Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums
Jason Carr

LaunchBox for Android 0.6 Beta Released!

Recommended Posts

image.thumb.png.5ca3be3070d3c261455417eafa589791.pngI got the above error when copying over GBA games. To workaround, I just cancel the copy, rename the file (took out the languages listed in the file name) and it then worked. Happened with multiple GBA files (very verbose names it seems). But just wanted to raise in case you want to put in some helpful error handling. 

 

Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to be a pest - one observation from last night I had we with respect to MAME. On my launchbox I use MAME 2.01 and the consequence of that is that the export to Android dumps a bunch of ROMS which are not going to work with android Retroarch - at least thats my experience so far. So to use the export you probably need to ensure you are using an older version of MAME that has compatible cores in Retroarch. Does that make sense? This is all speculation as I havent gotten Arcade stuff working yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nearvanaman said:

image.thumb.png.5ca3be3070d3c261455417eafa589791.pngI got the above error when copying over GBA games. To workaround, I just cancel the copy, rename the file (took out the languages listed in the file name) and it then worked. Happened with multiple GBA files (very verbose names it seems). But just wanted to raise in case you want to put in some helpful error handling. 

 

Thanks. 

Thanks for the report. I've actually solved this already for the next desktop beta (basically I just truncate the file names automatically if the paths get too long).

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lamaman1971 said:

Sorry to be a pest - one observation from last night I had we with respect to MAME. On my launchbox I use MAME 2.01 and the consequence of that is that the export to Android dumps a bunch of ROMS which are not going to work with android Retroarch - at least thats my experience so far. So to use the export you probably need to ensure you are using an older version of MAME that has compatible cores in Retroarch. Does that make sense? This is all speculation as I havent gotten Arcade stuff working yet.

That is correct; that's also why the Export to Android feature yells at you that it won't work, because Android requires a really old ROM set for MAME.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Skidda420 said:

I'm unable to get any emulator to play on Nvidia Shield. I have all the cores in retroarch, I go to launch through launchbox it will open retroarch but then it just hangs there on a black screen. No matter the platform, I get this error (I'm sure it's something on Retroarch's end, not positive) I have also scanned these games into retroarch from the same folder location that LBA uses and they launch from within Retroarch without a hitch.  *scratching my head*  I also tried launching PSP through LBA using PPSSPP gold and get "an error occurred while trying to load the game/emulator:
Unable to find explicit activity class {org.ppsspp.ppssppgold/org.ppsspp.ppssppgold.ppssppactivity}; have you declared this activity in your AndroidManifest.xml?"  error.
 

Per PPSSPP, it may unfortunately be broken when it comes to launching games directly. I keep searching the web for a solution that actually works, but I keep running into dead ends. For example:

https://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=16517

If anyone has any details on a method that actually works to launch PPSSPP or PPSSPP Gold directly to a game, please let me know. As it stands, I'm finding topics for both Arc Browser and Hyperspin for Android that suggest that it's broken for both, at least according to forum topics that I've found. Anyone know of a frontend that it's actually working for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jason Carr

It's when I boot the actual game, not lb. Attached is a screenshot of the error. I've tried new, SNES and genesis and get this error ALTHOUGH N64 boots fine

Screenshot_20190829-124035.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kmetz7547 said:

@Jason Carr

It's when I boot the actual game, not lb. Attached is a screenshot of the error. I've tried new, SNES and genesis and get this error ALTHOUGH N64 boots fine

Screenshot_20190829-124035.jpg

I see. That suggests that perhaps the ROM file is missing. Can you check to make 100% sure that the ROM file for that game actually exists on the SD card? The next version I put out will confirm this before attempting to extract the file or launch the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh I'm 1000% sure it's on my sd card.. and when I move it all back to phone directory they load fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kmetz7547 said:

Oh I'm 1000% sure it's on my sd card.. and when I move it all back to phone directory they load fine. 

Sometimes copying things to the SD card doesn't work properly; I've seen that myself. So you definitely need to make sure that it shows up on the SD card. You'll need to go to the actual folder and look for the file. What is the path to the file on the SD card?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my experience the app and game both have to be on the SD card or they won't work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kmetz7547 said:

This shows the path.. on sd card

Screenshot_20190829-125436_ES File Explorer Pro.jpg

That folder size of 66.57mb is to small for the claimed 781 snes roms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kmetz7547 Okay, all I can figure then is that it's some kind of file permissions issue. What device are you using? Also, does it make any difference if you move the actual app to the SD card or back to the internal storage?

1 minute ago, DOS76 said:

In my experience the app and game both have to be on the SD card or they won't work.

In my testing, I'm able to run the app from my internal storage and the data from the SD card on my S10+, all without issues. But I don't know if that works across all devices. I need to do some more testing with some other devices on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

That folder size of 66.57mb is to small for the claimed 781 snes roms.

Those are NES, not SNES, so that 66 megs is about right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jason Carr said:

Those are NES, not SNES, so that 66 megs is about right.

Ha ha my bad, i totally read that as Super Nintendo Entertainment System, whoops. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...