LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox for Android 0.6 Beta Released!

Jason Carr

After deleting the android/data/... directories on both the internal and sdcard, I reinstalled V0.10 on my Galaxy S8 and after the initial white screen freeze, further attempts to start the app seem to work now. I can try this on my Shield tablet later tonight.

Progress!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dragon57 said:

After deleting the android/data/... directories on both the internal and sdcard, I reinstalled V0.10 on my Galaxy S8 and after the initial white screen freeze, further attempts to start the app seem to work now. I can try this on my Shield tablet later tonight.

Progress!

Dragon57

have you been able to write to your SD card and not just the phone memory? if so do you need to give ppermissions? I checked the app on my S9 and it has write access to my SD card

It works fine on my phone memory but cant get it to show on my sd card

cheers

Edited by dunnster

7 minutes ago, dunnster said:

Dragon57

have you been able to write to your SD card and not just the phone memory? if so do you need to give ppermissions? I checked the app on my S9 and it has write access to my SD card

It works fine on my phone memory but cant get it to show on my sd card

cheers

Sorry, I should have mentioned that. No, I have not been able to read from my sdcard. Even though the app seems to create the directory on the internal and sdcard after I deleted them, only by moving the directories to the internal have I been able to get it all to work. I am sure this will be addressed.

4 minutes ago, dragon57 said:

Sorry, I should have mentioned that. No, I have not been able to read from my sdcard. Even though the app seems to create the directory on the internal and sdcard after I deleted them, only by moving the directories to the internal have I been able to get it all to work. I am sure this will be addressed.

Ahh thanks for reply, maybe Im not going mad after all, though I was doing it correctly!!

sure it will come defo 

cheers

• Haha 1

Getting Unexpected Error when trying to install it from The Google Play Store.  Using my PC via Chrome to send to Nvidia Shield TV as it's not listed in Google Play directly on my Shield.  The option to install isn't grayed out so I should be able to install directly from there instead of having to sideload.  Any suggestions?

image.thumb.png.8ab4eb9fb66133bfbd17fe10ec168a15.png

This may be a dumb question but does the "export to Android" option only appear in BigBox? I have the latest Launchbox for PC and trying to figure out how to export for Android but cannot see the option. I'm REALLY hoping the Android version will not require a PC in the future. Thank you. 

1 minute ago, steliokantos said:

This may be a dumb question but does the "export to Android" option only appear in BigBox? I have the latest Launchbox for PC and trying to figure out how to export for Android but cannot see the option. I'm REALLY hoping the Android version will not require a PC in the future. Thank you. 

you need to install the latest beta version (and no doesnt need big box) cheers

• Like 1

Just now, steliokantos said:

So I have to ask, where to get the latest beta? I get 9.10 when I download for PC with the email address. 

into settings and enable in there on the front page of launchbox    tools- options- legacy - check beta

• Like 1

Thought i'd leave a comment, as i couldn't get any of the games to launch after clicking the boxart, it would just quit back to the shield launcher, I have a ssd set to internal storage, and my retroarch was using my ssd's shared storage, moving retroarch back into the shield's internal storage fixed the problem.

I finally got this working last night here is what I had to do. 1st it installed the application to my internal storage then I went into the phones settings and moved the application to my SD card. At that point I did a export from my PC and exported to my SD card, but every time I opened the app it did not show any platforms despite me being able to see them when I browsed to that folder on the SD. So I went poking around in the internal storage and found that there was some files including a license a few other files that were present there but not on the SD card after moving those files to the SD card and reopening the application I could now see my platforms and launch games using RA. Hopefully this will help out anyone else trying to run it from a SD card.

6 hours ago, TRS1977 said:

OK. I did notice that it requires root permission . Can this be a factor? 

If it's requiring root permission to delete that folder, then yes, that's probably the issue. On all the devices I've tested, I've never seen root permissions required to do anything with the /Android/data/com.unbrokensoftware.launchbox folder (or child folders). So maybe that is the cause for crashes, as if the folder can't be read, then it's definitely going to have issues. I'll have to research that further.

6 hours ago, D_argo1 said:

So I purchased and installed, but aparently the platforms section shows blank, options only gives language settings, then the about section with the link to the main site. Is this a common problem? Btw I have roms, emulators and retroarch with cores installed on my device as well.

The app currently requires that you export your collection from the Windows LaunchBox application, and you have to use the beta version. The Android app does not currently automatically pick up whatever ROMs you have on your device already.

6 hours ago, orac31 said:

OK gave this a go only done atari 600 and dreamcast  so far a600 was fine the problem with dreamcast  was it only copied the first track but when i copied the rest manually it worked fine.

question please say i added a game say for snes  then later on added one more would the xmls merge?

by the way gpd xd+

It goes platform-by-platform. So if you export SNES, and then export more SNES, the previous SNES will be overwritten, so you have to export entire platforms. However, after exporting SNES, you can then go and add in NES (for example) at any time. It just has to be a complete platform at a time.

6 hours ago, dunnster said:

samsung s9 plus

copied over files from pc, tried both sd card root and phone root, all i get is the white screen when copying to SD card however recognises if copied to phone?

Any advice guys please

I'm still looking into this. I'm hoping get it figured out and put a fix out tomorrow.

6 hours ago, Skidda420 said:

Still having issues with Nvidia shield and white screen, have deleted the /android/data/com.unbrokensoftware.launchbox folder from the internal storage but still a no go. Uninstalled and reinstalled, S9 is still reading with no issues however.

Gotcha. All I can figure is it's some kind of weird permissions error. I'll get it fixed here soon.

5 hours ago, Akis said:

Did the same as you did, bought it on my phone, also found it on my purchaced apps on GPD but i get this when I try to install it...69140931_2389668467974769_8099968403659292672_n.thumb.jpg.39d51d48f7b22439bd501f10ff7291e9.jpg

This is likely because the device is running a version of Android that is too old. Someone told me that GPD XDs were running Kit Kat, which is ancient. I'm going to look to see if we can support it though.

• Like 1