LaunchBox Community Forums

This is way too expensive

EchoXenoD

I had heard about this software before and I  finally decided to get around to giving it a go; and was going to spent some money to unlock the big box option, help me pass the time since schools are shut down for a while here.

Imagine my surprise when I find out it's not $15 or $20 but it's over $100! That's crazy; it's great software but that's way beyond just interest budget. It's hard enough as a uni student, I don't know how people are able to afford that, especially with all the current problems going on.

I know this is the actual fan forums of the program so I expect to just get flamed or whatever from others; but I just wanted to politely explain that I think you are asking too much for the use of big box. I hope you consider changing it some time down the road, or allowing to just the permanent unlock of big box as a separate thing or something. 

That's all, thank you.

Edited by EchoXenoD

8 minutes ago, EchoXenoD said:

I had heard about this software before and I  finally decided to get around to giving it a go; and was going to spent some money to unlock the big box option, help me pass the time since schools are shut down for a while here.

Imagine my surprise when I find out it's not $15 or $20 but it's over $100! That's crazy; it's great software but that's way beyond just interest budget. It's hard enough as a uni student, I don't know how people are able to afford that, especially with all the current problems going on.

I know this is the actual fan forums of the program so I expect to just get flamed or whatever from others; but I just wanted to politely explain that I think you are asking too much for the use of big box. I hope you consider changing it some time down the road, or allowing to just the permanent unlock of big box as a separate thing or something. 

That's all, thank you.

You can get premium for as little as $30.

How much is a new AAA game release in your country, im guessing around the same price as a forever license? So it doesnt seem to bad to me. Resident Evil 3 Remake is released tomorrow, that will be $60 for a 5 hour experience, compared to Launchbox that has given me hundreds, if not thousands of hours of use, and is also still constantly updated and evolving.

Seems pretty good value to me in comparison.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

You can get premium for as little as $30.

How much is a new AAA game release in your country, im guessing around the same price as a forever license? So it doesnt seem to bad to me. Resident Evil 3 Remake is released tomorrow, that will be $60 for a 5 hour experience, compared to Launchbox that has given me hundreds, if not thousands of hours of use, and is also still constantly updated and evolving.

Seems pretty good value to me in comparison.

It's $105 Cad according to the store page. The other one expires within a year, which if it still lets you use the big box after that is still a little pricey but more manageable. Going triple digits though is, quite frankly, too much. Going over the price of a triple A game that cost millions to develop isn't quite a fair comparison either. I don't agree with  you, sorry.

I know my opinion is going to be shrugged off; but most people that see that are going to just move on and not say anything; so I wanted to at least say something.

No offense to the product, I think they are doing great work on it at least from what I can tell; but that is just far too much money sorry. Good luck with your product and best wishes.

Edited by EchoXenoD

2 minutes ago, EchoXenoD said:

Going over the price of a triple A game that cost millions to develop isn't quite a fair comparison either. I don't agree with  you, sorry.

Its a very fair comparison, its software, and is sold at the price the market is willing to pay. Launchbox is doing very very well, so it seems that people are fine with the price for what it provides to them. At the end of the day every individual has to apply there own circumstances and income situation to any purchase they make. Only you can decide if something is worth the asking price.

15 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Its a very fair comparison, its software, and is sold at the price the market is willing to pay. Launchbox is doing very very well, so it seems that people are fine with the price for what it provides to them. At the end of the day every individual has to apply there own circumstances and income situation to any purchase they make. Only you can decide if something is worth the asking price.

It's still too expensive, as you said, my opinion. I wanted to at least convey that instead of just pass by without saying anything, if you are selling well enough then there is nothing that will change about it; but I wanted to say something at least.

I hope there is some consideration into that someday down the road is all I can hope for.

Take care.

Edited by EchoXenoD

4 hours ago, DeadVoivod said:

don't know where you see this over 100$ price tags? 

Right now the forever license is over 100$ Canadian.

8 hours ago, EchoXenoD said:

The other one expires within a year, which if it still lets you use the big box after that is still a little pricey but more manageable.

Yes, after 1 year you get to keep all the functionality of the premium license, you just won't receive any updates. My advice would be just to buy the 1 year license and if there is an absolute must have feature released after the 1 year period then maybe update to the forever license. While I have a lifetime license there hasn't been a feature added in quite some time that I would ever consider essential or must have for my needs.

At the end of the day it's your dollar and your decision, there are other options out there to look into as well.

1 hour ago, Asparky said:

How much do you spend on Booze for a weekend?

Do you smoke, how much is a Packet of Fags now?

Personally, zero.

If this thread gets to the point of telling people that "they are poor and can't afford it" or other stupid crap then I will lock it down.

For what it's worth I also believe that Jasons new price is way too much money and we all know I am a supporter of Jason and Launchbox or else I wouldn't have been here for as long as I have and helping out. But Jason needs to charge what makes sense to him to support his family, run the business and make a wage that makes sense for him. If he doesn't then he may as well go work for someone else. If people don't buy the license because of the price then Jason will either have to lower his price or quit doing it.

Either buy the license or use another front end, it's as simple as that.  Complaining about the price is silly and being condescending to someone because they think the price is too high is equally silly.

• Like 1

To tell the Truth, I would be happy to Pay £200, for a Life Time Licence.The Project is going from Strength to Strength and that’s only because Jason can spend his full time on it.

Jason needs to make a living and it’s a good thing for all of us, that he is producing something that everybody can enjoy...

instead of moaning and groaning about it, enjoy what we’ve got, in these times at the moment, we do need to look after each other, not to put People down.....

On 4/3/2020 at 6:53 AM, Asparky said:

To tell the Truth, I would be happy to Pay £200, for a Life Time Licence.The Project is going from Strength to Strength and that’s only because Jason can spend his full time on it.

Jason needs to make a living and it’s a good thing for all of us, that he is producing something that everybody can enjoy...

instead of moaning and groaning about it, enjoy what we’ve got, in these times at the moment, we do need to look after each other, not to put People down.....

I don't understand how someone voicing their opinion that they think something is too expensive is "putting people down". I haven't seen anyone get rude about it in fact the OP says " No offense to the product, I think they are doing great work on it at least from what I can tell; but that is just far too much money sorry. Good luck with your product and best wishes". To me that is a very gracious way to say they think it cost more than they would be willing to spend. We should never get to the point where the users should only be able to say what we want to hear them say. If some potential customers think the price is too high that is a good thing to know not a bad one. Ultimately whether or not the price is too high will be determined by the market. If people stop purchasing it for that price I'd say its too high if they continue to buy it with the price increase then I'd say for them it was priced right.

On 4/2/2020 at 4:19 AM, EchoXenoD said:

That's all, thank you.

well, this is a luxury product. like most luxury products, it fills a niche. so the price will be high since the volume usually is low.(compare to other product toothpaste,etc). i think you should focus on get your degree then i am sure the $75 price tag wont be the problem anymore.