LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox for Android 0.6 Beta Released!

Jason Carr

12 hours ago, deliyuerek85 said:

I have another problem. Since the game loading screen has been added launchbox is loosing focus after returning back to LB from a game and I can not control it with my controller. In need to go out of the platform per touchscreen and go back in. Then I can control it again with the controller.

How are you exiting from the emulator, which emulator is it?

3 minutes ago, deliyuerek85 said:

I'm using a Huawei P20 Pro with a BEBENCOOL (Saitake 7007F1) Controller.

This happens since the addition of the loading screen.

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

How are you exiting from the emulator, which emulator is it?

I was able to reproduce this and fixed it for the 0.17 release. See a couple of posts above.

Just now, deliyuerek85 said:

Retroarch for example. I exiting from the Retroarch menu. But this happens also with PPSSPP and DraStic (NDS Emulator).

OK was just checking as i also have a P20 PRO and i use Retroarch and i exit it from the combo i set in the Retroarch input settings.

Hi All

so been playing around however still same issues Galaxy S9 PLUS, If I install the games to the internal memory there is no issue and they show up, however if I install games to the SD card then they do not show, I have tried running the Launchbox programme and files from SD card still no joy.

So at present for me the only way to work is to have the programme and games installed on the internal memory (which is not what I want) anyone got any advice or update, appreciate still WIP , cheers all

8 hours ago, dunnster said:

Hi All

so been playing around however still same issues Galaxy S9 PLUS, If I install the games to the internal memory there is no issue and they show up, however if I install games to the SD card then they do not show, I have tried running the Launchbox programme and files from SD card still no joy.

So at present for me the only way to work is to have the programme and games installed on the internal memory (which is not what I want) anyone got any advice or update, appreciate still WIP , cheers all

@dunnster Sorry to hear. At this point though, it has pretty much been proven that SD cards do work fine, so there must be some kind of odd permissions or configuration issue. I currently do my main testing on a Galaxy S10+, with the app installed on the internal memory and the data on the SD card. I've also tested this on the S8+, so I'm guessing it certainly should work fine on the S9+.

Have you tried deleting the /Android/data/com.unbrokensoftware.launchbox folder from your internal storage? If it picks up the internal storage folder, then it won't pick up the one on the SD card.

26 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Yup, no problem. :)

Nice. 

Anyway to remove a platform, can't seem to get dreamcast/psp working. 

I need to set them up on my main LB first I'm guessing. 

My laptop is  weak, can't run anything above snes well.

so I gave up but now my phone is better than my laptop setup.. 

1 minute ago, Mu144 said:

Nice. 

Anyway to remove a platform, can't seem to get dreamcast/psp working. 

I need to set them up on my main LB first I'm guessing. 

My laptop is  weak, can't run anything above snes well.

so I gave up but now my phone is better than my laptop setup.. 

Currently the only way to remove a platform is to delete the platform's XML file under /Android/data/com.unbrokensoftware.launchbox/files/LaunchBox/Data/Platforms. You'll probably also want to delete the image and game folders as well for that platform.

I've only just begun with LaunchBox and last week I've bought a premium membership for BigBox.

I've added "Game Boy" to Launchbox and exported for Android, this all worked fine.

My question, can I just add another platform easily besides the already exported "Game Boy" ?

Or does it give any problems if you export 1 platform at a time ?

Probably best to export everything at once ?

Thanks.

Edited by Soxbrother
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kmetz7547 said:

The android emulator "yaba sanshiro" works for Sega Saturn.... just throwing it out there

I'll see if I can get that added in today. :)

5 minutes ago, Soxbrother said:

I've only just begun with LaunchBox and last week I've bought a premium membership for BigBox.

I've added "Game Boy" to Launchbox and exported for Android, this all worked fine.

My question, can I just add another platform easily besides the already exported "Game Boy" ?

Thanks.

There should be no problem with exporting one platform at a time like that. The only thing to note is that you have to export entire platforms. If you try and export only part of a platform, it will overwrite any games that you already had for that platform on Android.

12 minutes ago, Kmetz7547 said:

The android emulator "yaba sanshiro" works for Sega Saturn.... just throwing it out there

I'll see if I can get that added in today. :)

6 minutes ago, Soxbrother said:

Thanks.

There should be no problem with exporting one platform at a time like that. The only thing to note is that you have to export entire platforms. If you try and export only part of a platform, it will overwrite any games that you already had for that platform on Android.