disc games with cue files, it will just export the cue and not the associated bin file. Thanks for the great work though. Been using launchbox since 2014 ish. Have a great day!

2 minutes ago, GonjaT said:

Hi. I have come across an issue with android export in launchbox. Please remove if this is in the wrong spot. When I export ps1 games, I have a game with 4 disc's, all have .cue and .bin files. It will only copy the cue from disc one, and that's all and no othe bins or cues for disc one to four. The same happens with single disc games with cue files, it will just export the cue and not the associated bin file. Thanks for the great work though. Been using launchbox since 2014 ish. Have a great day!

Well this will be because when you imported those into Launchbox you only imported the .cue files, which is the correct method. So Launchbox only has data to export those specific files. I can see that being a bit of a issue though, although im not sure how that would be solved with the current method as Launchbox essentially does not know those files exist. 

5 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Well this will be because when you imported those into Launchbox you only imported the .cue files, which is the correct method. So Launchbox only has data to export those specific files. I can see that being a bit of a issue though, although im not sure how that would be solved with the current method as Launchbox essentially does not know those files exist. 

I guess I can try to manually add the files and edit the xml. Maybe launchbox can add a feature to copy all files with a wildcard after the game name of the file to transfer all files with a similar file name kinda like a fuzzy match transfer? I'm not a programmer but just adding what I think may work. Ty

Edited by GonjaT

9 minutes ago, GonjaT said:

Sorry I keep double posting. Do you have a bat file or anything to convert multidiscs to chd? I can only convert each cue/bin to

disk 1.chd

disk 2.chd

disk 3.chd with the current script (I even googled)

I would like it as

GameName.chd

with all discs in one file like a .pbp? I dont even know if its possible with chd. Thanks in advance!

You cant do that with CHD, it will be one CHD per disc.

• Like 1