LaunchBox Community Forums

9.11-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

I have yet to be able to replicate this. I've tested it on several occasions, and it seems to be working fine, so I'm lost on it currently. Has anyone else seen any issues with background music randomization?

No its a thing Google it lol

4 minutes ago, ALIE said:

I keep checking the Playstore like a fool ?... 

I've been back and forth with them several times now. Hopefully the one I submitted this morning will be the last revision. There's been a lot of confusion about whether the app is a game or not, and Google hasn't exactly been straightforward with me in explaining exactly what needs changed. But anyways, yeah. If we're lucky, it'll be ready today.

But yes, I'll announce it once it's live for sure. :)

• Like 3

On 8/16/2019 at 6:29 PM, Jason Carr said:

Also, watch ETA Prime's channel on YouTube. He's going to be putting out a teaser video later today.

Not like it's the first Frontend on Android. Don't see what they dont understand ? but yah we will all need some patience. 

Edited by ALIE

One more thing that I do want to mention: anyone can test the Android export process by going to Tools > Export to Android in the LaunchBox beta. You don't have to have the app installed to get a collection ready on your Android device. Then, when you do get the app installed, your collection will automatically show up in the app.

• Like 2

Please help me understand anyone wanting a focus on Android. Certainly not for phones, correct? I imagine you could run games 90s and before on a phone and maybe if you are bored, that tiny screen is something you could use in a doctor's waiting room. And if you had an Android tablet, with an unusual amount of power, maybe you could emulate more games. But I too am disappointed that Windows is taking a back seat. It would be interesting to see how many people have cabinets/bartops, PCs (where even a 10 year old one is more powerful than a phone), vs. Android devices. Maybe I am wrong and need to be educated as to benefits I am missing.

Edited by FlightRisk

Does this really need to be explained again ?

There are other Android devices out there that are set top boxes and hook up to the TV, things like the Nvidia Shield TV.

The Windows desktop version is not taking a backseat at all.

There has been a lot of interest for a very long time for an Android version of Launchbox because of an apparent lack of good frontends for the platform and this will be another source of income for Jason so he can continue working on Launchbox.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, FlightRisk said:

Please help me understand anyone wanting a focus on Android. Certainly not for phones, correct? I imagine you could run games 90s and before on a phone and maybe if you are bored, that tiny screen is something you could use in a doctor's waiting room. And if you had an Android tablet, with an unusual amount of power, maybe you could emulate more games. But I too am disappointed that Windows is taking a back seat. It would be interesting to see how many people have cabinets/bartops, PCs (where even a 10 year old one is more powerful than a phone), vs. Android devices. Maybe I am wrong and need to be educated as to benefits I am missing.

I have a recent phone with a 6 inch screen which has a fast CPU and 6GB of ram that will play up to GameCube. I also have two controllers that have phone clips for a perfectly decent portable emulation system.

I imagine the option to stream to a Chromecast will also be supported and if that is the case then you aren't restrained to just small screens. I've personally had emulators set up on phones for years now and I've always had a good time with them when having some down time or at the doctors office. Most phones don't really have what I would call tiny screens anyway and are bigger than most of the handhelds people grew up playing on

Edit: on inspection the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 I have has almost as large a screen as my Switch so really not that tiny.