LaunchBox Community Forums

COLORFUL bigbox theme

viking

You have not been ignored. I have been hospitalized a lot as a result of the Covid last month. I'm still recovering. =)

I like the result on the selection overlay. (your 1st picture)
Less on the main page. Overloaded.
I'm not guaranteeing you anything, but I'll think about it.
Otherwise, you can make your version and post it here. I could add it as an option with your credit if you wish. =)

18 hours ago, viking said:

You have not been ignored. I have been hospitalized a lot as a result of the Covid last month. I'm still recovering. ?

I like the result on the selection overlay. (your 1st picture)
Less on the main page. Overloaded.
I'm not guaranteeing you anything, but I'll think about it.
Otherwise, you can make your version and post it here. I could add it as an option with your credit if you wish. ?

I was joking about ignoring, that's why I put the emoticon, I don't know how to create it, if I hadn't already done it, thanks for your answer and get well.

Hello,

I'm trying to know why the custom color per platform were not working for me. Does anyone for whom custom colors work have the lastest version of Launchbox. Because for me i got this error int the "Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_7a.dll" logs :

2021-07-19 16:41:36 [Ao.Bigbox.Utils.Fu.EmbeddedAssembler] loading external LB dll: <path to launchbox>\LaunchBox\Core\Metadata\Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.dll

And in LaunchBox logs

2021-07-19 06:58:35 PM FIRST CHANCE EXCEPTION: Could not load file or assembly '<path to launchbox>\LaunchBox\Core\Metadata\Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.dll'. The system cannot find the path specified.
   at System.Runtime.Loader.AssemblyLoadContext.LoadFromPath(IntPtr ptrNativeAssemblyLoadContext, String ilPath, String niPath, ObjectHandleOnStack retAssembly)
2021-07-19 06:58:35 PM FIRST CHANCE EXCEPTION: Could not load file or assembly 'Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows, Version=10.15.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=97d6238f04304129'. The system cannot find the path specified.
   at Ao.Bigbox.ViewModels.AbstractSelectionVMP.OnSelectionChanged(FilterType filterType, String filterValue, IPlatform platform, IPlatformCategory category, IPlaylist playlist, IGame game)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.ChildViewModelBase.<>c__DisplayClass32_0.UpdateSessionVisitor(Object , FilterType , Object , Object , Object , Object , Object )
2021-07-19 06:58:35 PM FIRST CHANCE CONTINUED INNER EXCEPTION: Could not load file or assembly '<path to launchbox>\LaunchBox\Core\Metadata\Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.dll'. The system cannot find the path specified.
   at System.Runtime.Loader.AssemblyLoadContext.LoadFromPath(IntPtr ptrNativeAssemblyLoadContext, String ilPath, String niPath, ObjectHandleOnStack retAssembly)
   at System.Runtime.Loader.AssemblyLoadContext.LoadFromAssemblyPath(String assemblyPath)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFile(String path)
   at Ao.Bigbox.Utils.Fu.EmbeddedAssembler.AssemblyResolveHandler(Object sender, ResolveEventArgs args)
   at System.Runtime.Loader.AssemblyLoadContext.InvokeResolveEvent(ResolveEventHandler eventHandler, RuntimeAssembly assembly, String name)
   at System.Runtime.Loader.AssemblyLoadContext.OnAssemblyResolve(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String assemblyFullName)
2021-07-19 06:58:35 PM EXCEPTION IGNORED: Could not load file or assembly 'Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows, Version=10.15.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=97d6238f04304129'. The system cannot find the path specified.
   at Ao.Bigbox.ViewModels.AbstractSelectionVMP.OnSelectionChanged(FilterType filterType, String filterValue, IPlatform platform, IPlatformCategory category, IPlaylist playlist, IGame game)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.ChildViewModelBase.<>c__DisplayClass32_0.UpdateSessionVisitor(Object , FilterType , Object , Object , Object , Object , Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.ChildViewModelBase.<>c__DisplayClass32_0.RateInvalidService()

I think the DLL Ao.Bigbox.Themer is not compatible with the newest version of launchbox/bigbox and wont load correctly because the Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows DLL can't be found in the /Core/Metadata folder (does not exist anymore) and now is in the /Core folder.

Is there a plugin that can do the same as the Ao.Bigbox.Themer in replacement ?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, DebugFlo said:

Hello,

I'm trying to know why the custom color per platform were not working for me. Does anyone for whom custom colors work have the lastest version of Launchbox. Because for me i got this error int the "Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_7a.dll" logs :

2021-07-19 16:41:36 [Ao.Bigbox.Utils.Fu.EmbeddedAssembler] loading external LB dll: <path to launchbox>\LaunchBox\Core\Metadata\Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.dll

And in LaunchBox logs

2021-07-19 06:58:35 PM FIRST CHANCE EXCEPTION: Could not load file or assembly '<path to launchbox>\LaunchBox\Core\Metadata\Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.dll'. The system cannot find the path specified.
2021-07-19 06:58:35 PM FIRST CHANCE EXCEPTION: Could not load file or assembly 'Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows, Version=10.15.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=97d6238f04304129'. The system cannot find the path specified.
2021-07-19 06:58:35 PM FIRST CHANCE CONTINUED INNER EXCEPTION: Could not load file or assembly '<path to launchbox>\LaunchBox\Core\Metadata\Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.dll'. The system cannot find the path specified.
   at System.Runtime.Loader.AssemblyLoadContext.LoadFromAssemblyPath(String assemblyPath)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFile(String path)
   at Ao.Bigbox.Utils.Fu.EmbeddedAssembler.AssemblyResolveHandler(Object sender, ResolveEventArgs args)
   at System.Runtime.Loader.AssemblyLoadContext.InvokeResolveEvent(ResolveEventHandler eventHandler, RuntimeAssembly assembly, String name)
   at System.Runtime.Loader.AssemblyLoadContext.OnAssemblyResolve(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String assemblyFullName)
2021-07-19 06:58:35 PM EXCEPTION IGNORED: Could not load file or assembly 'Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows, Version=10.15.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=97d6238f04304129'. The system cannot find the path specified.
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.ChildViewModelBase.<>c__DisplayClass32_0.RateInvalidService()

I think the DLL Ao.Bigbox.Themer is not compatible with the newest version of launchbox/bigbox and wont load correctly because the Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows DLL can't be found in the /Core/Metadata folder (does not exist anymore) and now is in the /Core folder.

Is there a plugin that can do the same as the Ao.Bigbox.Themer in replacement ?

Hi @DebugFlo. This should only be an issue if you are on the most recent beta. The theme should work fine on the latest official version of LaunchBox (currently 11.12). If you are more worried about the Colorful theme than testing the new beta features, you can always revert back to the official release by going into your LaunchBox\Updates folder and running the 11.12 installer overtop your LaunchBox files.

Unfortunately, the themer plugin that Colorful uses for some of its features is no longer being worked on by the author anymore.

There are ways to accomplish what the themer plugin does for Colorful, but the theme would have to go through some major migration efforst to achieve them.

12 hours ago, faeran said:

Hi @DebugFlo. This should only be an issue if you are on the most recent beta. The theme should work fine on the latest official version of LaunchBox (currently 11.12). If you are more worried about the Colorful theme than testing the new beta features, you can always revert back to the official release by going into your LaunchBox\Updates folder and running the 11.12 installer overtop your LaunchBox files.

Unfortunately, the themer plugin that Colorful uses for some of its features is no longer being worked on by the author anymore.

There are ways to accomplish what the themer plugin does for Colorful, but the theme would have to go through some major migration efforst to achieve them.

It's not a problem for me to do these migrations, as long as i know how to do them. I looked at the documentation, but I don't have the impression that there is a way to do conditional in the views but i may have look wrong.

4 hours ago, DebugFlo said:

It's not a problem for me to do these migrations, as long as i know how to do them. I looked at the documentation, but I don't have the impression that there is a way to do conditional in the views but i may have look wrong.

Yes, that part would require a converter, which is one of the reason viking chose to go with the themer plugin at the time.

10 hours ago, clockw3rk said:

Uh oh! Looks like launchbox 11.14 does still have an issue with the Colorful theme. As before on the 13.x betas, all of the platform wheel 2 themes now have gray boxes next to them when they load. 

Are we out of luck? 

I do not believe there were any fixes made in this release of LB/BB to address the issue with the plugin not working. Unfortunately the plugin creator will need to update the plugin or an update to the theme will need to be done.

A big thank you to @faeran and @Jason Carr for their help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was blocked by an obsolete plugin that I had not developed. (and that I am quite incapable of developing)
Remember that I am a graphic designer, not a coder. I am so damn bad and a very slow  developer.
Fortunately, our 2 Superman have integrated color management by platform into BigBox !!! If that's not incredible!!!!! :x

An updated version to correct this problem will soon be rolled out to regular channels. Thank you for your patience !

Some of you know, I have had a few health problems over the past few months. From September, I will resume a good cruising speed and promise you some nice updates.
Mostly, I will focus on the videos. This branch of the project has not moved forward for too long.

• Like 3
  • The Cake is a Lie 1
  • Unusual Gem 1

26 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Thank you @viking! Both Colorful themes available in the Themes Manager in Big Box have been updated, so if you have downloaded them from the themes manager, you can update them from there.

Otherwise, if you've downloaded your theme from the forums, the forums themes have been updated as well.

Thanks again! Most of the platform wheel 2 images appear to be working again. 

Several of the more recently added platforms are showing a green box now, and it doesn’t appear that changing the color codes using the dll still works. Any suggestions? 

D3058CD6-C4B4-40AE-BD4E-47085881FFBE.jpeg

35 minutes ago, clockw3rk said:

Thanks again! Most of the platform wheel 2 images appear to be working again. 

Several of the more recently added platforms are showing a green box now, and it doesn’t appear that changing the color codes using the dll still works. Any suggestions? 

D3058CD6-C4B4-40AE-BD4E-47085881FFBE.jpeg

The new way of adding colors is by editing the COLORFUL_Styles.xaml file within: LaunchBox\Themes\Colorful - Light\Views\Styles

Should be as straight forward as adding a new SolidColorBrush line and editing the key to match (or partially match) your platform/playlist name and adding your color.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, faeran said:

The new way of adding colors is by editing the COLORFUL_Styles.xaml file within: LaunchBox\Themes\Colorful - Light\Views\Styles

Should be as straight forward as adding a new SolidColorBrush line and editing the key to match (or partially match) your platform/playlist name and adding your color.

Working perfectly. Thanks again. 

• Like 1