LaunchBox Community Forums

9.11-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

15 hours ago, DOS76 said:

I don't think it does that but you can turn off game details in the settings and then go to your controller or keyboard settings and add a key that will open the game details view if you have need of using it.

14 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

You're probably thinking of the Text Games View, which will go directly into the game details without switching screens. The wheel screens have never done that though.

I see. I can't turn off game details because I still need the option "Launch with..." for many games.

Please consider adding a key binding (for controllers too) for opening a small context menu for added launch options! :)

3 hours ago, ZeSystem said:

I see. I can't turn off game details because I still need the option "Launch with..." for many games.

As @DOS76 said you can set the game details screen to a button, and just hit that button when you need it. This is how i have had my Bigbox setup since i started using it, i have game details screen turned off in the options and have it set to the "Start" button on my controller for when i need it for Launch with or adding a favorite etc.

2 hours ago, neil9000 said:

As @DOS76 said you can set the game details screen to a button, and just hit that button when you need it. This is how i have had my Bigbox setup since i started using it, i have game details screen turned off in the options and have it set to the "Start" button on my controller for when i need it for Launch with or adding a favorite etc.

No, I got that. That's what I do now, (I have set it to 'Y') but the transition to game details screen is a bit slow and it's just a few more extra button presses I want to avoid.

I have two MAME versions. One configured for playing and one for streaming. The latter disables portaudio and removes some filters so it works better for broadcasting. I have transition disabled, but it still feels unresponsive and I just wanted a small context menu to make launching faster and snappier.

It took me quite a while to get 11.1 working. It kept hanging on the install screen for Framework 4.8. One time, it gave an error that it couldn't close some launchbox screens, but it took several minutes for that screen to come up. After terminating processes, rebooting, etc. It finally worked on the 4th or 5th try. 

There was a Windows update regarding .NET Framework today and Lauchbox has been crashing after the loading screen. I cannot get it to run.

EDIT: Found the issue. If you're having the same problem after installing KB4514359, the culprit was actually RTSS. Go to the settings and reset your RTSS cache and WPF apps should now run without crashing.

Edited by ZeSystem

1 hour ago, ZeSystem said:

There was a Windows update regarding .NET Framework today and Lauchbox has been crashing after the loading screen. I cannot get it to run.

EDIT: Found the issue. If you're having the same problem after installing KB4514359, the culprit was actually RTSS. Go to the settings and reset your RTSS cache and WPF apps should now run without crashing.

Yeah Riva Tuner has been know for quite a while now to cause issues every now and then. We will usually recommend adding an exception to it for Launchbox and BigBox exe's. 

On 9/11/2019 at 7:23 AM, ZeSystem said:

No, I got that. That's what I do now, (I have set it to 'Y') but the transition to game details screen is a bit slow and it's just a few more extra button presses I want to avoid.

I have two MAME versions. One configured for playing and one for streaming. The latter disables portaudio and removes some filters so it works better for broadcasting. I have transition disabled, but it still feels unresponsive and I just wanted a small context menu to make launching faster and snappier.

Gotcha. That's not a small job, because it would be a new type of interface element in Big Box (we don't really do that anywhere else). But I'll consider it.

2 hours ago, FlightRisk said:

It took me quite a while to get 11.1 working. It kept hanging on the install screen for Framework 4.8. One time, it gave an error that it couldn't close some launchbox screens, but it took several minutes for that screen to come up. After terminating processes, rebooting, etc. It finally worked on the 4th or 5th try. 

Sorry for the trouble. Thankfully, installing the new framework is just a one-time thing. I know there's always going to be one-off issues with installing new versions of the .NET Framework, so I always make sure I have a good reason for upgrading before I do.

2 hours ago, ZeSystem said:

At this point I'm wondering if we should put a big warning at the top of the app that says "Riva Tuner causes issues". Lol.