LaunchBox Community Forums

10.14-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

We are unfortunately on rare occasions getting some corrupted info coming from the high scores and/or nvram files. This doesn't seem to be the fault of hi2txt (or LaunchBox), but we're trying to figure out how or why it's happening. If anyone sees that again, please let us know and upload the .hi and nvram files for that game so we can test and get it figured out.

Hey guys!

I am sorry that this post is not about MAME or the new implementations, but wanted to check in regards of a possible "bug" or similar, related to Background Music. I just started using this feature, so I do not know if it was something that started happening in the last versions, or if it was like this from day 1. The problem is related to the shuffling; it keeps coming back to the same song; I was not able to find the pattern or logic/reason, but it is like it shuffles correctly when I manually press the bind Next key, but afterwards it plays the songs alphabetically (so I am constantly hearing the same 3 or 4 mp3s unless I manually start pressing Next and not let the system do it on its own).

In this topic it gets better explained; although from my searches in the forum, I have not found a work-around from a couple of topics there are in regards of this.

Hope this can be reviewed at some point in time :)

3 hours ago, Retro808 said:

He was not scolded. If he was scolded I would have tagged him directly and told him directly to stop. The reason I even bothered to say something was the numerous times cheating has been mentioned in this and other threads. Jason has even mentioned himself the unnecessary drama of the cheating claim. So thanks for chiming in without understanding the full context. I am not going to thank him for making an assumption someone cheated when that person even started his own post about the error.

The whole point is instead of crying "cheat" just post you see a score that does not seem correct so it can be looked at. To claim someone might have cheated and that person posted his scores were wrong is the exact reason not to make an assumption.

were would u do this a post if u think someone is cheating ????

1 hour ago, andyco47 said:

were would u do this a post if u think someone is cheating ????

I personally would not post if I thought someone was cheating as it is not that big a deal to me. What I would do if I saw a score looked weird was post the game information in the high score troubleshooting thread and let Jason know the scores look off and let him first determine it if is one of those high score reporting issues.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kondorito said:

Hey guys!

I am sorry that this post is not about MAME or the new implementations, but wanted to check in regards of a possible "bug" or similar, related to Background Music. I just started using this feature, so I do not know if it was something that started happening in the last versions, or if it was like this from day 1. The problem is related to the shuffling; it keeps coming back to the same song; I was not able to find the pattern or logic/reason, but it is like it shuffles correctly when I manually press the bind Next key, but afterwards it plays the songs alphabetically (so I am constantly hearing the same 3 or 4 mp3s unless I manually start pressing Next and not let the system do it on its own).

In this topic it gets better explained; although from my searches in the forum, I have not found a work-around from a couple of topics there are in regards of this.

Hope this can be reviewed at some point in time :)

Thanks @Kondorito. This is an issue that we've reviewed and tried to replicate in order to fix at least three times, but for some reason neither @C-Beats nor I have ever been able to replicate it. It's on our list, but we haven't been able to figure it out because we can't seem to ever make it happen.

28 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Thanks @Kondorito. This is an issue that we've reviewed and tried to replicate in order to fix at least three times, but for some reason neither @C-Beats nor I have ever been able to replicate it. It's on our list, but we haven't been able to figure it out because we can't seem to ever make it happen.

Thanks Jason. Out of curiosity; what does BB use to play the mp3s in the background? Is it the same as what the user has set for video player? I use WMP as it works better for me than VLC. Don't know if this has something to do with it or not. Don't worry; hopefully we will get it some day :)

Just in case this info helps in the future; I have all the 170 mp3s in the root music Background folder, no subfolders at all, and I have attract mode enabled to get triggered in two minutes of inactivity I believe.

Ok, ok, last edit! I swear! Just saw something that might be it. Could it be that accessing different levels of the wheels restart the shuffle list? I am currently in attract mode, and the song X finished playing. Before BB loads the next song, attract mode is spinning and enters another category, and then the same song X starts playing again.

Edited by Kondorito

Adding to this, I'm also having issues with the music shuffle option inside of Big Box.

I have a .m3u file attached to a game and inside of LB it shuffles the music perfectly.

In Big Box though, I have it set to Auto-Play Music in Game Details  and Shuffle Soundtrack Music, the music begins playing on the game details screen but it is always the 1st track and hitting play next track will always play the 2nd track.

Edited by FoxyMonty

18 hours ago, Retro808 said:

I personally would not post if I thought someone was cheating as it is not that big a deal to me. What I would do if I saw a score looked weird was post the game information in the high score troubleshooting thread and let Jason know the scores look off and let him first determine it if is one of those high score reporting issues.

ok thanks for reply.

On 4/23/2020 at 4:26 PM, Kondorito said:

Thanks Jason. Out of curiosity; what does BB use to play the mp3s in the background? Is it the same as what the user has set for video player? I use WMP as it works better for me than VLC. Don't know if this has something to do with it or not. Don't worry; hopefully we will get it some day :)

Just in case this info helps in the future; I have all the 170 mp3s in the root music Background folder, no subfolders at all, and I have attract mode enabled to get triggered in two minutes of inactivity I believe.

Ok, ok, last edit! I swear! Just saw something that might be it. Could it be that accessing different levels of the wheels restart the shuffle list? I am currently in attract mode, and the song X finished playing. Before BB loads the next song, attract mode is spinning and enters another category, and then the same song X starts playing again.

The different levels of the wheel thing could be the clue that we need in order to fix this. I've tasked @C-Beats with taking a look at it, so hopefully that will lead us in the right direction.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2020 at 12:50 AM, Pixel said:

I could never launch Audit because of this error. LB crashes.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 10.15
Type:    System.NullReferenceException
Site:    Boolean (<>c__DisplayClass139_0, Unbroken.LaunchBox.Data.AdditionalApplicationBase)
Source:  Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows

at (<>c__DisplayClass139_0 , AdditionalApplicationBase )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Data.DataManager.<>c__DisplayClass139_0.<ContainsGameApplicationPath>b__0(AdditionalApplicationBase app)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.Any[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at (DataManager , String , String )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Data.DataManager.ContainsGameApplicationPath(String gameApplicationPath, String ignoreId)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.AuditViewModel.AuditEntry..ctor(Game game)
   at (AuditViewModel , Game )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.AuditViewModel.BuildEntry(Game game)
   at (AuditViewModel , List`1 )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.AuditViewModel.PopulateGridThreadLogic(List`1 gamesList)
   at (<>c__DisplayClass348_1 )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.AuditViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass348_1.<PopulateDataGrid>b__3()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Recent Log:

9:49:51 AM Exception

Thanks Pixel. We have a fix for this in place, will in the next beta.