LaunchBox Community Forums

COLORFUL bigbox theme

viking

@viking Your updates from the last few pages are the fricking amazing. You are knocking this out of the park and improving your theme by a country mile! I love it all!!!!! But dude, you HAVE to include a view like what I attached. I just did a quick dirty mock up with my game boy box art and cart art to show you how good it looks! I hope you consider making this a view!!! (Since you said you may not make this view)

colorful example.png

• Like 3
  • Game On 1
  • Unusual Gem 1

A BIG thank you to everyone for your feedback.
I will therefore go on v4.2 for the moment. We will see what I can do on code side.

9 hours ago, ABeezy13 said:

@viking Your updates from the last few pages are the fricking amazing. You are knocking this out of the park and improving your theme by a country mile! I love it all!!!!! But dude, you HAVE to include a view like what I attached. I just did a quick dirty mock up with my game boy box art and cart art to show you how good it looks! I hope you consider making this a view!!! (Since you said you may not make this view)

colorful example.png

Yes, this view is well planned. BUT I have a big doubt about its feasibility on the code side.
I will try, with no guarantee of succeeding.

The difficulty will be to set up an animation structure that works regardless of the height/width ratio of the images. And it's not nothing. There is so much variety that it gets complicated!

I have already started working the HorizontalWheel1GamesView view.
But stupid thing ... I can not have the selected item larger than the others... it begins well ! :ph34r:
LIGHT_HorizontalWheel1GamesView.thumb.jpg.1e1a501bcae3d8b45e07e563d0ad8d77.jpg

Edited by viking
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, viking said:

I have already started working the HorizontalWheel1GamesView view.
But stupid thing ... I can not have the selected item larger than the others... it begins well ! :ph34r:

That's so strange? Are you using the Property SelectedItemZPosition in the CoverFlow? It has to have a relatively larger value than ItemZPosition like below relative to CameraZPosition? And it's still not working?

CameraZPosition="2" ItemZPosition="2" SelectedItemZPosition="2.5"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I've posted this thread in the troubleshoot subforum, but unfortunately, nobody replied, yet:

I wanted to bring this issue up here, since it concerns my experiences with severe lag / slowdown when using COLORFUL in BigBox. @viking, do you have any idea what could be causing this behavior?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Could you tell me where I can change the transition timeouts please? When I'm scrolling through games/platforms and I stop scrolling it almost immediately switches to currently selected item theme. I'd either like to make that longer as It's too quick or turn it off until a key is pressed?

Cheers.

9 hours ago, reeca said:

Could you tell me where I can change the transition timeouts please? When I'm scrolling through games/platforms and I stop scrolling it almost immediately switches to currently selected item theme. I'd either like to make that longer as It's too quick or turn it off until a key is pressed?

Cheers.

The setting you're looking for is not placed at Transitions menu. You'll probably find it at Views menu. Choose if you want to apply that change for all your themes from BigBox options, or for an specific theme instead, from, of course, Specific Theme Options.

12 hours ago, KaaMoS said:

The setting you're looking for is not placed at Transitions menu. You'll probably find it at Views menu. Choose if you want to apply that change for all your themes from BigBox options, or for an specific theme instead, from, of course, Specific Theme Options.

Mmmm I can't see any settings that relate to timings anywhere apart from wheel speeds - am I missing something?

22 hours ago, reeca said:

Cheers.

If you are talking about the transition of the wheel out of view and directly into the video for the item the wheel landed on that is controlled by the theme's coding. It is not a BigBox setting. So the code would need to be edited. That could be anywhere from a single line of code to multiple lines.

59 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

If you are talking about the transition of the wheel out of view and directly into the video for the item the wheel landed on that is controlled by the theme's coding. It is not a BigBox setting. So the code would need to be edited. That could be anywhere from a single line of code to multiple lines.

Ah thanks something for @viking to comment on then?  ;->

On 5/18/2021 at 5:27 PM, reeca said:

Cheers.

Sorry for the late reply guys, I'm just done with the covid ... ^^'

Speeding up or slowing down the animation is going to be a real pain in the ass. You have to change the time values of each element relative to each other!
Sorry =/

If adventure motivates you, these are all the time values in the <StoryBoard> part of the view.
Don't forget to save! Each update will overwrite your changes.

• 1 month later...