LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox for Android 0.6 Beta Released!

Jason Carr

Installed on my hawual p20 pro. 

Followed Primes vid on YouTube. 

Had to mess around to get it in the android root location. 

But took forever to copy images for My gameboy colour box art.. 

Games and em are working but no box art in menu. 

What's the path for images for box art? 

Edited by Mu144
Spelling

On 8/29/2019 at 6:31 PM, Lamaman1971 said:

Hi Folks, a few observations :

1. Mame. I exported the games from my PC Launchbox to my GPD XD and then overwrote the .zip files with 0.375b ones from an existing MAME installation. These ROMS run fine in Retroarch under the 2003 core however I still get the black screen if I try to run them from launchbox (with the correct core selected).

Same as well, MAME games run fine in Retroarch standalone (2003-Plus) My ROM set is the 2003-Plus as well.

Launching in Launchbox just gives a black screen, and says Retroarch is not responding, and I have to kill the process.

On 8/29/2019 at 1:17 AM, Jason Carr said:

Version 0.13 is out now with the following:

• Enabled support for Android 4.4 (Kit Kat), primarily for GPD XD devices
  • More robust error handling/reporting for data loading and launching emulators
  • Updated About screen

Nothing all that big for this release, but I'm trying to resolve the one-off crashes that I'm still seeing with certain users/devices on the Play Store. I've also been working on improving the desktop Export to Android wizard, but that's not quite ready for a release yet. That should be out soon though.

You sir are a true professional! Thank you for listening to all of us. You deserve all the credit in the world for what you do.

• Like 1

I have a question if I may,

I own the nVidia Shield Pro 500gb (Discontinued), but as we all know, having LaunchBox our ROMs library might have gotten way bigger than 500gb (3TB in my case), so how to set up said library on an external drive to work with Android version that I will use on the Shield ? ETA didn't show us how in his recent video.

Thanks, and sorry if question was already asked kindly be kind ;)

2 hours ago, TechXero said:

I have a question if I may,

I own the nVidia Shield Pro 500gb (Discontinued), but as we all know, having LaunchBox our ROMs library might have gotten way bigger than 500gb (3TB in my case), so how to set up said library on an external drive to work with Android version that I will use on the Shield ? ETA didn't show us how in his recent video.

Thanks, and sorry if question was already asked kindly be kind ;)

Someone posted steps how they did it a few pages back. Somewhere in the last 3-4 pages. You will have to scan back and find it. 

Purchased the app. Currently have hand picked Retroarch collection. Not sure how this works yet but I don't want to mess with a second LB installation and there is no way I can export my entire collection across multiple external drives onto my smartphone. Can anyone point me to a tutorial for this app? ETA Prime is my go to for all things tutorial. Think I'll head to his channel and see what he has to say.

34 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Someone posted steps how they did it a few pages back. Somewhere in the last 3-4 pages. You will have to scan back and find it. 

I just read that he had mapped his drive to begin with. But I wanna add a new drive how to tell LBA that games n stuff are on external ?

On 8/30/2019 at 4:57 PM, kharil85 said:

#1 I already unistall and reinstall the latest version of retroarch, the problem still there. I noticed that when retroarch is on the background, when you click on games in launchbox , it will bring you to Retroarch menu. However if Retroarch isn't active, the click will sometime A) produce black screen or B) retroarch force close. 

For other emulator that i try, Mupen64+ AE free / Snes 9X  - click only bring to the emulator menu. While DraStic, error did pop up saying that error happen while extracting the rom. I have manually tried to open the rom zip with the emulator app, it work just fine.

#2, I don't see any image files when i exporting the snes rom. I have done it couple of time. The file its produce is the game rom and database.  

1) I have format my phone and install everything. It work now. For Retroarch, I need to exit it completely every time I want to change to new rom. If not, it always goes to menu instead of auto loading. For NDS, since it export the 7zip, it take about a minute for the program to extract and play while I could load instantly if I am using directly Drastic emulator.

2) The export still missing the image file and folder for some of my rom (NDS,Snes,GBA) while N64 and Psp are able to export with image.

Excellent beginnings for this app. Working great with Galaxy S10.

The only issue I've run into is using the Ipega 9087S controller. When you exit a game back to Launchbox, the d-pad stops working.
Switching the box/list view brings it back to life. Weird but no biggy.

Really looking forward to some type of search or sort function. Scrolling full game sets is a bit tedious.

Really impressed overall though. Launching games is very fast and I've experienced no crashes.

Thank you very much.

• Like 1

One stupid quesition, why does the latest version extract game files when launching a game?

I have Huawei P30 Pro, and for some reason it takes ages to extract the games... The previous Launchbox version worked great without any exctration (not what i'm aware of)... :/

It takes even longer when launching a Dreamcast game since the file size is larger.

EDIT: Also is it possible to add Mupen64+ FZ???
There is Mupen64+ AE and AE free, but not FZ version :)

Edited by mosestyle

Has anyone got SNES MSU1 working? When I launch from Launchbox, the unzip takes about 5 minutes. Retroarch starts but with just a black screen. 

If I run the content directly from Retroarch, it runs fine. 

I notice that my MSU1 games are all zipped folders, if that's at all relevant. 

Thanks.

And...bought the Android version! :)

Just one thing isn't really working.

My PlayStation one games have both a cue and bin file. When exporting to Android, it only exports the cue files which doesn't run. I manually deleted the cue files and replaced it with the bin files. Launchbox doesn't see the bin files and just closes as the cue files aren't there anymore. I installed ePSXe and the games run fine

What should I do?

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, froizki said:

And...bought the Android version! :)

Just one thing isn't really working.

My PlayStation one games have both a cue and bin file. When exporting to Android, it only exports the cue files which doesn't run. I manually deleted the cue files and replaced it with the bin files. Launchbox doesn't see the bin files and just closes as the cue files aren't there anymore. I installed ePSXe and the games run fine

What should I do?

Thanks!

You need to keep the cue files in the folder. Just add the bin files to the same folder. Than it should work.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, froizki said:

Just one thing isn't really working.My PlayStation one games have both a cue and bin file. When exporting to Android, it only exports the cue files which doesn't run. I manually deleted the cue files and replaced it with the bin files. Launchbox doesn't see the bin files and just closes as the cue files aren't there anymore. I installed ePSXe and the games run fine

I had a similar issue with Sega CD games (which have bins and cues).  What worked for me was to manually transfer the bin files into the same folder as the cue files on the android device.

• Like 1