LaunchBox Community Forums

9.11-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

• 2 weeks later...

Beta 4 (of the desktop app) is out now with the following:

• The Android exporter now allows you to choose what types of media you want to export
  • The Android exporter now does a better job of prioritizing the correct images to use, such as using proper Box Front images if they are available instead of another category (like advertisement flyers)
  • The Android exporter now allows exporting background images for use in the newest beta of the Android app (out later today)
  • The Android exporter now has minimal support for bin/cue files, but only if they are named the same (such as Mario.bin and Mario.cue)
  • The Android exporter is now much more stable, and truncates file names if file paths are too long
  • Fixed a glitch with attract mode in Big Box where in some cases the speed was unlimited and not obeying the attract mode settings

The associated Android release will be out in a bit with background images for the boxes view. I am hoping to put out the 10.0 official release early next week, along with the 1.0 official release of the Android app. :)

• Like 6

@Jason Carr is there any way to mass-edit a platform to add additional app after launch , as i need to use it for fm towns emulation using daemon tools to mount the iso & then launch unz.exe for the emulation , but i dont want to have to go through 100's of games changing it manually.

If not could you consider adding this function please.

Edited by harryoke

Just now, harryoke said:

@Jason Carr is there any way to mass-edit a platform to add additional app after launch , as i need to use it for fm towns emulation using daemon tools to mount the iso & then launch unz.exe for the emulation , but i dont want to have to go through 100's of games changing it manually.

Not currently, sadly. That keeps going on polls and never seems to get enough votes. I'll get it in there eventually anyways, though. But currently, there's not really a good way to do it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Meh, we're almost to the official release now. ;)

Makes it not better ? and from the marketing perspective you shouldn’t call this release version 10 because of lacking new killer features for a new version. It is more a bug fixing version. Android cannot be your argument for this windows release/

50 minutes ago, Chris Kant said:

Makes it not better ? and from the marketing perspective you shouldn’t call this release version 10 because of lacking new killer features for a new version. It is more a bug fixing version. Android cannot be your argument for this windows release/

Marketing schmarketing.

11 hours ago, harryoke said:

If not could you consider adding this function please.

Harry, check this topic out:

I used this workaround to bulk add a 3rd party tool to some of my PC games.

• Like 2

On 9/9/2019 at 1:34 AM, Chris Kant said:

I don't have any android devices. I hate using android. That said, the addition of a third pillar to Launchbox IS worthy of a whole point release, whether you care for that pillar or not.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ZeSystem said:

I'm not quite sure if I read about this or not as my memory is foggy, but is there a feature where it opens up the small context menu of launch options on WheelGamesView without going to the details screen?

You're probably thinking of the Text Games View, which will go directly into the game details without switching screens. The wheel screens have never done that though.